Default Embiid vs. Towns/Okafor

How will they rate against each other their rookie season? Long term?

embiid
    towns
    Okafor

Are Towns/Okafor on the same level as prospects as pre injury Embiid was?

College star

Default Re: Embiid vs. Towns/Okafor

Embiid comes off way too childish to take seriously i mean its his rookie year and he had weight and coaching issues beore getting on the floor

Decent playground baller

I just hope Embiid stays healthy, because he is going to kill the Rookie class of next year.

And it's great that there are other bigs to compare him too.

Banned

I'd tale Embiid over both

Better player and comedian.

Towns is in the same level.

Okafor will be the bust of this draft.

Local High School Star wakencdukest's Avatar

Embiid has already shown to have durability issues. If it's just a fluke, he will probably be the best player of the 3. He has plenty of low post moves, has a decent mid range shot, and is a better defender than Towns or Okafor.

Local High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Cartman
    I'd tale Embiid over both

Better player and comedian.

Towns is in the same level.

Okafor will be the bust of this draft.
    I agree. I think he'll have the least impressive career out of Okafor/Towns/Russell/Mudiay.

Okafor seemingly lacks passion for the game, lacks athleticism, plays no defense, can't shoot, and lacks a decent motor. I just don't see him dominating at the pro level.

Quote Originally Posted by BigNBAfan
    Embiid comes off way too childish to take seriously i mean its his rookie year and he had weight and coaching issues beore getting on the floor
    False on both accounts.

The Paterfamilias RedBlackAttack's Avatar

Embiid is a far better prospect than either of those guys prior to his injury. I'm not sure people understand just how big and long Embiid is/was. You see how impactful Whiteside is almost solely based on his size/athleticism.

Embiid is the same kind of freak, but his skill level projects to be off the charts if his rapid growth as a player maintains the trajectory prior to his injury.

Whiteside's standing reach is 9'5"... Embiid's is 9'5.5".

And, he's doing things like this... as a teenager.

...and he hasn't even been playing basketball long. He just has a natural, innate sense for the game that I'm not sure you can teach. Not saying that those other guys don't have some of that too, but Joel seems to have been born with an insane feel for basketball.

Embiid's ceiling is significantly higher than either Towns or Okafor. But, those damn injuries...

Local High School Star LilEddyCurry's Avatar

Embiid's ceiling is Hakeem... There is your answer.

Not airballing my layups anymore

Embiid and it's not even close. But like RBA said, injures can ruin everything.

Give me Embiid. If he stays healthy he's going to be monstrous. His combination of size, athleticism, and skill is off the charts. I expect him to have a really good rookie year.

Quote Originally Posted by RedBlackAttack
    Embiid is a far better prospect than either of those guys prior to his injury. I'm not sure people understand just how big and long Embiid is/was. You see how impactful Whiteside is almost solely based on his size/athleticism.

Embiid is the same kind of freak, but his skill level projects to be off the charts if his rapid growth as a player maintains the trajectory prior to his injury.

Whiteside's standing reach is 9'5"... Embiid's is 9'5.5".

And, he's doing things like this... as a teenager.

...and he hasn't even been playing basketball long. He just has a natural, innate sense for the game that I'm not sure you can teach. Not saying that those other guys don't have some of that too, but Joel seems to have been born with an insane feel for basketball.

Embiid's ceiling is significantly higher than either Towns or Okafor. But, those damn injuries...

I'm not too worried about the injuries. He hasn't had a setback so far. There were similar concerns about Noel's ability to withstand the rigors of the NBA, and he has played like 75 of the 82 games. A week ago his foot landed on the foot of an opposing defender, and that ended his season with a sprain. Other than that he has been durable.

Hopefully the year off Embiid has enjoyed will strengthen him for a long career being dominant in Philly.

5-time NBA All-Star

Embiid is a notch above both of them. He's better offensively than Oak44 and better defensively than Towns. He's better fundamentally and skill wise. And he's been playing for only four years, so his curve is quite a bit in front of him.

Local High School Star

A healthy Joel.

If Philly can find a way to have Noel and Embiid on the floor at the same time the paint will be on lockdown.

Technically speaking, they could be teammates
    (and realistically, thankfully not, as a 76er fan)

I'm getting really excited about Embiid. He was arguably looking better than Wiggins in Kansas. And hopefully he has a strong comeback. I mean, Griffin spent his first year injured too, and he is looking durable these days.

I won't even try to claim I'm being objective when I say he looks better than Okafor / Towns, although I do expect him to have somewhat of a slow start. Can't wait to see Embiid play