Lad

Default Why are NBA coaches so bad compared to other sports?

There's probably only one good coach: Popovich. And even he has his faults.

I thought Carlisle was great, but i now realize that it was basically Nowitzki who carried him to the title. He hasnt done anything since that. Doc Rivers nothing without good players etc.

Belichick 11-5 with Matt Cassell as QB. Compare that to how Spoelstra and Brooks did after losing their best player.

In football you have Mourinho, Guardiola, Ancelotti performing every year and in big games despite injuries to their best players.

Inb4 the different sports argument. It's much more easier to coach a basketball team it is to coach a football team. It's a more simple game.

Default Re: Why are NBA coaches so bad compared to other sports?

Quote Originally Posted by RagaZ

I thought Carlisle was great, but i now realize that it was basically Nowitzki who carried him to the title. He hasnt done anything since that. Doc Rivers nothing without good players etc.

Belichick 11-5 with Matt Cassell as QB. Compare that to how Spoelstra and Brooks did after losing their best player.

In football you have Mourinho, Guardiola, Ancelotti performing every year and in big games despite injuries to their best players.

Inb4 the different sports argument. It's much more easier to coach a basketball team it is to coach a football team. It's a more simple game.

Pop is better than everyone you named

NBA Legend

Nominated for the "Worst threads I've seen on ISH" award.

National High School Star sick_brah07's Avatar

this is the shittest thread this year

Seahawks coach costed em a championship this season

As a basketball scholar I can tell you with absolute certainty that you a f*cking f*gg*t.

If you have any further inquries you can reach out to me at basketballscholar@scholarhood.net

Best regards,

red1

Belichick went 36-44 in Cleveland, went 5-11 his first year in New England, then started 0-2 his second season before Brady took over for an injured Bledsoe.

He deserves some props for going 11-5 in '08, but that was a team that was a play away from an undefeated season the year before, so it's not like that team was lacking in talent

Banned

Shit thread. But one legit point is why do mid to low level teams keep hiring the same names who've failed in the past? There's such a culture of hiring the people based off them being a known commodity (even if it isn't great) rather than having the balls to hire someone new.

NBA coaching has improved over the last few seasons by a large margin IMO.

Stevens, Budenholzer, Kerr, Joerger, Hornacek and Snyder have appeared in the last couple of years for example and have showed promise.

Just seems like there are far less dud coaches out there and more promising ones.

I rule the local playground OnFire's Avatar

I agree. To me, teams are finally giving new blood a try and it is paying off for them.

They're not. Either the OP doesn't follow the NFL and MLB at all, or is just posting a clickbait thread for shits and giggles.

You must not watch baseball. Life-long baseball fan here...MLB managers are terrible. It's only been improving the last 10 years.

with God-given ass JimmyMcAdocious's Avatar

According to the fans of the sport and most teams, practically every coach is incapable of doing their job.

Quote Originally Posted by Pushxx
    You must not watch baseball. Life-long baseball fan here...MLB managers are terrible. It's only been improving the last 10 years.

YEah, why the hell would you watch baseball

I mean, going to a game in real life with friends is a good time. But watching a baseball game on TV? Would rather watch D League.

Banned

There's probably only one good coach: Popovich.
    Stopped reading here