Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst 123456714 ... LastLast
    Love Live Life

Default Re: Nba 2k15

Just seen some NBA Live gameplay and I'm not even gonna lie it looks rather good.

The passes look crisp like they got some heat on them and the player movement looks very fluid.

Only bad thing I see so far is the player builds look small.

Also I really don't care about intros in 2k. I'm all about improved gameplay.

Hopefully Live don't suck so 2k can have some competition to force them to continue to improve.

Banned

NBA 2K15 introduces face scan technology, similar to EA's Gameface..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5S0zH4Z57mY
    Last edited by Shade8780; 09-17-2014 at 01:44 PM.

Default Re: NBA 2K15 info and discussion

"NBA 2K15" is angling for a slam dunk with an innovative new way to put players in the game.

The developers of the interactive basketball franchise are adding the option for gamers to digitally graft lifelike 3D renditions of their faces onto virtual players in the series' latest installment, set for Oct. 7. The process uses the camera for either the PlayStation 4 or Xbox One game consoles to create faces for wannabe Kobe Bryants and Kevin Durants.

-- AP

with God-given ass JimmyMcAdocious's Avatar

Do you need a kinect for that? Pretty cool idea and I would love if games would start adding unnecessary features that use the kinect so I don't have that thing collecting dust.

Still fluff like the intros. Fix your mistakes and improve the gameplay. kthx

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by insidehoops
    "NBA 2K15" is angling for a slam dunk with an innovative new way to put players in the game.

The developers of the interactive basketball franchise are adding the option for gamers to digitally graft lifelike 3D renditions of their faces onto virtual players in the series' latest installment, set for Oct. 7. The process uses the camera for either the PlayStation 4 or Xbox One game consoles to create faces for wannabe Kobe Bryants and Kevin Durants.

-- AP
    I remember EA used to have something like that, except you load a picture of your face online, then you go on your game and you can download it to the game and it does a digital version of your face. It actually worked pretty well too.

NBA Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by JimmyMcAdocious
    Do you need a kinect for that? Pretty cool idea and I would love if games would start adding unnecessary features that use the kinect so I don't have that thing collecting dust.

Still fluff like the intros. Fix your mistakes and improve the gameplay. kthx
    Yes, it utilizes the Kinect. Here's a demo of how it works: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6eAkgVC3moo

I think it will be interesting to see how seamless such technology is for the vast majority of gamers. The face can be sculpted after the fact, but it remains to be seen how much sculpting (and with what amount of skill) is necessary to make it look authentic, not to mention the availability of matching skin tones and legitimate haircuts. I assumed their create-a-player information release could answer a number of those questions.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Rondooooooooooo
    I remember EA used to have something like that, except you load a picture of your face online, then you go on your game and you can download it to the game and it does a digital version of your face. It actually worked pretty well too.
    EA's was actually pretty terrible tbh UFC didn't even properly use it, they just compared it to the closest looking face and hairstyle that's in the game, and then you couldn't even edit anything on the head. On FIFA it was okay, and Madden it was bad again.

2K's looks really good though, and you can still edit the beard, hair, and face...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kZrhKM2bu8A

Love Live Life

That face thing is nice and all but I really don't want to pay for the cam on PS4.

I got the kinect by default on the X1 but I'm getting 2k15 for the PS4.

I'm subscribed to a youtuber that went to the 2k15 Team up event to test the game out. Here's a link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KjzR...iYze-RIFmM9DRQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wkcn...mM9DRQ&index=2

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Shade8780
    EA's was actually pretty terrible tbh UFC didn't even properly use it, they just compared it to the closest looking face and hairstyle that's in the game, and then you couldn't even edit anything on the head. On FIFA it was okay, and Madden it was bad again.

2K's looks really good though, and you can still edit the beard, hair, and face...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kZrhKM2bu8A
    Yea I did it on fifa and it wasn't bad, pretty cool concept to me though, and a lot better than buying the cam

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m5tK...ure=youtu.be&a

Chris Smoove with a video showing the opening scene for 2K15 My Career. If you can't/don't want to watch the video, basically we now start off undrafted, fighting for 10 day contracts around January time in-game. No more rookie showcase or any of that stuff. Guessing it'll be easier to go to a team you really want instead of the almost pot luck with the draft, but that's just me guessing. Sounds pretty cool that they're trying something a little different, though I'll personally miss waiting for your name to be called during the draft.

Quote Originally Posted by ukballer
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m5tK...ure=youtu.be&a

Chris Smoove with a video showing the opening scene for 2K15 My Career. If you can't/don't want to watch the video, basically we now start off undrafted, fighting for 10 day contracts around January time in-game. No more rookie showcase or any of that stuff. Guessing it'll be easier to go to a team you really want instead of the almost pot luck with the draft, but that's just me guessing. Sounds pretty cool that they're trying something a little different, though I'll personally miss waiting for your name to be called during the draft.
    Not going to watch the video cause I think that will spoil it but I don't like this idea off the bat. People were asking for draft combines, D-League, etc. Basically a more extensive version of what we have/had but instead they're not going to give us any of that, take away what we already had in the showcase/draft and are going to take away half of our rookie season?

Oh well, I'll have to wait until I try it before I really knock it I guess but I don't like how it sounds.

with God-given ass JimmyMcAdocious's Avatar

I would prefer an option or just a better overall system (probably, obviously haven't tried it yet). I never liked the fact that you pretty much had to be a lottery pick talent, tho, I don't want to go the Ben Wallace route every time, either.

I feel NCAA Football did this type of game mode the best. Granted, last time I played NCAA Football was around 2012, or maybe 2011.

Started in high school, scholarship was determined by stats + success of those... (I forget) 5 or so games you played in high school, depending on how far you got in the playoffs. Naturally the difficulty would increase by game. Then the depth chart was dependent on who was in front of you. All of this would be known before you chose your school. Some schools would offer you a starting position, others you had to work up through practice from the 3rd string.

Other than the practice mode being able to be abused to get to the #1 spot in the depth chart, it had the best combination of a sense of achievement, work, and progression that I've played between My Player, the Madden equivalent, and Road to Glory (NCAA Football).

Love Live Life

I don't know how I feel about not being drafted. I think they should have like a mini NCAA tourney and then that determines how high you get drafted. There's no NCAA games out so that might bring in more buyers.

Banned

Evolution of Freelance Offense with Da_Czar

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lCuEO_yEmzU

2K15 looks night and day from 2K14. I hardly called a play in 2K14 because of how often the play would just stop and I'd be stuck in an iso. Even freelance offense in 2K15 looks so much better than an actual play in 2K14. Can't wait to get my hands on this.

Local High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. I'm So Rad
    I want to be excited, but I know how 2K are the masters of hype and don't want to be disappointed. I like the players coming back wearing sleeves and whatnot though. I also like the idea of having career-ending injuries (not to sound sadistic). I just they don't go overboard with them.
    Career-ending injuries are stupid. How often does a player have a career ending injury? Maybe one or two players in a decade.

This is like wanting to have Tsunami or Earthquake in a GTA game. Yes, it will be cool as hell but it isn't realistic.