Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Dunking on everybody in the park

Default Re: Ranking each season of LeBron from best to worst

Quote Originally Posted by I LUV KOBE
    All his season are worst..
    Someone please ban this kid for life, he wants kobe's dick to choke him to death

2010 LeBron looked so effortless. It seemed like he didn't even have to try and he could still tear up and dominate any team on any given night.

I think a lot of LeBron's spirit died after Game 4 of the Celtics series though when Rondo had the amazing game. He probably lost all hope on his team and decided that he was going to leave in the off-season.

7-time NBA All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by Indian guy
    Let's not forget that LeBron sat out the last 4 games of the season after Cleveland clinched the #1 seed. They lost all 4. We are looking at another 65-win season otherwise.
    Yeah, but he also set out the last game of the regular season along with Mo Williams and Z, so Cleveland were without their top 3 players and lost to the Sixers on the day last by 1 in OT at home.

If not, they most likely end the season 67-15 and 40-1 at home(which would have tied the '86 Celtics for best home record).

And they also outscored opponents by 8.9 ppg, which was best in the league, compared to '10 when they outscored opponents by 6.5 ppg.

Remember Lebron sitting out all of those 4th quarters in '09 due to blowouts? Those lowered his minutes a bit, and probably more than per minute projections suggest because he'd have the ball in his hands a higher percent of the time in the 4th quarter and down the stretch compared to the rest of the game.

Otherwise, we're probably looking at a 30/8/8 season.

But yeah, his team accomplishments are remarkable in '10 as well. If he doesn't sit out the last 4-5, he probably does win 64-65 games since they lost by 1 to Chicago, lost by 3 to Indiana(without Mo or Jamison either), lost by 6 to Orlando and lost by 16 to Atlanta(without Mo and with Jamison only playing 17 minuytes.

As I said, i don't see a real difference between '09 and '10 regular season or his ability and level of play.

Quote Originally Posted by ShaqAttack3234
    Yeah, but he also set out the last game of the regular season along with Mo Williams and Z, so Cleveland were without their top 3 players and lost to the Sixers on the day last by 1 in OT at home.

If not, they most likely end the season 67-15 and 40-1 at home(which would have tied the '86 Celtics for best home record).

And they also outscored opponents by 8.9 ppg, which was best in the league, compared to '10 when they outscored opponents by 6.5 ppg.

Remember Lebron sitting out all of those 4th quarters in '09 due to blowouts? Those lowered his minutes a bit, and probably more than per minute projections suggest because he'd have the ball in his hands a higher percent of the time in the 4th quarter and down the stretch compared to the rest of the game.

Otherwise, we're probably looking at a 30/8/8 season.

But yeah, his team accomplishments are remarkable in '10 as well. If he doesn't sit out the last 4-5, he probably does win 64-65 games since they lost by 1 to Chicago, lost by 3 to Indiana(without Mo or Jamison either), lost by 6 to Orlando and lost by 16 to Atlanta(without Mo and with Jamison only playing 17 minuytes.

As I said, i don't see a real difference between '09 and '10 regular season or his ability and level of play.
    Do you still uploads game onto Youtube? lol I haven't been able to find your channel.

Curry: 0x Finals MVP SilkkTheShocker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by StateOfMind12
    Do you think either '06 or '08 Lebron could get to the finals though like '11 LeBron could? '11 LeBron got his team to the Finals with his killer and wet jump shot that season while LeBron was a pretty inconsistent shooter those two seasons.

I'm not sure if Lebron was good enough defensively either to contain Rose in the ECF in '06 or '08 like he was capable of doing in '11.

I feel like a lot of people are selling '11 LeBron short.
    11 Lebron was beast the 1st 3 rounds and the best shooting version of Lebron he have seen yet. But the added weight made him less agile. 06 and 08 Lebron would have had a much easier time getting through the Mavs zone imo. It kind of goes both ways. Would 06 and 08 Lebron have been able to get though the East in 2011? Probably not. But I think if you replaced 11 Lebron with 06 or 08 Lebron, they win the Finals.

Curry: 0x Finals MVP SilkkTheShocker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tinseltime17
    2010 LeBron looked so effortless. It seemed like he didn't even have to try and he could still tear up and dominate any team on any given night.

I think a lot of LeBron's spirit died after Game 4 of the Celtics series though when Rondo had the amazing game. He probably lost all hope on his team and decided that he was going to leave in the off-season.

I think Lebron's spirit took a serious hit after the 09 ECF. But yea, that game 4 didn't help either. Mo Williams got torched that whole damn series.

Banned

I posted this in another thread. I thought I should copy and paste and add it here as well.

I would go with '12 LeBron but it's not a big deal if someone believes '09 Lebron or '10 Lebron was better but I personally believe Lebron was better than ever last season.

I think Lebron plays more like a forward these days whereas in Cleveland he pretty much played like an oversized guard with unparallel athleticism.

