Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    I feel devotion Fiba basketball's Avatar

Default Re: Projecting Olympic Rosters

Quote Originally Posted by Euroleague
    IMO Ivkovic needs to select better players. Serbia kind of surprised people those first couple years when they were young. Everyone knows about them and how to play them now.

Serbia needs some more scorers and Teodosic needs help at PG. I don't see any medal next year without them selecting some better players.
    Teodosic needs help at pg ? Markovic is best assistant in HISTORY of Eurocup and is great defender . For a backup that is very good . Miljenovic will probably join NT but he first needs to show he is good enough by playing in EL , if he is talented as everyone says he could be good as Teodosic . What better players do you have in mind ? You arent thinking of Rakocevic or Milicic , are you ? We will see next year who is wrong you or me , and as long Ivkovic is head coach of our NT I will belive in medal in every compatition .

Quote Originally Posted by Fiba basketball
    Teodosic needs help at pg ? Markovic is best assistant in HISTORY of Eurocup and is great defender . For a backup that is very good . Miljenovic will probably join NT but he first needs to show he is good enough by playing in EL , if he is talented as everyone says he could be good as Teodosic . What better players do you have in mind ? You arent thinking of Rakocevic or Milicic , are you ? We will see next year who is wrong you or me , and as long Ivkovic is head coach of our NT I will belive in medal in every compatition .
    Serbia as it is now (the team as it has been) has no good point guard besides Teodosic. And Teodosic can't defend at the position properly. Rasic, Tepic, and Markovic are not good enough options as point guards, for a team that wants to win medals every summer.

Sorry, it's just my opinion. They need a better point guard, and they need a way to let Teodosic be a SG on defense. They also need some better shooters in the lineup. Keselj is great as a shooter, and so is Rasic, but then you have someone like Tepic, who can't shoot, and Teodosic is too streaky with his shot selection.
    Last edited by Euroleague; 06-13-2012 at 09:32 AM.

Just give Cvetkovic a chance this Summer, to see how things work out with him playing at top level. I don't know many other guards besides the regular ones in the Serbian NT.

Quote Originally Posted by Maga_1
    Just give Cvetkovic a chance this Summer, to see how things work out with him playing at top level. I don't know many other guards besides the regular ones in the Serbian NT.
    Serbia has 4 pgs that dominated youth compatitions last year but since Nedovic plays sg now there are only 3 . Micic broke his leg this season so he will need more time to improve , Cvetkovic didnt play this season and if Pesic think isnt ready to play for Red Star than he isnt ready to play for Nt . Partizan borrowed Miljenovic to Mega Vizura where he dominated Serbian league but he still isnt good enough for nt . Maga are you from Spain ? If you are can you tell me whats happening with Markovic ? He got injured against in game 2 with Barca and hasnt played since than and I cant found oute did he recover .
    Last edited by Fiba basketball; 06-13-2012 at 01:20 PM.

Serbia as it is now (the team as it has been) has no good point guard besides Teodosic. And Teodosic can't defend at the position properly. Rasic, Tepic, and Markovic are not good enough options as point guards, for a team that wants to win medals every summer.

Sorry, it's just my opinion. They need a better point guard, and they need a way to let Teodosic be a SG on defense. They also need some better shooters in the lineup. Keselj is great as a shooter, and so is Rasic, but then you have someone like Tepic, who can't shoot, and Teodosic is too streaky with his shot selection.
    Markovic is good enough to play on any EL f4 team . He is better than Gordon , Law , Calathes , Sada so I dont see why he isnt good enough to be backup to Teodosic who play 25-30 mpg . And we have only 3 players that arent good shooters in our nt ( Paunic , Tepic , Markovic ) .
    Last edited by Fiba basketball; 06-13-2012 at 01:34 PM.

Markovic is good enough to play on any EL f4 team . He is better than Gordon , Law , Calathes , Sada so I dont see why he isnt good enough to be backup to Teodosic who play 25-30 mpg . And we have only 3 players that arent good shooters in our nt ( Paunic , Tepic , Markovic ) .
    Being better than Calathes isn't saying much, although I think Calathes is better, but I think Calathes sucks for the most part, so I won't argue. I don't think he's as good as those other guys you mentioned. At least, no way he is as good as Law is.

Being better than Calathes isn't saying much, although I think Calathes is better, but I think Calathes sucks for the most part, so I won't argue. I don't think he's as good as those other guys you mentioned. At least, no way he is as good as Law is.
    Markovic is better than Law in everything except shooting . He is better passer than Sada and Gordon and is good as them in othere parts of the game . You are underrating Calathes if you think he isnt better than Law . Players that Ivkovic called for NT : Teodosic , Markovic , Jaramaz ( lol , I dont know why is he on the list ) , Rasic , Tepic , Nedovic ( didnt deserve , had terible season ) , Milutinovic ( also didnt deserve ) , Jeremic ( I like him and he deserved an invatation but I dont think he will make the team ) , Andjusic ( had a breakoute season but still I dont think he deserved invatation ) , Paunic , Keselj , Bjelica , Lucic ( he deserved invatation , will be one of the better sfs in Euroleague in the future ) , Macvan , Erceg , Labovic , Velickovic , Savanovic , Krstic , Raduljica , Perovic , Rakovic , Ilic ( lol , even Red Star fans dont think he is good ) , Musli ( also didnt deserve )
    Last edited by Fiba basketball; 06-15-2012 at 11:32 AM.

