Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    NBA Legend and Hall of Famer tpols's Avatar

Default Re: Time Of Possession Stats For Players

Quote Originally Posted by NBASTATMAN
    Luca Doncic is at 5.9 minutes a game this season while Lebron is at 6.3 minutes a game.. I guess that is a bad thing.. You know letting the guy that makes the best decisions with the ball handle the ball the most..

By the way HARDEN isnt the pg and his time of poss is way higher than Bron's..

ALL YOUR ARGUMENTS ARE BEING EXPOSED.. KEEP MOVING THE GOAL POSTS but I still shit on your theories.

yea and guess what...? the current mavs have a 25th team assist rank.

Look at team assist ranks for this year.

It is skewed by all the top contenders being the best assist teams, and of course the dominant #1 favorite being the best assist team.

And historically teams needed a great combination of teamwork and talent to be dynasties ala '00s spurs, '00s lakers, 90s bulls, 90s rockets, 80s celtics, 80s lakers, and beyond.

3-time NBA All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by Matppak
    Good job at looking at stats and not using context. Lebron had a avg season for a "goat" player in 16 because he was dominating the ball less so as we keep telling you lebron stans ofc we he gets on the ball more in 17 18 19 his stats go up to.. almost like he has to dominate the ball to put up numbers.. Curry avgd 30ppg 6 last and 5rebs shooting 50 40 90 lebron put up some of his career lowest 25 30% from 3 below career ast and avg career rebounds.

Durant's Mvp season he avgd 68 touches a game and 3.9 top will lebron avgd 77 touches and 5.5 top and he put up better numbers than lebron with limited interference to the flow of the offense.

Kyrie may have a longer TOP than lebron but Lebron always has had more touches a game. If you ever watched those Cavs teams the offense was lebron brings up the ball tries to A shot B drive or C pass for a 3 off a screen or drive and kick so when that wasn't open or the offense hadn't worked the ball would get dumped to kyrie with 7 secs left on the shot clock to try and make something from nothing.

3BALL WITH HIS ALT ACCOUNT. ... Now its touches no longer time of poss.. Keep moving the GOAL POSTS , Lebron is still top three all time..

3-time NBA All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by tpols

I told you all they would keep moving the GOAL POSTS..

yikes

Lebron ball activisites doing backflips trying to make sense of this

Tpols auditioning for the circus with all the hoops he's jumping through

This only reinforces my utter disdain for low efficiency shoot first PG's who are overly animated in disingenuous/unecessary/suspicious ways. I would like to cross reference with # of siblings, # of parents, and IQ.

Not airballing my layups anymore

3BALL WITH HIS ALT ACCOUNT. ... Now its touches no longer time of poss.. Keep moving the GOAL POSTS , Lebron is still top three all time..
    Yea I'm not 3ball. i guess just more people understand basketball. Using All stats context and wins isn't moving the goal post its using logic. Instead of lebron stans looking at 1 stat then ignoring everything else then using another stat to contradict what they said before. Good job not even being able to come up with a solid rebuttal what's next YOUR JUST A HATER....

3-time NBA All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by Matppak
    Yea I'm not 3ball. i guess just more people understand basketball. Using All stats context and wins isn't moving the goal post its using logic. Instead of lebron stans looking at 1 stat then ignoring everything else then using another stat to contradict what they said before. Good job not even being able to come up with a solid rebuttal what's next YOUR JUST A HATER....

DUDE YOU HAVE 54 POSTS.. I know you' re an ALT.. So go hide in your basement ..
    Last edited by NBASTATMAN; 02-14-2019 at 10:49 PM.

yea and guess what...? the current mavs have a 25th team assist rank.

It is skewed by all the top contenders being the best assist teams, and of course the dominant #1 favorite being the best assist team.