This was why everybody questioned how long LeBron could play at a high level due to his reliant on athleticism and how much his play was going to be impacted with age.

I think with the way Miami Lebron plays, he will be fine with age because he doesn't depend on his athleticism as much anymore. He uses everything to his advantage these days, his versatility to defend 1-4 positions and play 1-4 positions, his strength and size in the post-up game, etc.

His jump shot for the most part is essentially the same as it was in '09 and '10 except that in 2012 he is much better in the mid-range specifically the high to low post area.

His passing is pretty much the same although he isn't used as much of a playmaker in Miami anymore due to the fact that he plays in the post more often but he does pass out of the post very well these days.

His defense has improved magnificently. While Lebron was an elite and a great defender in his last two seasons in Cleveland he was never really worthy or close to the DPOY award like he is currently and the way he was in 2012. I also don't think that LBJ in Cleveland was capable of guarding 1-4 positions either. I think he might have been able to guard 1-3 but I just think Lebron could guard the 4s and 5s in Miami now probably due to being a smarter defender and being a bit stronger and bulkier.

His rebounding has improved as well. He boxes out more for rebounds, he goes after the rebounds more, and he also scores more off of tip-ins and put-backs. I like the fact that he increased his activity/hustle level and used it as an advantage.

I think the only thing '09 and '10 LeBron did better than '12 LeBron is isolation. He was just a little more quicker and explosive back then and could create his own shot a little better but he can still create his own shot just fine. I don't think it's enough to put over '12 LeBron's improvement in defense, post-game, rebounding, etc. though.

I think a lot of the fact that he doesn't attack and slash to the basket as much as he use to has to do with the fact that he less space to work with Wade out there. I always see LeBron playing like vintage '09 and '10 LeBron offensively and putting up '09 and '10 LeBron numbers when Wade is on the bench out or not playing at all.

It is why I think the Heat should trade Wade but that deal would never be done.

Like I said, Lebron may be slightly less athletic but he is pretty much better at every aspect now than he was in 2009 and 2010. There is no question Lebron was more important to those Cavs team than he was to those Heat teams but this has a lot do with the fact that he had no help in Cleveland whereas he does have help in Miami. It has nothing to do with Lebron being better or worse.

I would rank LeBron's like this

2011-12 Lebron
    2009-10 Lebron
    2008-09 Lebron

I think that Miami LeBron is like a hybrid between Pippen and Karl Malone whereas Cleveland LeBron was like a hybrid between Pippen and Dwyane Wade. Pippen has always been Lebron's main prototype.

National High School Star Nevaeh's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ripthekik
    Prior to 2012, he was a stat machine. He'll score tons of points, grab tons of rebounds, and dish off a lot of assist..... only to choke every year in the playoffs

This year he had Wade and Bosh.. they might have been why he didn't choke, but at least he didn't, I'll give him credit for that.

So

everything else

Agreed. Plus I liked the fact that 12 LBJ didn't lean so heavily on the 3-point shot, basically bailing his opponents out defensively. His understanding of the game this past season was really "Lebron Perfected" IMO.

(Sorry I had missed this Thread earlier State Of Mind, based off the "LBJ at 27" Thread).

High School Varsity 6th Man The Real JW's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Legends66NBA7
    2008-2009
    2011-2012
    2009-2010
    This.

'09 > '12 > '10 when it come to individual performance. I think 2009 was far and away LeBron's best.

Banned

I would rank it like this among regular season and post-season

Regular Season
    1. 2009-2010
    2. 2008-2009
    3. 2011-2012

Post-Season
    1. 2011-2012
    2. 2008-2009
    3. 2009-2010

I think his best regular season was clearly 2009-2010. His credibility of that season gets taken away though because of his last 2 games against Boston in that post-season which I believe is unfair because he was dominant all season. I thought LeBron was just a better player in 2010 than he was in 2009. Lebron had the luxury of playing against Orlando in the 2009 playoffs whereas he had to play against Boston in the 2010 playoffs and there is a difference between those two teams specifically those two defenses.

Only reason why both 2009 and 2010 are ahead of 2012 for regular season is due to their record though.

09-10
    08-09
    11-12
    07-08
    05-06
    10-11
    06-07
    04-05
    03-04

Samurai Swoosh

From Accomplishments Perspective:

1) 2012
    2) 2009
    3) 2007
    4) 2011
    5) 2008
    6) 2010
    7) 2006
    8) 2005
    9) 2004

From Game / Ability Perspective:

1) 2010
    2) 2009
    3) 2012
    4) 2008
    5) 2011
    6) 2006
    7) 2007
    8) 2005
    9) 2004

Quote Originally Posted by Money 23
    From Accomplishments Perspective:

1) 2012
    2) 2009
    3) 2007
    4) 2011
    5) 2008
    6) 2010
    7) 2006
    8) 2005
    9) 2004

From Game / Ability Perspective:

1) 2010
    2) 2009
    3) 2012
    4) 2008
    5) 2011
    6) 2006
    7) 2007
    8) 2005
    9) 2004
    I just don't see the case for 10' or 09' Lebron over current Lebron. He had better stats, but that's because he played an entirely different role, a role much more conducive to accruing stats.

