Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    NBA sixth man of the year Levity's Avatar

Default Re: ESPN Insider Western Conference predictions

Quote Originally Posted by FireDavidKahn
    Not sure why everyone is completely writing off the Wolves. If Roy returns to 85% of what he was then it's very possible.
    as a wolves fan, how do you see roy and rubio pairing together. when his knees were still good, he was a ball dominant sg, who had blake standing in the corner to hit open 3s. With Rubio also being so ball dominant, do you think theyll mesh well together?

Good college starter Rubio2Gasol's Avatar

OK.

So I gather they have Kevin Love leading a team to 50 + wins?

If Rubio was going to be there from day 1...then maybe..but....be serious.

It's Kevin Love.

Nuggets/Avs/Broncos. NuggetsFan's Avatar

Minny too high. Denver probably too high. L.A at 6 and Spurs at 5 feel low to me. That being said this is the Western Conference. Besides L.A and OKC there isn't any locks. I don't think Denver finishes at 3 but if they did I wouldn't be shocked or anything.

Minny at 4 seems high right now but maybe this is the year they finally break out?

They predicated a 2 game separation from 3-6. They didn't even put the Lakers that high above 3.

I won't pretend to predict that last playoff spots. Besides 5-6 teams it's anyone's spot. Wouldn't be surprised to see a team like Golden State if healthy steal that 7-8th seed.

Banned

Dumbest list I've ever seen. I like Minny, but 4th seed is a joke. Nuggets at 3rd is almost just as ridiculous.

Also, no way Suns are at the bottom. They did get rid of Steve Nash and Hill but they gained Goran Dragic, Beasley, and Scola. And they still have Gortat and Morris. The suns have a pretty solid roster. They are definitely better than the Rockets.

Good college starter Rubio2Gasol's Avatar

1. OKC
    2. Spurs
    3. Lakers
    4. Nuggets
    5. Clippers
    6. Minesota
    7.Dallas
    8. GSW.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Rubio2Gasol
    1. OKC
    2. Spurs
    3. Lakers
    4. Nuggets
    5. Clippers
    6. Minesota
    7.Dallas
    8. GSW.

Memphis loses Mayo and fall from 4th seed to completely out of the picture. Wow, he's more of an impact player than I though.

Quote Originally Posted by Levity
    as a wolves fan, how do you see roy and rubio pairing together. when his knees were still good, he was a ball dominant sg, who had blake standing in the corner to hit open 3s. With Rubio also being so ball dominant, do you think theyll mesh well together?
    Roy being ball dominant wont be an issue. Rubio and Roy are both very smart players and they will learn to play together just fine. One of Minny's biggest problems last year was that we had NO wing player aside from our PGs that could handle the ball at all which is why Barea and Ridnour had to play the 2 guard last year.

People also seem to forget that a healthy Rubio + Love + Pek themselves are good enough to be an 8th seed. The Wolves started out 3-7 with Rubio coming off the bench last year and then went out and compiled an 18-13 (47 wins in an 82 game season.) and did this with a supporting cast full of extremely negative players in Beasley, Wesley Johnson, Dorko, Webster.

This off season we've gotten rid of all those negative players and replaced them with much superior players in AK47, Roy, Shved (wildcard but more suited to be a 2 guard then Ridnour or Barea), Chase, Steimsma (his passion for the game and hustle alone makes him better then a constantly lazy and sulking Dorko.) 50 wins is not out of the question at all but getting to that level would require Brandon Roy to play at a high level. Rubio also won't miss anywhere close to 40 games.

3-time NBA All-Star

I'll go

1. OKC
    2. LAL
    3. LAC
    4. San Antonio
    5. Memphis
    6. Denver
    7. Minnesota
    8. Dallas

First round:
    OKC over Dallas
    LAL over Minnesota
    LAC over Denver
    Memphis over San Antonio

Second round:
    OKC over Memphis
    LAL over LAC

WCF
    LAL over OKC

Nuggets/Avs/Broncos. NuggetsFan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BuffaloBill
    Nuggets at 3rd is almost just as ridiculous.
    I don't think they finish 3rd, but I don't get how it's ridiculous. Denver was hit by injuries pretty hard last year. There a team that's only going to improve with Lawson getting another year starting under his belt, McGee developing more, Faried going into his 2nd year. We'll have a full year of Wilson Chandler. Denver gave up the most 3 pointers last year on the best %, who better to improve that than Iggy? Not to mention he's pretty much the ideal fit in a fast paced offense like Denver.

Memphis and L.A won 3 & 2 more games than Denver last year. Gotta think even tho the 66 game season was really condensed playing in a full 82 game season can only be a positive for arguably the deepest team in the league.

Seriously. People need to realize how close the West usually is. Will the Clippers finish higher? Yeah I'd think that's the safe bet. It won't be by anymore than 5-6 games most likely, so a 5 game gap is now "ridiculous"?

3rd seed won 5 more games than the 8th seed last year.

OKC will probably have a better record at the end of the day, but I don't think the gap will be that big between them and the Lakers.

Wolves are right where I said they would be.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by NuggetsFan
    I don't think they finish 3rd, but I don't get how it's ridiculous. Denver was hit by injuries pretty hard last year. There a team that's only going to improve with Lawson getting another year starting under his belt, McGee developing more, Faried going into his 2nd year. We'll have a full year of Wilson Chandler. Denver gave up the most 3 pointers last year on the best %, who better to improve that than Iggy? Not to mention he's pretty much the ideal fit in a fast paced offense like Denver.

Memphis and L.A won 3 & 2 more games than Denver last year. Gotta think even tho the 66 game season was really condensed playing in a full 82 game season can only be a positive for arguably the deepest team in the league.

Seriously. People need to realize how close the West usually is. Will the Clippers finish higher? Yeah I'd think that's the safe bet. It won't be by anymore than 5-6 games most likely, so a 5 game gap is now "ridiculous"?

3rd seed won 5 more games than the 8th seed last year.

The better team almost always finishes with the better record. Even if it's only a 5 game advantage. No way does Denver finish higher than the Lakers, Thunder, Spurs, or Clippers. If they finish end up higher than the 5-6 seed, then I'll admit that I was wrong.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Did Lebron get traded to Minnesota? 16 game jumps don't just happen without adding a significant piece.

Banned

54 wins for kobe/nash/howard/pau/metta/jamison/hill/meeks/blake/ebanks??????

closer to 60 and we got a deal

LOL@ insider.... people pay for this?

Banned

does espn insider realise the lakers last year even without a bench or a pg or howard had a win% of 62%

yet theyre predicting with all their mega all time greatest starting 5 and other upgrades... the lakers will only increase to a 65% win%

thats what 54 wins is out of 82

LOL