And historically teams needed a great combination of teamwork and talent to be dynasties ala '00s spurs, '00s lakers, 90s bulls, 90s rockets, 80s celtics, 80s lakers, and beyond.
    Not just assist numbers though you can look at passes made stats back to 14 and see lebron teams and anywhere from 40 to 100 less passes than league leaders and the teams that win most

DUDE YOU HAVE 54 POSTS.. I know your an ALT.. So go hide in your basement ..
    Sorry my house doesn't have a basement. You ever think someone could have just signed up to the forum? Or does having more than 1 person with legitimate arguments that destroy yours trigger you so bad that you think it has to be the same person?

i dont think you understand that lebron plays SF... he is the largest non-PG time of possession player in the league many years. and that matters because it means all his teams are iso teams... like the '11 heat with everyone in their primes having a 26th team assist rank. They never reach peak teamwork.
    Believe it or not but I'll rather watch better ball movement and motion offense etc but this shit works for Lebron's and Harden's (btw not a natural PG) teams etc.
    If their teams always ranked outside top 8 in ORTG, then yes that low team assist idea might hold water but it's not.
    Lebron with Kyrie was ALWAYS top 3 in ORTG,
    while Harden's teams are also way up there, even with 3ball's top 75 ORTG.
    Even in the Finals when Lebron's teams lost, their ORTG were high.
    If you look at the link, Lebron only ranked 57th in average seconds per touch at 4.55 seconds this link go as far as 2013 so it reveals Kobe held the ball LONGER at 4.83 seconds.
    BTW Kobe had averaged 5.9 mins time of possesion as compared to Lebron's 5.5 mins. but but but that's Kobe, right?
    http://https://stats.nba.com/players..._OF_POSS&dir=1

3-time NBA All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by tamaraw08
    Believe it or not but I'll rather watch better ball movement and motion offense etc but this shit works for Lebron's and Harden's (btw not a natural PG) teams etc.
    If their teams always ranked outside top 8 in ORTG, then yes that low team assist idea might hold water but it's not.
    Lebron with Kyrie was ALWAYS top 3 in ORTG,
    while Harden's teams are also way up there, even with 3ball's top 75 ORTG.
    Even in the Finals when Lebron's teams lost, their ORTG were high.
    If you look at the link, Lebron only ranked 57th in average seconds per touch at 4.55 seconds this link go as far as 2013 so it reveals Kobe held the ball LONGER at 4.83 seconds.
    BTW Kobe had averaged 4.9 mins time of possesion as compared to Lebron's 5.5 mins. but but but that's Kobe, right?
    http://https://stats.nba.com/players..._OF_POSS&dir=1

where 3 ball at ? They will try to move the GOAL POSTS.. BUT BRON STILL TOP 3

where 3 ball at ? They will try to move the GOAL POSTS.. BUT BRON STILL TOP 3
    It's amazing how 3ball can come up with the craziest rebuttal esp when I mentioned that Lebron's teams in the finals actually have a higher ORTG than MJ's teams, he said, well... aheemm, GSW sucked on defense. The team that ranked high on defense, comprised of KD, Klay,Green, Iggy etc etc.

3-time NBA All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by tamaraw08
    It's amazing how 3ball can come up with the craziest rebuttal esp when I mentioned that Lebron's teams in the finals actually have a higher ORTG than MJ's teams, he said, well... aheemm, GSW sucked on defense. The team that ranked high on defense, comprised of KD, Klay,Green, Iggy etc etc.

Dude is full of shit.. Cuz I shitted on him all day today..

He bought up time of possession

Lebron 2018 finals: 11.5
    #

Single handedly lost that series for Cleveland. No team will ever win with one guy just holding the ball for the first 20 shot clock seconds.

Quote Originally Posted by Gileraracer
    Lebron 2018 finals: 11.5
    #

Single handedly lost that series for Cleveland. No team will ever win with one guy just holding the ball for the first 20 shot clock seconds.
    If this is true (11.5 seconds out of 24), it is just a shame...

It was either him getting the basket/points, or assist.

This fvcking "point forward" concept.