Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345

Default Re: ISH Official "Wilt Chamberlain era" GIF thread

Quote Originally Posted by LAZERUSS
    Again...where are your EXAMPLES? And not just ONE, either, but SEVERAL. I can point out single games, series, and playoffs in which EVERY GOAT has crumbled...LEAST of all, Chamberlain.

If Wilt was this "choker" carrying LAST-PLACE rosters to game seven two and one point losses against the greatest dynasty in the history of the sport, and just murdering Russell in the process...

then MJ really CHOKED against the 85-86 Celtics, when despite his 44 ppg average, and playoff record 63 point game, his TEAM was SWEPT. Obviously it was Jordan's fault, right?

GTFO with your pathetic NONSENSE!
    Why do you keep bringing up MJ? I don't excuse him for losing against the Celtics. Yet when he finally had enough help he won 6 out of 6. When Wilt had help, he won only 2. You say Wilt had last place rosters? Really it's always anyone else's fault but Wilt when it comes to your stanning ass. He had help in the 2nd half of his career yet didn't dominate enough. That's your GOAT? He also claimed to have slept with 20000 women...

Get a life lauber, the playoffs is on maybe it would do you good to watch today's players instead of day dreaming about your choking idol.

Quote Originally Posted by Asukal
    Why do you keep bringing up MJ? I don't excuse him for losing against the Celtics. Yet when he finally had enough help he won 6 out of 6. When Wilt had help, he won only 2. You say Wilt had last place rosters? Really it's always anyone else's fault but Wilt when it comes to your stanning ass. He had help in the 2nd half of his career yet didn't dominate enough. That's your GOAT? He also claimed to have slept with 20000 women...

Get a life lauber, the playoffs is on maybe it would do you good to watch today's players instead of day dreaming about your choking idol.
    CHOKING? Again, where are your EXAMPLES? And again, please post his opposing center's numbers (virtually ALL of them were HOFers BTW.)

CHOKING...KAJ, Bird, Kobe, and certainly Hakeem (by YOUR standards.) And yes, MJ could never beat the Celtics and could only beat a fading Piston team one time in four tries (and his numbers declined significantly in those four series BTW.)

Tell me about Wilt's "help" in his '68 EDF's.
    Tell me about how his cast of goofballs performed in '69, and if you include West, give me Baylor's stats, as well. And keep in mind it was Wilt's COACH who had West taking 30 FGAs, Baylor 20 FGAs, and Wilt TEN FGAs in that series (and BTW, Wilt wasn't even on the floor in the last five minutes of the game seven two point loss, in a game in which he wiped Russell all over the floor.)
    Give me his teammates shooting percentages in both game seven of the '69 Finals and game seven of the '70 Finals (BTW, Chamberlain shot .875 and .625 from the field in both of those two games.)
    Tell me again how well West and Baylor played in the '71 playoffs.
    And even when Wilt carried his '72 Lakers to a dominating title, his teammates collectively shot .414 from the floor in the playoffs. Oh, and give me their "first option's" (West's) FG% in that Finals while you are at it.
    And give me his teammates numbers in the '73 Finals, particularly West's.

Go ahead...

CHOKING? Again, where are your EXAMPLES? And again, please post his opposing center's numbers (virtually ALL of them were HOFers BTW.)

CHOKING...KAJ, Bird, Kobe, and certainly Hakeem (by YOUR standards.) And yes, MJ could never beat the Celtics and could only beat a fading Piston team one time in four tries (and his numbers declined significantly in those four series BTW.)

Tell me about how his cast of goofballs performed in '69, and if you include West, give me Baylor's stats, as well. And keep in mind it was Wilt's COACH who had West taking 30 FGAs, Baylor 20 FGAs, and Wilt TEN FGAs in that series (and BTW, Wilt wasn't even on the floor in the last five minutes of the game seven two point loss, in a game in which he wiped Russell all over the floor.)
    Give me his teammates shooting percentages in both game seven of the '69 Finals and game seven of the '70 Finals (BTW, Chamberlain shot .875 and .625 from the field in both of those two games.)
    And even when Wilt carried his '72 Lakers to a dominating title, his teammates collectively shot .414 from the floor in the playoffs. Oh, and give me their "first option's" (West's) FG% in that Finals while you are at it.

