Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Default Re: Putting away the myth that Kobe is a better midranger shooter than MJ

Quote Originally Posted by eliteballer
    Way to ignore about a million different variables that go into that, but I see your red rating so it's understandable.
    LOL @ this hating ass n*gga, at least there is some kind of factual proof behind my post, unlike your post which is just built on speculation/perception and hate for MJ.

Samurai Swoosh

Default Re: Putting away the myth that Kobe is a better midranger shooter than MJ

Quote Originally Posted by Young X
    LOL @ this hating ass n*gga, at least there is some kind of factual proof behind my post, unlike your post which is just built on speculation/perception and hate for MJ.
    Don't forget the Laker dildo he sits on while typing on ish.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by NumberSix
    ^You'd think that this was a comment draped in sarcasm and intentional irony, but no, you're actually sincere. Yup. You're THAT stupid.
    I don't think Kobe was a better mid-range shooter. I'm just saying the argument used is invalid.

If MJ's FG% from mid-range is better then he does have a point but it's just overall FG% and TS% which factors in numerous of other variables such as shot selection, finishing ability, etc.

Jordan is the better mid-range shooter, but Kobe is a better pure shooter than Michael.

if i need a 3, i'll still take jordan. dont give a shit if kobe has made more. hes also missed many more.

Quote Originally Posted by DuMa
    if i need a 3, i'll still take jordan. dont give a shit if kobe has made more. hes also missed many more.
    Ray Allen has also missed many more, nice logic

Dont H8 the Laker H8er glidedrxlr22's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Money 23
    Repped!

Quote Originally Posted by Money 23
    Money thinking about d!ck while typing on a basketball forum.

Please contact

Quote Originally Posted by glidedrxlr22
    Repped!
    Negged!

NBA rookie of the year

Kobe's pretty clearly a better midrange shooter, mainly because he's a much better shooter off the dribble.
    No, he's really not. You simply repeating this nonsense in multiple threads doesn't make it true.

Kobe's pretty clearly a better midrange shooter, mainly because he's a much better shooter off the dribble.

I don't get picked last at the park anymore

Quote Originally Posted by lakerspng
    MJ has always been considered a better midrange shooter, which he is.

Kobe has been considered to be a better long range shooter, which he is.
    Incorrect. Kobe and Michael's 3 pt percentages are nearly identical. Kobe is 33.7% for his career, Jordan is at 32.7% for his career.

However, Kobe's 3 pt percentage has declined the past 3 seasons, to barely 30% this past season. Kobe and Jordan will most likely have identical 3 pt percentages by the time Kobe retires.

Quote Originally Posted by westside_baller
    Incorrect. Kobe and Michael's 3 pt percentages are nearly identical. Kobe is 33.7% for his career, Jordan is at 32.7% for his career.

However, Kobe's 3 pt percentage has declined the past 3 seasons, to barely 30% this past season. Kobe and Jordan will most likely have identical 3 pt percentages by the time Kobe retires.
    No FOOL. Jordan's inflated by the short 3 point line. His % with the real line is 29%.

Samurai Swoosh

No FOOL. Jordan's inflated by the short 3 point line. His % with the real line is 29%.
    God, you're dumb. You don't simply take away the percentages from those two season.

MJ got better at shooting from distance every season in the league starting in 1990.

You don't take the inflated percentages, but you give him a mean or median average of what he shot in 1990, 1991, 1992, 1993, and 1998 from distance. Use that for the two seasons in '96 and '97 where he shot from the shortened line, what he would've shot from the normal distance.

Which is only a ruler length closer, and you have the accurate percentage. MJ would've shot around 30 - 33% from the normal three point line.

Much the same as Kobe. There is a difference though, it doesn't mean MJ's as good from 3. Kobe shoots it more, so his percentage dips. Having watched them, Kobe is the superior player from deep. He has better and more consistent range.

With that said MJ is easily the better and more consistent mid range shooter. Eye test folks. No bias either way, just truth.

Quote Originally Posted by lakerspng
    MJ has always been considered a better midrange shooter, which he is.

Kobe has been considered to be a better long range shooter, which he is.
    Yep.

It should be clear that Jordan was the better mid-range shooter and Kobe the better long-range shooter.