Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    I don't get picked last at the park anymore

Default Re: Mark Cuban suggests that Lakers consider using amnesty on Kobe Bryant

Even Cuban admits that he wouldn't do the same with Mavericks star Dirk Nowitzki.

"I've made that commitment to him over the years, and he's returned that commitment," Cuban said.
    so basically he's trolling

NBA sixth man of the year Levity's Avatar

Default Re: Mark Cuban suggests that Lakers consider using amnesty on Kobe Bryant

its a good thing lakers mgmt doesnt give a fvck what Cuban thinks.

A lot of ya'll should read the article first, then respond...

Serious playground baller shortsoptional's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ZMonkey11
    This.

That's why i posted the quotes in hopes of eliminating dumb responses.

this guy got it right. He's not saying they should do it, he's saying its an option.

No. This is ISH. We read the thread title, post a reply and check the thread every minute hoping someone quoted us in a positive way. That makes us feel good and validated.

To be fair, the title is pretty much the same content as the article. Except, the title is a bit more blunt than what Cuban actually said, hypothetical or not.

Local High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by b0bab0i
    How much is Laker's total Salary right now?

Max is suppose to be $58 Million? Kobe's salary is $31 million. Hes taking over 50%.
    Kobe: $27,849,149
    D12: $19,536,360
    Gasoft: $19,000,000

Lakers are already 9+ million over the cap with just 3 players.

League salary cap is 58 million. When the new luxury tax kicks in, every dollar above 70 million will be tripled. If the Lakers kept their current 100 million payroll, they'd be on the hook for 58 + 24 + 90 = 172 million dollars.

Unless all 3 guys take pay cuts, Lakers won't be able to improve in the offseason because D12 and Gasol's trade values are at all-time lows.

Quote Originally Posted by greymatter
    Kobe: $27,849,149
    D12: $19,536,360
    Gasoft: $19,000,000

Lakers are already 9+ million over the cap with just 3 players.

League salary cap is 58 million. When the new luxury tax kicks in, every dollar above 70 million will be tripled. If the Lakers kept their current 100 million payroll, they'd be on the hook for 58 + 24 + 90 = 172 million dollars.

Unless all 3 guys take pay cuts, Lakers won't be able to improve in the offseason because D12 and Gasol's trade values are at all-time lows.
    all true, and thats a hell of a luxury tax, even for LA. but by the trade deadline, gasols value should be pretty high again, considering he becomes a $20 million expirerer.

It's not the worst idea ever but they wont' do it. What might happen is Lakers giving away Pau Gasol "for free" to an under the cap team. I think that is realistic.

You guys have to realize that the luxury tax penalties starting next season are BEYOND ridiculous. It's absolutely insane. Even Knicks and Lakers are going to try to avoid them.

I love to see Randy Orton RKO this clown again.

Mark Cuban is probably the last guy I'm calling looking for GM advice.

Depending how this season pans out, I'd say at least think about it.

Serious playground baller shortsoptional's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Derka
    Mark Cuban is probably the last guy I'm calling looking for GM advice.
    That's probably a good thing since he's not the GM.

Quote Originally Posted by bdreason
    I've said for the last couple years that the Lakers won't be able to rebuild a contender until Kobe's contract comes off the books. It's not that Kobe isn't a great player, it's just that he isn't worth 40-50% of a teams cap space anymore.
    What's your point? Amnestying Kobe Bryant would do absolutely nothing for the rebuilding process.