Go ahead...
    Stats? It doesn't mean much even if I researched the numbers without actually watching the games. I'm sure you didn't. I can break down a game footage for you if you provide it. Who knows maybe I'll change my mind about your choking idol.

Stats? It doesn't mean much even if I researched the numbers without actually watching the games. I'm sure you didn't. I can break down a game footage for you if you provide it. Who knows maybe I'll change my mind about your choking idol.
    There IS footage of Chamberlain on YouTube. How about his game five of the '72 Finals? With one badly sprained wrist, and the other FRACTURED, he DOMINATED the game, en route to leading his team to a title. 24 points, on 10-14 shooting, with 29 rebounds (the entire NY team had 39 BTW), and 8 blocks.

And the REALITY was, that was FAR from Wilt's best post-season game, or series. A prime Chamberlain was routinely hanging 40 and even 50+ point playoff games. All while crushing his opposing centers on the glass, and dramatically reducing them to worthless shot-jackers from the field.

Go ahead...
    Again Askual...answer the above.

Again Askual...answer the above.
    Answer something you already have the stats to and post an essay? No thanks I ain't doing that coz I'm not you. How bout you bring up complete game footages of your boy and breaking it down play by play?

College superstar

Lazeruss and Asukal

Wow WIlt looks like garbage in all these gifs, I doubt he'd even make it to the NBA in today's era, maybe d-league or China

Quote Originally Posted by jlip
    Lazeruss and Asukal

Answer something you already have the stats to and post an essay? No thanks I ain't doing that coz I'm not you. How bout you bring up complete game footages of your boy and breaking it down play by play?
    Game Five of the '72 Finals is on YouTube in multiple parts. Go ahead and break it down. And, I will tell you this. After you watch it, you will ask yourself, why didn't Wilt score 40 in that game...because he clearly could have. He was unstoppable.

He not only blocked eight shots, he was called for a very questionable goal-tend in which he jumped out of the gym (at age 35, over 300 lbs, and on a surgically repaired knee.)

And he OWNED the glass in that game, as well. Again, 29 rebounds (out of a total of 106 available, and the Knicks only had 39 as a team.)

Game Five of the '72 Finals is on YouTube in multiple parts. Go ahead and break it down. And, I will tell you this. After you watch it, you will ask yourself, why didn't Wilt score 40 in that game...because he clearly could have. He was unstoppable.

He not only blocked eight shots, he was called for a very questionable goal-tend in which he jumped out of the gym (at age 35, over 300 lbs, and on a surgically repaired knee.)

And he OWNED the glass in that game, as well. Again, 29 rebounds (out of a total of 106 available, and the Knicks only had 39 as a team.)
    72 is the year he won, there is nothing to break down because he won it. How bout a series he lost where he had help? 69 had a 4thQ in YT and I saw him sit down while West was busting his ass trying to win the game, in Wilt's free throw attempt he didn't even look like he was trying. To be fair we don't have complete footage so find one and let's see if your boy brought it.

Quote Originally Posted by sd3035
    Wow WIlt looks like garbage in all these gifs, I doubt he'd even make it to the NBA in today's era, maybe d-league or China
    Yeah no way a 7-2 (7-3 in today's NBA), 300 lb, 7-8 wing-span, sprinter and high jump champion, and unquestionably the strongest basketball player of all-time, and with skills that blow away a peak Dwight Howard...would make an NBA team today.

The REAL question would be...would Wilt average a 40-20 in TODAY's NBA, and against arguably the weakest center crop in NBA history?

First Kobe fan on ISH JohnFreeman's Avatar

Joke era, shouldn't be counted.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnFreeman
    Joke era, shouldn't be counted.
    I agree. None of Lebron's and Durant's stats should count.

I hit open 5-foot jumpshots with ease

Post some plays from Wilts era and plays from Lebron, Westbrook, Rose, Kobe, etc. back to back.

It will look like you are watching two different sports.

Great players for their time though.