Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Default Re: "Double teams create a 4-on-3 off the ball" - Lebron James

Hey bitch - if I catch you or anyone else from this loser ass board following me, I will beat you down in self defense. You will be in the hospital if I catch you following me as anyone that is following me I will deem a threat to my health

I've already filed police reports against your screen name and others I suspect. Im also getting restraining orders to ban the screen name from playing on the site where you outed yourself as my stalker

Don't let me catch you, you tiny tiny man. You'll be even tinier when I get done with you

Quote Originally Posted by 3ball
    Lets see how much you know about basketball

Why have teams opted to not double-team Lebron? We know it has nothing to do with his passing because double-teams create a 4-on-3 off-the-ball, which hurts ANY defense.

So why have teams opted to play Lebron straight up?
    He doesn't know anything about basketball. It's a Lebron loving kid who thinks that 2011 wasn't a choke and Jordan' late 80s series against the Pistons where he was single handidly leading a garbage bulls roster to more wins than the Western conference champions,were.

He's the laughing stock of the board.

Quote Originally Posted by sdot_thadon
    Like I said before who would expect a guy who doesn't watch basketball games to understand simple concepts like doubling a dangerous playmaker gets you picked apart so you don't do it. He's not a quick hitting scorer because he doesn't play with a scorers mentality, he plays with a balance that scoring or playmaking can happen at any given time so you must always account for both when dealing with Lebron. There have been games where I wished he would attack more but more often than not things worked out for him. MJ's mentality worked great for him and his era, it worked well to a lesser degree for Kobe in the following era, but everyone is their own player. And a quick reminder that Lebron's style worked against the team with the best record ever.
    Interestingly enough, he understands basketball while you -very clearly -struggle with the basics.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Feeny
    Interestingly enough, he understands basketball while you -very clearly -struggle with the basics.
    whats more interesting is you gagging on my **** before I've even unzipped my britches lately.

Quote Originally Posted by 3ball
    Lebron isn't a quick-hitter scorer because he doesn't have a great jumpshot.

He can't just come down and start jacking jumpers like Kobe or MJ did - he doesn't get hot and force the opposing coach to call timeouts and shit, whereas MJ/Kobe did all the time ..

every game the opposing coach would call a timeout because MJ/Kobe got hot and now the coach must start planning double teams against them.. the whole team would get juiced when they got hot...

this happened every game for Kobe and MJ, but almost never for lebron.. Coaches want the ball in Lebron's hands like SVG said, because it's easier to defend the basic 1 ball-dominator and 4 shooter setup than zippy ball movement created by a double team... And since Lebron's jumper doesn't get hot, there's no need to double team him like MJ or Kobe... Just let him dribble away to his heart's content (he thinks he's controlling the game, but he's actually being controlled and exploited at the championship level)

Ultimately, it was fun watching MJ and Kobe because you knew they'd get hot and the opposing coach would have to call timeout and start doubling them - it was standard every game and as a fan you'd look forward to this break in the game as a sign that they were "taking over"

But heck, just look at the kind of jumpers Lebron takes - it's nothing like MJ and Kobe - can you even imagine him attempting a floating jumper like the one MJ took over Ehlo?... He doesn't have the touch, the aggressiveness, or the sheer jumpshooting skill to execute tough jumpers like that.. He needs a lot more setup time...

MJ, Kobe, and Bird were just a lot better and their teams were much tougher to defend - their jumpshooting and off-ball play imposed a much tougher routine of movements that the defense had to go through - the defense was on their heels more, and ultimately got worn down so their own attack wasn't as strong.. whereas teams get comfortable defensively against lebron, and start going off offensively... again, Lebron's style doesn't win the attrition battle against the best teams

Btw, Lebron's style doesn't work against the Spurs (lebron is 1-2 against them).... it works even worse against the warriors (1-3), or the Mavs (0-1), or Dwight (0-1)... But yes, it worked once when the series alpha got suspended and Kyrie went apeshit over an injured (or choking) league MVP... Yes, everyone has one-offs where everything comes together perfect .. ... But the reality is that SVG wanted the ball in Lebron's hands - he preferred lebron's extra dribbling and he didn't have to worry about lebron getting hot/the team getting juiced - lebron needs time to drive or shoot, and SVG loved that.. so did the defense
    Feenball, you typed all that just to dance around the fact that Lebron doesn't approach a game the way Mj or Kobe does? It's kinda pointless to keep attempting to fit his decision making with theirs when there literally has been no player like Lebron before. I know its a sad prospect for you but Mj did not and could not succeed playing the game the way Lebron does and vice versa for Lebron. They aren't the same guy.

whats more interesting is you gagging on my **** before I've even unzipped my britches lately.
    Come back when know the first thing about basketball.

In the meantime, keep trying to convince people that 2011 was an expected loss.

He doesn't know anything about basketball. It's a Lebron loving kid who thinks that 2011 wasn't a choke and Jordan' late 80s series against the Pistons where he was single handidly leading a garbage bulls roster to more wins than the Western conference champions,were.

He's the laughing stock of the board.

3ball
    Alt ball
    Melt ball
    1ball

Stahp it. Get some help.

Come back when know the first thing about basketball.

In the meantime, keep trying to convince people that 2011 was an expected loss.
    But you're 3ball and havent watched a game since 1998

So, try again