Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
    NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Myth's Avatar

Default Re: F*ck you, Pelicans are Awesome: A Defense of the NBA's Best New Team Name

Quote Originally Posted by rodman91
    I think it's one of the best. Easy to remember and say..also basketball related.
    Maybe New Orleans should just change their name to "Balls" then by that take.

Default Re: F*ck you, Pelicans are Awesome: A Defense of the NBA's Best New Team Name

I love the name.

Nice...

Local High School Star Nero Tulip's Avatar

Great article, and the video at the end is ****ing epic.

The Magical T-Mac HardwoodLegend's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RobertdeMeijer
    A friend of mine suggested:
    New Orleans Voodoo

I like it, but I wonder if voodoo is too evil/politically incorrect for some people.
    That is probably the most badass suggestion I've heard (I like Looters too). It may offend some, but they should have taken the chance to stir some controversy.

make a Voodoo logo.......

Quote Originally Posted by jl1718
    Never understood why Memphis kept the Grizzlies name. Perfect name for them is the Blues. Phoenix is AKA valley of the sun. Cavaliers I assume is based on Ohio's french roots.
    That's horrible. Do you know what that would do to team mentality if they are known as the "Blues."

That's like calling a team the "Gloomies" or "Losers."

Should of named it the "Titantic," y'know for the time the city literally sunk during Katrina.

Quote Originally Posted by IamRAMBO24
    That's horrible. Do you know what that would do to team mentality if they are known as the "Blues."

That's like calling a team the "Gloomies" or "Losers."
    Doesn't seem to affect the St. Louis Blues in the NHL. I'd like them to be called the Memphis Blue Notes though just to give a little distinction.

Quote Originally Posted by tomtucker
    make a Voodoo logo.......
    I'm not skilled with graphics, but it could be something similar to this clock or medicine man.

How about the "Walmart Looters" (Katrina) or the "Inbreds" (y'know to represent the Cajun south).

Quote Originally Posted by WolfGang
    Only tourist use the word "Crayfish." Down here we call them shits crawfish.
    I know.....I typed in Crawfish first and got a red spell check and changed it I haven't even heard any other tourist use CRAY in the 20 years I've been going there....lol. I have a big basket of boiled crawfish in the morning along with a bloody mary after drinking all night

Quote Originally Posted by madmax17
    They should really play Assassins Creed III, I fear it's the only way kids will learn some (distorted) history
    Isn't it sad.....true, but sad

Quote Originally Posted by RobertdeMeijer
    A friend of mine suggested:
    New Orleans Voodoo

I like it, but I wonder if voodoo is too evil/politically incorrect for some people.
    Voodoo is actually one of the best names....but yeah, it's not P.C.
    Mascot would be awesome!!!!

I say the "Flippers" to represent the only job they can get after hurricane Katrina: flipping burgers.