Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

mere words, no matter how hateful or racist, is adequate provocation for assault or battery. the only exception is if those words place you in reasonable immediate fear for your safety, or the safety of another.

that being said, i'd wanna kick the guys ass too, but you gotta follow the law, else we'd just be savages.

Learning to shoot layups Yao Ming's Avatar

a living legend

Quote Originally Posted by Darkess
    Mutombo didn't do anything, and that's good. He shouldn't have.

Words are just words. If you let it get under your skin, that's your fault. Sure, the guy who said them was a prick, but it's your choice how you react to those words. If you treat his words as if they don't matter, then indeed they don't.
    Words are not just words. If you let them get under your skin you prove you're human. And the choice of words said can matter given the situation and how much self respect, pride and dignity you have. Maybe that racial slur doesnt affect you but there are things that can be said to get under your skin. Fact.

They're athletes, they should be better trained to handle verbal slurs. This is nothing compared to african americans athlete overseas... primarily soccer.

Quote Originally Posted by bigkingsfan
    They're athletes, they should be better trained to handle verbal slurs. This is nothing compared to african americans athlete overseas... primarily soccer.
    No they shouldnt be trained. What nonsense, who taught you that? Hopefully not a relative because they just embarrassed your family.

Oh please athletes gets racial slurs all the time, if they had to respond to every slur we have multiple incidents every day.

Oh please athletes gets racial slurs all the time, if they had to respond to every slur we have multiple incidents every day.
    How many times has Mutombo been called a MONKEY? How many times has that word been used to insult players? Go ahead and let me know jackass.

A commentator used the word monkey and not even in the negative contest and got roasted. Players, fans frowned upon the usage and the commentator apologized and was embarrassed. So why the outcry when that was said considering you say athletes should be trained. Guess that was different huh?

What bball arenas do you know of that have fans shouting racial slurs all game long? I've never heard it...I've heard curse words and I've also witnessed fans of the same team complain about a heckler using curse words around them and/or thier kids when they were present. I witnessed a fan telling another off but shouting a curse word. I've never sat and witnessed racial slurs used in a baseball, basketball or football game. Ever. So since you claim its done...when, where

The guy who said the racial slur got pointed out by many fans who were also asking for his removal. But yeah being called a monkey, the n word, a ch!nk, wetback are all common things said and players should get used too it.

Please shut your ignorant misinformed ass the phuck up kid. You're clueless.
    Last edited by GOBB; 10-27-2006 at 08:46 PM.

Thanks for the opinion. Also, thanks for the conclusive proof that you're a ****ing retard. Racial slurs and athletes goes in hand in hand, it's the price you pay for being a celebrity. You obvious don't know the difference between public figures and private citizens.

Thanks for the opinion. Also, thanks for the conclusive proof that you're a ****ing retard. Racial slurs and athletes goes in hand in hand, it's the price you pay for being a celebrity. You obvious don't know the difference between public figures and private citizens.
    And you've done little to NOTHING to prove this. You're basically talkin out your ass. If you're not going to support your BOGUS claims then take some better advice and SHUT THE PHUCK UP. You're a classic example of someone who should just keep his terrible and offbase comments to themselves. But they cant swallow thier pride and dont like being biiitch slapped with the GoBB to honest truth. Feel free tho to throw me a barrage of players who have been called racial slurs tho. Come on...give me more.

The last time a racial slur was used and caused an uproar was soccer. The infamous headbutt when nasty things were said by a team that is said to be known for having racist players on thier team. You think of Italy played an african team and the words like monkey were used that nothing would happen? If I'm not mistaken and I dont have much knowledge on soccer and its rules...i believe there are harsh penalities if players use racial slurs vs one another.

But yeah fans throw those out daily and you as an athlete should be trained. What a phucking joke you are. You'll never in your life hear a fan at an NBA game call Yao Ming a ch!nk and Yao brushes it off because he is trained to handle it. You'll never see fans tolerate that being thrown Yao Ming's way either. WHY? Because things of that nature arent said. So shut your trap kid. Or continue to reply expose the DUMBASS for which you are.

The last time a racial slur was used and caused an uproar was soccer.
    And I'm the clueless one, if you think that was the last time a racial slur was used in soccer. And I never say players should brush it off, they just can't make a scene out of it.

Does this mean you concede my point and now agree with me?

I'll have to assume so.
    Last edited by bigkingsfan; 10-27-2006 at 09:22 PM.

And I'm the clueless one, if you think that was the last time a racial slur was used in soccer. And I never say players should brush it off, they just can't a big scene out of it.

Does this mean you concede my point and now agree with me?

I'll have to assume so.
    If athlete are trained to brush off racial slurs then why does soccer have a strict rule about racial slurs?

Who knows what is said in soccer. I dont watch the sport much to make much of an assessment. But I know for a fact basketball, baseball, and football racial slurs arent thrown at players from fans and taken on the chin. And I dont hear of many reports from players that they have been called racial slurs during a game. Tiger Woods was upset Fuzzy Zeller racist comments. Tiger is an athlete and should have been trained right?

Agree with what? You claim that players hear racial slurs all the time and thats FALSE. Aint no one agreeing with shiiit dumbass. Still waiting for incidents where fans have used racial slurs towards players. And players towards one another in bball, football, baseball. They hear racial slurs all the time right? Show it.

they dont have to brush it off, but they cant go in the stands and punch someone. they can go point the guy out and he will get kicked out. if he charges into the stands then he is no better then artest. yes, it sucks. yes the
    racist needs his ass kicked, but mutombo doesnt need to stoop himself to the guys level. all that will happen would be he sues mutombo and deke is gonna have to pay him. i'd rather that money goto dekes hospital.

Good college starter LakersDynasty's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by rezznor
    they dont have to brush it off, but they cant go in the stands and punch someone. they can go point the guy out and he will get kicked out. if he charges into the stands then he is no better then artest. yes, it sucks. yes the
    racist needs his ass kicked, but mutombo doesnt need to stoop himself to the guys level. all that will happen would be he sues mutombo and deke is gonna have to pay him. i'd rather that money goto dekes hospital.
    Co-signed, close thread!

btw GOBB, your wrong about soccer. there is rampant racism in soccer. they were throwing bananas onto the field over the summer during the tournament. there is a huge campaign in soccer now to clean that part of it up. its worse over there then it ever is over here.

Because racism in soccer has gotten out of control, you have crap like bananas on the field, monkey noise when black touch the ball.

Racism exist throughout our life, what makes you think it doesn't exist in sport ? A lot of it goes unnoticed because the media doesn't cover it, (a random quote from an unknown is not news worthy) the only time they do is when a player lash back.