Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Default Re: Official trade rumors thread

Quote Originally Posted by bladefd
    Wow, yes you might be right. I can definitely see that happening in real-time. It does work on O because of the shooters we have. Nash is one of the top 5 greatest shooters in NBA history, Artest is shooting really well, got couple other good shooters off bench.

Nash does fit better in catch-and-shoot role and Kobe fits better in Nash's role because he isnt as great of a shooter as Nash. He still is almost as good of a passer and has similar court-vision to a degree. Kobe just never had to play this role before so he still has to figure out the right balance to make it work consistently. I don't know if it can work for whole season though
    It's pretty obvious that the Lakers biggest problem is their defense but another thing that really bothers me is that Kobe and Metta shoots TOO MANY 3 pt attempts per game and that is NOT their strength. Don't have the numbers right now but it seemed to me they are shooting a combine 20% from that area the past 25 games or so...

NBA lottery pick

Quote Originally Posted by tamaraw08
    What makes you think that Dwight will resign with the Lakers?
    I've been saying there's a good chance he resigns too. The Lakers can give him the biggest contract of anybody. Think about the teams with cap space. There's Dallas, Detroit, Atlanta, Charlotte, Utah, Houston, and Washington. The Pistons wouldn't want him, they've got a front line. Dallas & Houston might make a run at him but I don't see why he would go there instead of the Lakers. The other teams just don't make sense.

There's also a sign & trade, but somebody help me out with how the new CBA works. Didn't that all change with the whole Lebron decision somehow so players couldn't work over the organizations like Lebron did? I still think he would lose quite a bit of money if he wanted to go that route. So basically it would have to be to a team with the cap space, which doesn't make sense. Or it could be to a team like Brooklyn, but the Lakers would have to agree to the trade. If they don't then Dwight doesn't have much power because they don't have the space to sign him.

So really to me it looks like making things work in LA is the best option for him. The organization will surround him with people to make him successful and they can pay him the most money. For a guy who is battling an injury getting an extra year on a contract could mean quite a bit to him. Even if he doesn't like 'antoni it's not like 'antoni is going to make it through his contract. He'll be fired next season if the Lakers aren't performing like they should be.

Learning to shoot layups andredpg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dd24
    I've been saying there's a good chance he resigns too. The Lakers can give him the biggest contract of anybody. Think about the teams with cap space. There's Dallas, Detroit, Atlanta, Charlotte, Utah, Houston, and Washington. The Pistons wouldn't want him, they've got a front line. Dallas & Houston might make a run at him but I don't see why he would go there instead of the Lakers. The other teams just don't make sense.

There's also a sign & trade, but somebody help me out with how the new CBA works. Didn't that all change with the whole Lebron decision somehow so players couldn't work over the organizations like Lebron did? I still think he would lose quite a bit of money if he wanted to go that route. So basically it would have to be to a team with the cap space, which doesn't make sense. Or it could be to a team like Brooklyn, but the Lakers would have to agree to the trade. If they don't then Dwight doesn't have much power because they don't have the space to sign him.

So really to me it looks like making things work in LA is the best option for him. The organization will surround him with people to make him successful and they can pay him the most money. For a guy who is battling an injury getting an extra year on a contract could mean quite a bit to him. Even if he doesn't like 'antoni it's not like 'antoni is going to make it through his contract. He'll be fired next season if the Lakers aren't performing like they should be.
    It looks like houston is the biggest thread to LA. Altough it is hard to imagine Dwight leaving 30 mio (or so) on the table, to join them...
    What i would expect, is that Dwight eventually goes with a max extension and makes a sort of "gentlemens agreement" with Kupchak - if things are still not working well in 2013/14 season, he will be traded smwhere.
    That makes sense for both sides - LA will gain some time to make things work (maybe change a coach?), DH will get his max money with a option to "request a trade".

NBA lottery pick

Quote Originally Posted by andredpg
    It looks like houston is the biggest thread to LA. Altough it is hard to imagine Dwight leaving 30 mio (or so) on the table, to join them...
    What i would expect, is that Dwight eventually goes with a max extension and makes a sort of "gentlemens agreement" with Kupchak - if things are still not working well in 2013/14 season, he will be traded smwhere.
    That makes sense for both sides - LA will gain some time to make things work (maybe change a coach?), DH will get his max money with a option to "request a trade".
    That actually makes way more sense and sounds reasonable. Lock him up and if it doesn't work next season then you trade him.

NBA lottery pick

I just heard Kupchak on the Herd on EPSN radio. It really doesn't sound like Dwight is going anywhere. He said Dwight is for sure the future of the Lakers. It sounds like he really wants to keep Dwight around long term and it seems like Dwight is probably going to stay. It even sounded like that over keeping Kobe past the end of his contract. He basically did say that Kobe and Dwight aren't getting along. He really paused when asked about trading Pau, but he basically said Pau won't be traded because he's injured and he's not getting inquiries about him. He was late to his interview which should've been at 9:15 am because another GM called him inquiring about Dwight, but Kupchak told him no. I don't see any scenario where Dwight gets traded and it really doesn't sound like the Lakers will make any move at all.

I just heard Kupchak on the Herd on EPSN radio. It really doesn't sound like Dwight is going anywhere. He said Dwight is for sure the future of the Lakers. It sounds like he really wants to keep Dwight around long term and it seems like Dwight is probably going to stay. It even sounded like that over keeping Kobe past the end of his contract. He basically did say that Kobe and Dwight aren't getting along. He really paused when asked about trading Pau, but he basically said Pau won't be traded because he's injured and he's not getting inquiries about him. He was late to his interview which should've been at 9:15 am because another GM called him inquiring about Dwight, but Kupchak told him no. I don't see any scenario where Dwight gets traded and it really doesn't sound like the Lakers will make any move at all.
    I normally don't try to read into things BUT........why the hell would you be late for an interview because someone called about a player you say you are definitely not going to trade? That should be a 10 second conversation right?

Quote Originally Posted by tamaraw08
    It's pretty obvious that the Lakers biggest problem is their defense but another thing that really bothers me is that Kobe and Metta shoots TOO MANY 3 pt attempts per game and that is NOT their strength. Don't have the numbers right now but it seemed to me they are shooting a combine 20% from that area the past 25 games or so...
    The team philosophy is to jack a ton of 3's, that's what they are told to do.
    You are 100% right that it makes no sense at all and is frustrating......but hey, they have to do what they are told to do.

NBA lottery pick

Quote Originally Posted by DKLaker
    I normally don't try to read into things BUT........why the hell would you be late for an interview because someone called about a player you say you are definitely not going to trade? That should be a 10 second conversation right?
    It's not like he was 20 minutes late. It had to have been a few minute conversation.

It's not like he was 20 minutes late. It had to have been a few minute conversation.
    Wasn't he 15 minutes late?

NBA lottery pick

Quote Originally Posted by DKLaker
    Wasn't he 15 minutes late?
    I'm not sure if it was quite that. There was also some other talking and a commercial in there too I believe. Maybe they talked about more than Dwight.