09' and 10' Lebron had a visibly quicker first step, but current Lebron has a much better post game, is a much better off the ball player, is a better shooter, and is a much better defender.

Statistics measure a player's ability to perform his role more-so than they do his ability.

Samurai Swoosh

Quote Originally Posted by DatAsh
    09' and 10' Lebron had a visibly quicker first step, but current Lebron has a much better post game, is a much better off the ball player, is a better shooter, and is a much better defender.
    He's also a better defender since joining Miami due to the same context you hold against him for '09 and '10 having better stats offensively. He had tremendous amounts of help in Miami offensively, that allows him to spend more energy on defense.

LeBron still mostly plays on the perimeter. He has a slightly better post game, it's still nothing to be insanely proud of ... and he's a marginally better off the ball player. If you're playing PG on the perimeter, I will take the more athletic, quicker, explosive 2009 and 2010 model of LeBron.

For much of 2012, LeBron scored seemingly the majority of his points in transition. 2009 and 2010 LeBron could score better in the half court. He's regained some of his quickness, but 2012 and even more so 2011 LeBron were really slow off the dribble.

I'm not saying 2009 and 2010 LeBron are better in terms of ability due to stats, I'm talking from the eye test. I feel his physical abilities in those seasons allow him to play better at his more natural game of play making point guard.

Given he has Wade and Bosh on his team, two elite ISO players ... I still don't feel he plays off the ball as much, or good enough as he should. He still dominates possessions with the ball in his hands. Which in turns minimizes Wade's effectiveness, since they are similar players. If that's the case, then give me 2009 and 2010 LeBron. 2013 LeBron has more of the traits of 2009 and 2010 LeBron than 2012 and 2011 did. He looks quicker off the first step this year than he has in sometime. He's looked good ever since that game 6 in Boston.

Quote Originally Posted by Money 23
    He's also a better defender since joining Miami due to the same context you hold against him for '09 and '10 having better stats offensively. He had tremendous amounts of help in Miami offensively, that allows him to spend more energy on defense.
    That's true.

LeBron still mostly plays on the perimeter. He has a slightly better post game, it's still nothing to be insanely proud of ... and he's a marginally better off the ball player. If you're playing PG on the perimeter, I will take the more athletic, quicker, explosive 2009 and 2010 model of LeBron.
    He's not just a slightly better post player and off ball player, he's much better at both aspects. Hell, he's probably 3-4x the off ball player he was in Cleveland. It's almost like he didn't even know how to play off the ball when he first arrived in Miami; he kinda just stood off in the corner.

He's also a better shooter now than he ever was before.

For much of 2012, LeBron scored seemingly the majority of his points in transition.
    That's simply not true. In fact, the 09' and 10' Cavs actually averaged more transition points per game than the 12' or 13' Heat, for which Lebron was probably even a bigger contributor, seeing as how he didn't have to share the transition points with Wade.

2009 and 2010 LeBron could score better in the half court.
    In the role he was playing, yes. 09' or 10' Lebron wouldn't be as good of scorer on the current Miami Heat though as he doesn't have the off ball ability at all, and he can't play the post the way they rely on current Lebron to.

He's regained some of his quickness, but 2012 and even more so 2011 LeBron were really slow off the dribble.
    He seemed a lot slower in 2011 than he did 2012.

I'm not saying 2009 and 2010 LeBron are better in terms of ability due to stats, I'm talking from the eye test. I feel his physical abilities in those seasons allow him to play better at his more natural game of play making point guard.
    The eye test can be equally as deceiving - if not more-so - if context isn't taken into account. People always neglect role when it comes to judging player statistics and the implications they have on player ability; it's a big reason why people think Wade's dropped off a lot more than he actually has.

Given he has Wade and Bosh on his team, two elite ISO players ... I still don't feel he plays off the ball as much, or good enough as he should. He still dominates possessions with the ball in his hands.
    I agree, but he doesn't just stand there and do nothing off the ball or dominate 90% of the shot clock like he did in Cleveland.

Which in turns minimizes Wade's effectiveness, since they are similar players. If that's the case, then give me 2009 and 2010 LeBron.
    Agreed, but again, Cavs Lebron would minimize Wade even more.

2013 LeBron has more of the traits of 2009 and 2010 LeBron than 2012 and 2011 did. He looks quicker off the first step this year than he has in sometime. He's looked good ever since that game 6 in Boston.
    I can somewhat see that. I think this is his best year so far.
    Last edited by DatAsh; 02-04-2013 at 11:59 PM.