Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: I

Default Re: I

Quote Originally Posted by Phenith
    He's a physical beast, but his actual skill level is still pretty raw.
    He doesn't have a reliable jump shot, he relies heavily on his strength to bully/stiff arm his way into the lane, and when he is met with resistance, he often travels or even double dribbles which is just as frustrating as watching Haren push off and travel all the time.
    He'll be a top tier player for years just because of how freakish he is, but this is his 6th year and the still has a way to go with his shot so it's hard to trust him as a go to guy. Basically he's the kind of star that you have to build the right team around or they will struggle.
    Sounds like a young LeBron, though I'd say young Lebron had a more reliable jumper.

Decent playground baller

He's so physically gifted he hasn't had to find a niche. When he does...

Quote Originally Posted by tontoz
    Setting aside the fact that this is a troll thread, there is some truth to it.

Giannis scores in 2 ways only, getting to the basket or the foul line. Both are tougher in the playoffs.

He is a great player and will probably be the MVP, but i can't rank him as the best in the game with no jumper.
    Good points. He needs to get a jumper good enough to keep the D honest. It's doesn't have to be the best. BUT when people say he's better than a peak Bron, I just LMAO!!! Bron's scoring skillset was much better. Bron is a better passer. Was an All League defender. And just as dominant a scorer by the numbers.

Greek Freak's mark is having the best positional versatility in the league. And from there, being arguably the best all around player (scoring-passing-boards-defense) as a package in the league. BUT the most versatile player OR the best all around player ISN'T always the best player in the league.

The most premium asset in the sport IS still alpha dog level scoring. And u have guys like KD, Curry, Bron, Harden, Kawhi, AD, Embid, PG, Lillard, etc. who are just as good or better than Giannis in that regard. And many of the guys I named ARE STILL considered great all around players and very versatile in their own right! No doubt Giannis is a top 3-5 player in the world though!

Good college starter Walk on Water's Avatar

I watched Antekumpo again. Still didn't see anything in him. Leonard dominated. How is this guy great again?

National High School Star I.R.Beast's Avatar

After watching all the travelling and stiff arming and being bailed out by officials vs my celtics I can honestly say that Greek Freak is manufactured by the league until he learns to shoot.

Good college starter Walk on Water's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by I.R.Beast
    After watching all the travelling and stiff arming and being bailed out by officials vs my celtics I can honestly say that Greek Freak is manufactured by the league until he learns to shoot.

Doesn't seem very coordinated or experienced.