Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Default Re: Myth: Derrick Rose is an elite POINT guard ( He is an undersized SG like Wade)

I disagree and think you are a fool who knows nothing about roundball.

Default Re: Myth: Derrick Rose is an elite POINT guard ( He is an undersized SG like Wade)

i think your basing alot from just 1 game. and who is rose supposed to pick and roll with? warrick?

Quote Originally Posted by artificial
    All this conclusions from watching ONE f*cking game.

Amazing.

Rose is an All Star but not an Elite player. That would be Deron Williams

I actually do agree with this. Watching Derrick Rose, he is a score-first type of player. I am not a fan of his court vision, or playmaking style at all. He has no jumper, and he seems to rely on his physical attributes like speed and athleticism, rather than skill and court sense. I haven't watched much of Mayo, so I can't comment on him, but that's my personal opinion of Rose. I am definitely biased towards pass-first PGs because I kind of am one myself, and my favorite players (Nash, Mark Price, Stockton, Cousy) were all of that mold as well.

I wish ppl would stop and think before they post.

VDN TELLS Rose to shoot and ignore his teammates because they can't score.

Westbrook looks like he can pass much better than Rose because he's passing the ball to the leagues best scorer in Durant.

Rose+Durant=9 assists a game for Rose at least.

Rose's shooting guards this year are shooting sub 40% for most of the year why don't people get that?

Decent college freshman eeeeeebro's Avatar

Watch the all star game.. you'll see rose not wanting to take a shot because of all the Bigs. then when the team missed a few shots in a row he took it in his hands to score. Bosh got like 3 assists from rose in 1 quarter cause rose simply broke down defense and dished it to someone who could score. Right now the bulls have nobody but rose and injured deng. Miller can play good but not 48 minutes thats why memphis won. Miller is sporting age and cannot compete 48 minutes we need help in C that is noah's injured ass.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkSephiroth
    I actually do agree with this. Watching Derrick Rose, he is a score-first type of player. I am not a fan of his court vision, or playmaking style at all. He has no jumper, and he seems to rely on his physical attributes like speed and athleticism, rather than skill and court sense. I haven't watched much of Mayo, so I can't comment on him, but that's my personal opinion of Rose. I am definitely biased towards pass-first PGs because I kind of am one myself, and my favorite players (Nash, Mark Price, Stockton, Cousy) were all of that mold as well.
    Rose isn't a score first.
    He does have a jumper. The only person in the entire league that has taken more midrange jumpers is Dirk.
    And he is a play maker.
    Really, where is this shit coming from?

Local High School Star lukekarts's Avatar

I agree with most of this.

Rose is not built in the mould of the typical point guard - his vision, creativity and passing is just average. That's not to disrespect his game - he's a good scorer and a great player - but if the Bulls want to get more out of their supporting cast they need a more natural point guard to do it. Or they just need someone like Bosh or Boozer.

Banned

derrick rose has no one to pass except 4 deng like forsure mayo can get assist bcause he is playing wit better talent
    GAY, ZBO, GASOL >DENG KIRK NOAH
    which 1 would u rather play wit

Why is everyone talking shit about this guy's post? It was a decent post.. i can see what he's talking about in the problems in the pick and roll game as well as his passing ability but those things could also greatly improve over time.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueandGold
    Why is everyone talking shit about this guy's post? It was a decent post.. i can see what he's talking about in the problems in the pick and roll game as well as his passing ability but those things could also greatly improve over time.
    Except the Bulls don't play the pick and roll. They use heavy isolation and the high screen which forces the ball into the bigs hands.

The Holy Trinity

Yes, Rose is a true SG or scoring guard or if you prefer, combo guard. Wade is actually much more of a point than Rose is, even though he's not a true point guard either. I still think could Wade open up a whole new dynamic the Heat if he would accept that he's the Heat's PG. Instead of looking to bring in a floor general in the off-season to get the ball to Wade, the Heat could try to acquire a deadly marksman to play the two for Wade to dish off to....

But, anyway, this thread is about Rose. Despite the fact that he's not a PG, I have to admit the kid has converted me. I was a big Rose skeptic. I don't see ever seeing him being a top five player, but top ten is definitely in his future.

People think making risky passes and high assist totals=good passer but that's not always the case.

Quote Originally Posted by jrong
    Yes, Rose is a true SG or scoring guard or if you prefer, combo guard. Wade is actually much more of a point than Rose is, even though he's not a true point guard either. I still think could Wade open up a whole new dynamic the Heat if he would accept that he's the Heat's PG. Instead of looking to bring in a floor general in the off-season to get the ball to Wade, the Heat could try to acquire a deadly marksman to play the two for Wade to dish off to....

But, anyway, this thread is about Rose. Despite the fact that he's not a PG, I have to admit the kid has converted me. I was a big Rose skeptic. I don't see ever seeing him being a top five player, but top ten is definitely in his future.
    Wade is a shooting guard and putting the ball in his hands that much will shorten his career. He'd benefit from having a venerable PG next to him.