View Single Post
Old 11-19-2007, 01:05 AM   #30
IamRAMBO24
NBA lottery pick

Default Re: Top 10 Players AFTER the Jordan era

Quote:
Originally Posted by poeticism707
"Winning a ring is not as important as winning games." -yourself

THE SPURS HAVE WINNING PERCENTAGE OF ANY TEAM IN THE FOUR MAJOR SPORTS SINCE DUNCAN ARRIVED TEN YEARS AGO. Since 2003,
Duncan is the only player from his first title team in '99. WHAT DOES THAT TELL YOU?

That Duncan wins. He is inarguably top five all time, and until Lebron accomplishes more than everyone else in the league (including Shaq), he is not in the same stratosphere as Duncan.

It takes a whole organization to win a ring. Duncan didn't win the ring by himself. Parker, Ginoboli, Finley, Robinson, Pop, down to the training staff, etc. I think its fallacious reasoning to consider the ring as an "individual achievement." He's #2 on my list because of this:

1. He has the ability to elevate his game to win ball games
2. He makes the players around him better.
3. He has raw talent.

All of this contribute to the team, which help them win games, but it does not mean he should take sole responsibility for winning the ring. Lebron does all of the above BETTER than Duncan in my opinion. That's why he's #1 on my list. The reason why he's not as successful in winning games and rings is because of the team, not him. Just because he does not have a ring does not mean he's any less of a player he is.
IamRAMBO24 is offline   Reply With Quote