Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    National High School Star

Default Heat need a decent center bad

Clippers,lakers, pacers, rockets, nuggets, grizzles,spurs and even the Knicks playing well are gonna give them major problems on the defensive end. bosh might be doing a decent job with help defense but it messes up rotations and causes all types of negatives. theyre gonna win 55+ games probably but as a heat fan I'm worried. they better pickup a decent big man for when the game slows down or they're not getting by lakers, and defiantly not the grizzles or clippers . Do they think bosh will really play center if they met grizzles in the finals?? It's very possible and so are a couple other scenarios .I cant see why they're banking on playing this way all the way through the playoffs..I know it worked last years playoffs, but you have teams that have gotten better out there (out west)now that will make you pay for playing small ball.

Default Re: Heat need a decent center bad

No they just need to stop playing Battier at the 4.

NBA rookie of the year senelcoolidge's Avatar

Dexter Pittman...he's right there sitting next to the gatorade. Play him.

Roy Hibbert Super Star InspiredLebowski's Avatar

Indy can't give the Bucks problems, let alone Miami. I'm fine with their absolutely horrendous start being overlooked even more than their great season last year, but the Pacers ****ing suck. The two best players on the team are Lance Stephenson and Tyler Hansbrough. That tells you all you need to know.

Quote Originally Posted by InspiredLebowski
    Indy can't give the Bucks problems, let alone Miami. I'm fine with their absolutely horrendous start being overlooked even more than their great season last year, but the Pacers ****ing suck. The two best players on the team are Lance Stephenson and Tyler Hansbrough. That tells you all you need to know.
    Who knew Danny Granger was so important?

Quote Originally Posted by RRR3
    Who knew Danny Granger was so important?
    He's not. And that's not a knock on Granger. It's a gigantic **** you to everyone else employed by the organization. Frank Vogel's cheerleader skirt wearing ass especially.

He's not. And that's not a knock on Granger. It's a gigantic **** you to everyone else employed by the organization. Frank Vogel's cheerleader skirt wearing ass especially.
    What's going on with your boy Hibbert? And why haven't West and George stepped up more? BTW you wouldn't have lost that Toronto game with Granger. I'm just sayin'.

They should reach out to Birdman. Decent defensive center, great shotblocker

getting birdman would be interesting.. would have been more interesting if they picked up darko lol would love to see the 2003 class play

Quote Originally Posted by RRR3
    What's going on with your boy Hibbert? And why haven't West and George stepped up more? BTW you wouldn't have lost that Toronto game with Granger. I'm just sayin'.
    Hibbert's a punk that has nuts smaller than me despite the 100 pound size difference. West has honestly played fairly well, offensively anyway, dude's just been bricking, everything's short.

George has stepped up. He's just not "the next McGrady" like a bunch of morons said. His handle's better (for 6'9 wing), he's hitting the boards, still playing strong on ball D. He's just not as good or going to be as good as people made him out to be, as I tried to tell people. I don't fault him for not being able to carry a team at 22 years old while coming into the league with nothing but spot up skills. Plenty of idiots do, but I don't.

They try to run shit through Hibbert but it just doesn't work. They give it to him from 8 or so feet out and try to cut off him but Granger's not there so defenders have no reason not to cheat and by the time Hibbert's passing lanes are closed defense is more than set and he's just weak. Quick dump down and a little baby over the shoulder hook is his move, not dribble a guy down under the hoop. His punk ass can't eve get consistent block position, let alone create it after he catches the entry.

Indy's offense is a legitimate disaster.

Hibbert's a punk that has nuts smaller than me despite the 100 pound size difference. West has honestly played fairly well, offensively anyway, dude's just been bricking, everything's short.

George has stepped up. He's just not "the next McGrady" like a bunch of morons said. His handle's better (for 6'9 wing), he's hitting the boards, still playing strong on ball D. He's just not as good or going to be as good as people made him out to be, as I tried to tell people. I don't fault him for not being able to carry a team at 22 years old while coming into the league with nothing but spot up skills. Plenty of idiots do, but I don't.

They try to run shit through Hibbert but it just doesn't work. They give it to him from 8 or so feet out and try to cut off him but Granger's not there so defenders have no reason not to cheat and by the time Hibbert's passing lanes are closed defense is more than set and he's just weak. Quick dump down and a little baby over the shoulder hook is his move, not dribble a guy down under the hoop. His punk ass can't eve get consistent block position, let alone create it after he catches the entry.

Indy's offense is a legitimate disaster.
    Good post, but I'm telling you Granger is important! Maybe he has become underrated?

Two more things:
    When is Hansbrough going to start having a FG% that is acceptable for his position?
    Surprised by Stephenson doing well, especially with his 3PT shooting
    Also, new guys (Green, Augustin, Mahinmi, Young). Good, bad, meh?

They could do with one for certain for need one? They won the title without one. They need to adjust line-ups in certain match-ups but they won playing small ball.

They don't need a center, just another big. Kenyon Martin is said to have Miami on the top of his list. They should pick him up. Udonis isn't playing as well as he did a few seasons back.

Rivalries Never Die Faptastrophe's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by All Net
    They won the title without one. They need to adjust line-ups in certain match-ups but they won playing small ball.
    QFT

I wish they played Joel 'The Warden' Anthony more, though.
    I miss his Dwight-esque blocks (sending the ball into stands).

..like the one from yesterday
    http://youtu.be/SiXdBKQXoaI

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Jasper's Avatar

Anthony isn't playing .. always a defensive stopper along with Haslem.

I expect this combo to be on the floor soon , to stop the bleeding.