Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    College star

Default Re: This is the 332nd consecutive month with an above-average temperature.

Quote Originally Posted by Kblaze8855
    keep panicking doomsayers. The"its not that big a deal" side is undefeated and will be for quite some time.
    the parts of the world that contribute most to pollution and emissions are on the better end of consequences. But tell that "it's not that big a deal" to people in developing countries of different ecological zones.

Or just think about severe droughts in the American heartland and hurricanes at the atlantic coast. Phenomena that are likely to occur more often due to climate change.

Titles are overrated Kblaze8855's Avatar

Default Re: This is the 332nd consecutive month with an above-average temperature.

Even if they are its an issue of moving the extreme weather not creating something new. Whole lot of panic about where exactly the comfortable parts of the world will be in 1800 years. Time and money wasted trying to stop a ship too big to turn around.

If rather see the millions spent on this research and publicity used to help the people we have. talk to me about an odd weathered future when malaria isnt killing millions right now. Fighting whatever you blame for climate change is a losing battle.

There are people we can actually help now

Snowboarding is my favorite sport. I wait all year. Last year sucked. This is unacceptable to me.

The weather now is much better then it was in the 80's....

all positive's IMO.

Banned

WHAT? The Earth's climate is changing! NO FREAKING WAY! Surely this has never happened before!

It's not just the peak it's the rate. Stop being such an idiot.

   

well... according to a lot of replies in this thread you'd think the OP had said "332 months in a row have been warmer than average because of human activities." AFAIK he didn't.

but whether it's man-made or natural, we still got a growing problem on our hands, no?

Made that high school varsity squad LA Lakers's Avatar

Love how global warming deniars try to say there are two sides to the debate. Uh, not according to scientists, the dudes that actually study the issue. Yeah, polar ice caps are melting and polar bears learning how to swim. Totally normal. Right...

Tell peeps on the east coast going through Sandy that this is all part of the plan...

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by LA Lakers
    Love how global warming deniars try to say there are two sides to the debate. Uh, not according to scientists, the dudes that actually study the issue. Yeah, polar ice caps are melting and polar bears learning how to swim. Totally normal. Right...
    Did you know that the earth has gone through several hundred warming and cooling periods in it's 4.6 billion year old history?

Did you not know that millions of species have gone extinct in the past due to their inability to deal with the natural climate change?

Cool man, how much was a gallon of gasoline 4.6 billion years ago? Shits getting expensive nowadays.

No one on either side is denying the occurrence. The debate lies in the cause.

I hope polar bears are great swimmers since there isnt much land left for them. And as far as our species surviving, something like 98% of the species on this planet are extinct. Dont see what would make us an exception. And hey, nothing like speeding up the extinction process by destroying the planet we live on!

   

I hope polar bears are great swimmers since there isnt much land left for them. And as far as our species surviving, something like 98% of the species on this planet are extinct. Dont see what would make us an exception. And hey, nothing like speeding up the extinction process by destroying the planet we live on!
    in fact we're already in the middle of one of the greatest extinction periods in earth's history.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Holocene_extinction

Quote Originally Posted by gigantes
    well... according to a lot of replies in this thread you'd think the OP had said "332 months in a row have been warmer than average because of human activities." AFAIK he didn't.
    I do believe we are causing increased climate change. As do something like 97% of climate scientists.