LeBron

Default Re: Rank Kobe, Lebron, Melo, Durant offensively

Not taking playmaking into consideration i would have to say

1. Durant
    2. Melo

3. Kobe
    4. Lebron

Kobe has absolutly no weakness at all, dude can even split a double team and get a better look than Lebron.

Melo will just punish you on the post with his overwhelming strengh closest to Kobe as far as arsenal goes.

Durant has a lethal shot, but ge still lacks foot work and post moves and im not roo sure how well he candles double teams, what makes gim successfull is his height, he can get a shot off on most players.

Lebron is nice but not on the level of the top rhree

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Brick Rick
    The ability to set others up, pass the ball, get assists and make your teammates better has more weight than any single criteria there. It's not like they're all equally worth a point and you add them up and whoever has the most wins you Kobe Stan.
    Ok....let's add those criteria that you mentioned, no particular order:

Set others up: Kobe and Lebron
    Pass the ball: Kobe and Lebron
    Assists: Kobe and Lebron

Make teammates better: Kobe and <insert name> ...... a lot of players had career years with Kobe...Pau, Odom, Fisher and Drew. Melo, nope. Durant, he has Westbrook and he is just as responsible as Durant. Lebron, Wade and Bosh aren't as good as they once were with their own teams.

Kobe still gets the edge.

Quote Originally Posted by G-Funk
    Kobe has absolutly no weakness at all, dude can even split a double team and get a better look than Lebron.

Melo will just punish you on the post with his overwhelming strengh closest to Kobe as far as arsenal goes.

Durant has a lethal shot, but ge still lacks foot work and post moves and im not roo sure how well he candles double teams, what makes gim successfull is his height, he can get a shot off on most players.

Lebron is nice but not on the level of the top rhree
    Durant gets double teamed on pretty much any shot that isnt a catch and shoot/curl. You complement Melo on how good he is in the post when the reality is he is shooting better outside than he is inside. And shooting worse inside compared to the other 3.
    Last edited by PyrrhusX; 12-13-2012 at 02:29 AM.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Fudge's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 9erempiree
    Ok....let's add those criteria that you mentioned, no particular order:

Set others up: Kobe and Lebron
    Pass the ball: Kobe and Lebron
    Assists: Kobe and Lebron

Make teammates better: Kobe and <insert name> ...... a lot of players had career years with Kobe...Pau, Odom, Fisher and Drew. Melo, nope. Durant, he has Westbrook and he is just as responsible as Durant. Lebron, Wade and Bosh aren't as good as they once were with their own teams.

Kobe still gets the edge.
    I'm sorry but

SAY NO TO RENT SEEKING

Quote Originally Posted by Fudge
    I'm sorry but
    We've all seen a great sample of that with Nash out.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Fudge
    I'm sorry but
    Thanks for the informative response. It really shows that your list is legit.

Anyways, you should laugh at yourself because out of the 4 players...Lebron and Kobe lead in assists.

There's a reason why I'm one of the most highly respected posters on here.

We should add another criteria, significance of offense corresponding to wins.

I don't get picked last at the park anymore

Quote Originally Posted by Brick Rick
    The ability to set others up, pass the ball, get assists and make your teammates better has more weight than any single criteria there. It's not like they're all equally worth a point and you add them up and whoever has the most wins you Kobe Stan.

Agreed. The title should be rank them in terms of SCORING, not offensively. If you take offense as a whole then I'd say Lebron and Durant are at the top. Lebron is by far the best of the four at playmaking and setting up his teammates, and playmaking is much more important than any of the other categories. Durant is better than all of the other three at free throw shooting and three point shooting. Mid-range is close with him and Kobe, I can't say who's better. Durant and Lebron are the best slashing, with Carmelo close behind. Kobe takes the post-up category handily.

Overall, I'd say Durant is the best scorer by a good margin. In terms of total OFFENSIVE ability, I'll give it to both Lebron and Durant. It's too close to call.

Quote Originally Posted by 9erempiree

There's a reason why I'm one of the most highly respected posters on here.

Banned

Also, Kobe and Durant's teammate, Westbrook and Howard are leaders in the league in scoring.

Bosh and Wade, teammates of Lebron, fall below Kobe and Durant's teammates.

Lebron shouldn't be mentioned as getting teammates better. I gave him the nod but I may have to change it.

I'm practically destroying posters on here.

ISH = Too Easy.

NBA sixth man of the year Micku's Avatar

I guess I would just discuss the weakness of them all.

Durant:

Mid-range

It's actually the weakness this year in terms of shooting. His 16-3pt ft area has been off. He has been shooting 38.7% there. While not bad, it hasn't been up to par to his other years. But his game tonight will change that. Either way, he virtually can hit anywhere from the floor.

Strength and post

His post game has improved from what I saw. But he takes a bunch of fadeaways from the post. He is not exactly strongest SF, and ppl who get physical on him could throw him off a bit. However, I think I read he is the most efficient in the post out of all of them. I guess the weakness is really strength of backing people down?

Everything else is great though. He is the most efficient scorer out of the bunch. Durant is also the best off the ball movement out of the bunch. His playmaking has improved.

Kobe:

Athleticism

He is weakness out of the bunch. He makes up for that by his shot selection and his mid-range game. He is also surprisingly having a career high at finishing at the rim with 69% which is probably why he is so efficient this year. Percentage wise, he is better at it than Durant.

Off ball movement

It is a bit off too. While in the past it isn't bad, but he perfers to do isos and take his man off the dribble than actually do catch and shoot or set himself up int he post. This has to do with the offensive change. But he always been that type of player that take his man off the dribble and iso. It seems like he needs the ball to be effective.

But really his only weakness is his athleticism. He has the best mid-range out of the group.

Carmelo:

Finisher

He sucks. In his career he has never been a great finisher, but this year he is shooting a career low at 53%. If he improves this area, he would be more efficient.

Overall, he has been shooting a career high with his mid-range game and long shooting. He is a natural born scorer, but I think he is overrated when ppl call him the best scorer in the game. But if he finish at the rim, then he would virtually have no weakness because he is the best jumpshooter out of the bunch this year. He also have the weakness playmaking ability out of the bunch.

LeBron

Mid range

He is streaky and it kind'a sucks this year so far. His 16-3pt ft is only 36.6%. His 10-15 ft is only 38.1% Combination, it's not good. But his 3pt shot is great, go figure.

Off the ball

While he has improved a bit, his game just relies him to have the ball to be effective. He is the weakest out of the bunch.

He is by far the best finisher out of all of them. He is shooting 79.2% at the rim. He is the best at the open court, and the most athletic. His playmaking ability is the best of the them all too.

There are other weakness that you can probably mention about them too. But these players are the best scorers. If you want talk about offensive players, then the combination of scoring/playmaking ability and anything that will help the team would be more important. LeBron and Durant probably will be the best at it.
    Last edited by Micku; 12-13-2012 at 03:05 AM.