Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Default Re: How old were you when you first dunked?

Quote Originally Posted by NumberSix
    12 or 13.
    No way I can't believe you can dunk. You have way more posts than me and I've been here for awhile.

Im 7'0 black guy with 7'7 wingspan and I cant dunk or cant even touch the ring.. Dunno what's wrong with me?
    What's wrong with you is that you are a liar.

Quote Originally Posted by plowking
    Yeah, I just remember seeing Wade having a 35.5 inch vertical at the draft, and when I was 17/18 years old and dunking at my best, I was wondering why I can't get up and dunk as easily as he could, seeing as we are the same height (him being maybe an inch taller). I completely forgot to factor in that he had a 6'11 wingspan, compared to my 6'2 or 6'3 wingspan...

Saying that though, I just went back and watched the 93 dunk contest. I could do every dunk Miner did to win that thing apart from the 360 windmill at the end, which he didn't even need to win the thing...
    Isn't it abnormal for your wingspan to be equal to your height? I thought every human had a wingspan significantly greater than their height.

Quote Originally Posted by Bandito
    No way I can't believe you can dunk. You have way more posts than me and I've been here for awhile.
    What does one have to do with the other?

NBA Superstar

Isn't it abnormal for your wingspan to be equal to your height? I thought every human had a wingspan significantly greater than their height.
    Hmm, I did not know that. I just took a look at my measurements. My wingspan was recorded as 74 inches (6 feet 2 inches) and my standing reach is 95 inches (7 feet 11 inches). My barefoot height is just about 6'3''. So, this is pretty much me....

Really? Surely you've seen this before...

I'm the same Rake. Slightly shorter, but I mean 6'2 wingspan is still longer than average by a fair bit.

Quote Originally Posted by plowking
    Really? Surely you've seen this before...

I'm the same Rake. Slightly shorter, but I mean 6'2 wingspan is still longer than average by a fair bit.
    Before you lend too much credibility to davinci, take a look at some more pics about what he thought the human was like. Particularly what he thought of organs. Very primitive and uninformed.

Before you lend too much credibility to davinci, take a look at some more pics about what he thought the human was like. Particularly what he thought of organs. Very primitive and uninformed.
    LOL, I know what you're talking about, but in this case, hes very much close to correct. You'll find slightly shorter, and slightly longer, but the average usually equates close to same as height.

I have a pretty good wingspan. Never measured, but I have long arms. Man, if only I could palm the ball. That makes a WORLD of difference when it comes to dunking.

Quote Originally Posted by KungFuJoe
    I have a pretty good wingspan. Never measured, but I have long arms. Man, if only I could palm the ball. That makes a WORLD of difference when it comes to dunking.
    Yep, big difference. One thing that annoyed me is that I had to cuff the ball while windmilling, where as my bro could palm it.

Clipper Nation Soldier Clippersfan86's Avatar

Average human has close to same wingspan as their height. I'm 5'11 and have a 6'1 wingspan for example.

never a '10 (only 5'11) with hops but on a '8 and i think a '9 inch on my friends adjustable rim at around 15

NBA rookie of the year

Quote Originally Posted by SourPatchKids
    Your so full of shit it's ridiculous.
    Haha, little asian SourPatchDick is mad..
    I played for Sweden's U15 national team and I have played in the swedish basketball league and it's not weird that a 13-14 year old can dunk when he's 6'3..

By the way, is your bro still virgin?

One foot or two? I definitely prefer two...I get higher and feel more "in control". One is useful on fast breaks when you have someone trailing you.

Quote Originally Posted by millwad
    Haha, little asian SourPatchDick is mad..
    I played for Sweden's U15 national team and I have played in the swedish basketball league and it's not weird that a 13-14 year old can dunk when he's 6'3..

By the way, is your bro still virgin?
    If you're 6'3 and your weight is still low like a 14 year old, it would be pretty easy to dunk actually.

NBA Superstar

I agree it makes a big difference, but I've learned to embrace my inability to palm a rock over the years. I like it because it forces my dunks to be a little more powerful because it takes an unified arm motion for me to slam as opposed to placing it on a palmed pedestal and dunking with a slight wrist motion.

One foot or two? I definitely prefer two...I get higher and feel more "in control". One is useful on fast breaks when you have someone trailing you.
    In-game, my dunks come off one foot 90-95% of the time. When just fooling around outside of games, I think I've most enjoyed dunking off two lately. I just don't get a lot of opportunities in games where leaping off two makes a ton of sense for me. It's a lot easier for me to sprint at full speed and rise in one motion, as opposed to randomly trying to set both feet.
    Last edited by Rake2204; 11-20-2012 at 02:02 AM.