Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Default Re: Have you ever been on fire?

Quote Originally Posted by TylerOO
    How'd it go?

The game was cancelled because it rained. We just practiced inside an indoor gym (Rent).

5-time NBA All-Star

Before my balls dropped, and I shot from my hip, I dropped 22-23 random jumpshooting (obviously not in a game)

Won most free throw contests

Won most 3 point contests

Dropped like 10 out of 11 of the points against guys 5-6 years older in a league

in middle school.

Afterwards... let's just say Rondo could take me in a shootout

Last summer I scored a season high 23 points.

Home of the 16

I haven't played ball in a long ass time, a year, maybe? Been busy. But, damn, I didn't think I would perform as well as I thought. They didn't really play tough D, but when they did -- I bodied them down low. I thought I'd make stupid mistakes, but no, I dished out beautiful passes. I thought I'd look goofy, but no, my instincts kicked in.

It was one of those things where you'd pull off a certain move but your body doesn't react to it or doesn't want to do it (not ready for the move anymore/yet). I guess that's what they call ring rust in basketball. Holy shit, I never really felt that before until today. You try to pull off a certain move, but you just can't, it's like you forgot how to do it but you know you can do it. I'm not talking about a certain specific move to name, but, you know you did it before, it just hasn't kicked in, it felt awkward. Sorry for repeating it over and over again, I just had to express myself. Lol

I don't know if this is common, but I lost a step with my underhand layup, I didn't know when to takeoff. AHAHHAHA f*ck that was a mess.
    Last edited by $LakerGold; 07-27-2015 at 06:05 PM.

Yes once I was playing 21 with my friends and I hit two consecutive shots. It was amazing.

Quote Originally Posted by TylerOO
    Earlier this summer

Big dude who looked like Terry Crews running his mouth all game. Wasn't very good but he was just so much bigger than they dude covering him so he got all the ****ing rebounds and shit. Miss a shot, rebound, miss a shot, rebound, then score, that type of guy. We lost the game.

Ran that shit back right fast. Game to 15.

I hit my first 3 top of the arc. Then another from the wing.

Whenever I hit two in a row, Im pulling up next play from 3 feet behind the line, IDGAF. I hit it. 3 in a row, nothing special for me to be honest. Score is 6 to something, I dont remember what they had but it was probably like 2. Im in the zone brahs. I rebound, Im not passing until I miss . From 5 feet behind the line... BANG. Score is 8-something. We get a stop and my boy scores a layup. 9-something.

They score, lets say 9-4. I bring the ball up, pull up and you guessed it...BANG! 11-4 and Im ****ing 5-5 from 3. Last few not no ****ing Mario Chalmers spot up 3's, these are straight Kobe/LeBron heat checks. Im feeling like a god.

Now the opposing team starts yelling at eachother to "play some ****ing D!". Dude guarding me is saying how Im pulling up from so far, that there's really nothing he can do.

Next play Im bringing the ball up and cross half court. I just sprint towards my right and hit a fading 3. Think of Kobe's gamewinner vs the Suns but from 3.

Im playing the best I've ever played in my life. BANG BANG. I seriously felt like LeBron ****ing James.

We got 13 points, they got something like 5 or 6. They miss a 3, I grab that ****ing rebound. Im in full out god mode and Im just thinking about pulling the biggest heat check of my life

I take a step inside half court and just pull up, why not Im ****ing 6-6 and scorching hot. Felt like I'm in some other world.

Well from one step inside half court, retarded ass shot, but BANGGGG. I hit it!

GAME. Terry Crews is real quiet. Now his teammates all start yelling at eachother. A couple of my boys was on they team, saying how "Tyler's a problem!" LMAO

Probably the best game of my life.

After a game like, you'd better have fvked every bitch within a 10 mile radius.

Yeah, being a shooter and having dudes at my park call me Reggie because they will never remember my real name

I have hit some amazing shots coming off screens with a dude draped all over me. But it still pisses me off that they call me Reggie, a man I hated all my youth because of his rivalry with the Knicks.

5-time NBA All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by imdaman99
    Yeah, being a shooter and having dudes at my park call me Reggie because they will never remember my real name

I have hit some amazing shots coming off screens with a dude draped all over me. But it still pisses me off that they call me Reggie, a man I hated all my youth because of his rivalry with the Knicks.
    Word?

I strongly disliked him just because the combination of his alien female face, cockiness, unpleasant first name, skinny boniness, and elbowing on screens formed an abomination from a grotesque hell-like Hick state called Indiana.

That and being a Ray Allen stan.

The people at the courts ought to call you Stephen now.

rank sentamentalist

ray allen is a bum. i've finally begun to admire his rigid mechanical flick but it ain't beautiful. klay thompson is the exact same.

gimme kobe for the contortion and flaring of his body any day. or so many others. gerald green has a nice jumper. dermarr derozen does if he's moving in just the right direction at just the right angle with just enough room. plus i like unconventional shots like pierce and zbo and steve nash. i used to have good imitations of antoine walker and allen iverson

hedo turkoglu

5-time NBA All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by RidonKs
    ray allen is a bum. i've finally begun to admire his rigid mechanical flick but it ain't beautiful. klay thompson is the exact same.

gimme kobe for the contortion and flaring of his body any day. or so many others. gerald green has a nice jumper. dermarr derozen does if he's moving in just the right direction at just the right angle with just enough room. plus i like unconventional shots like pierce and zbo and steve nash. i used to have good imitations of antoine walker and allen iverson

hedo turkoglu

lulz only reason I like him is cuz He Got Game and my alma mater bruh. same with Rip Hamilton the cardio bunny, and Rudy Gay.

now that we've evolved from silly tribal stuff let's give due credit to

JJ REDICK for the loveliness of his form

And Hedo has to be releasing from nearly 8.5 feet above the ground. Unreal. with even more arc. A block on him should be worth 3

Tomorrow I am going to school this cats.

Quote Originally Posted by JEFFERSON MONEY
    Word?

I strongly disliked him just because the combination of his alien female face, cockiness, unpleasant first name, skinny boniness, and elbowing on screens formed an abomination from a grotesque hell-like Hick state called Indiana.

That and being a Ray Allen stan.

The people at the courts ought to call you Stephen now.
    LOL not to mention his flopping and flailing his legs in attempts to draw fouls. I don't even play like him, it's just a nickname some stupid kids gave me after they saw me hit a buncha unguardable 3s

I do play a lot more like Curry since I can create a shot and pass. But alas, the nick is never going away

If I play 3 games or more then I will be on fire for one of them... And probably terrible for one of them. Law of averages

BEAST

scored 40 pts and followed by a 50 pts performance the following week in a rec league.

either i was on fire or i was just being me

One of the Goodfellas NBAplayoffs2001's Avatar

Went 7/8 for 3s in a game once in my freshman year of college. Dropped 21 points in a 25 point game setting. Shortest dude on the court too by at least 3-4 inches (5'9''). Baller status