Markovic is better than Law in everything except shooting . He is better passer than Sada and Gordon and is good as them in othere parts of the game . You are underrating Calathes if you think he isnt better than Law . Players that Ivkovic called for NT : Teodosic , Markovic , Jaramaz ( lol , I dont know why is he on the list ) , Rasic , Tepic , Nedovic ( didnt deserve , had terible season ) , Milutinovic ( also didnt deserve ) , Jeremic ( I like him and he deserved an invatation but I dont think he will make the team ) , Andjusic ( had a breakoute season but still I dont think he deserved invatation ) , Paunic , Keselj , Bjelica , Lucic ( he deserved invatation , will be one of the better sfs in Euroleague in the future ) , Macvan , Erceg , Labovic , Velickovic , Savanovic , Krstic , Raduljica , Perovic , Rakovic , Ilic ( lol , even Red Star fans dont think he is good ) , Musli ( also didnt deserve )
    I know you hate Law because of the Partizan issue, but come on. Sorry man, Law is way better than Markovic and Calathes are.

Argentina's 15 man prelim roster:

Pablo Prigioni
    Nicol
    Last edited by Euroleague; 06-15-2012 at 11:59 AM.

I know you hate Law because of the Partizan issue, but come on. Sorry man, Law is way better than Markovic and Calathes are.
    Belive me he isnt and him playing bad for Partizan has nothing to do with my judgment . I thought this even before he left Partizan . You are overrating Law .

Belive me he isnt and him playing bad for Partizan has nothing to do with my judgment . I thought this even before he left Partizan . You are overrating Law .
    OK, let's just disagree then. Law isn't really a point guard anyway. He's more of a SG.

Spain:

PG Jose Calderon/Sergio Rodriguez/Victor Sada
    SG Juan Carlos Navarro/Sergio Llull/Rafa Martinez
    SF Rudy Fernandez/Fernando Sam Emeterio/Victor Claver
    PF Pau Gasol/Felipe Reyes
    C Marc Gasol/Serge Ibaka

Meanwhile, Australia have just beaten Greece on back-to-back matches by 30 and 40 points in Melbourne!!

I saw the first game and I swear Greece must have at LEAST 8-9 of it's regular, best players not with the team, because they are just a bunch of young guys with not alot of talent... in comparison with the Australian players, who are no world beaters!

No Andrew Bogut will hurt us with getting through to the final 8 at the games. Kyrie Irving would have been handy also, had he have nominated to pick up his Aussie citizenship!!

Line up with be:

C: Aleks Maric / David Andersen / Aron Baynes
    PF: Matt Nielson / Mark Worthington
    SF: Brad Newley / David Barlow
    SG: Joe Ingles / Peter Crawford
    PG: Patty Mills / Matt Dellavedova / Adam Gibson

Is any of this relevant? No.. but it's a thread for this kind of information, so remember that before hating on this post :)

Go Boomers! I'll be there watching

And to throw in my two cents worth... I believe the medals will be:

GOLD: USA
    SILVER: Spain
    Bronze: France (providing Parker plays)

I know some other posters here believe that the lesser known to the western-world countires (USA, Canada, Aus ect) think that the likes of Greece, Lithuania, Russia and Argentina will be real chances... but I just don't see it. It's just my opinion, would be happy to be proven wrong

Quote Originally Posted by TKstyle
    And to throw in my two cents worth... I believe the medals will be:

GOLD: USA
    SILVER: Spain
    Bronze: France (providing Parker plays)

I know some other posters here believe that the lesser known to the western-world countires (USA, Canada, Aus ect) think that the likes of Greece, Lithuania, Russia and Argentina will be real chances... but I just don't see it. It's just my opinion, would be happy to be proven wrong
    In all honesty, a full France isn't any better than Lithuania and certainly isn't as good as Greece, even with their key absences. They might be a bit better than Russia, but not by much.

Argentina is too old. I don't think anyone but American NBA fans thinks they will medal. Argentinians certainly don't. It's just that American NBA fans know absolutely nothing about international basketball, nothing about any players that are not in the NBA, and they totally overrate NBA players, etc.

People outside the USA generally know Argentina is too old. But I have to say that you are overrating France.

Not because you think they can get a bronze, because they can, but because you think they are clearly better than Greece, Russia, Lithuania, and that those teams don't really have a shot to medal. Honestly, I'm not even sure that France is even better than Macedonia.

But I will say this, France is not beating Greece in an elimination game. Not happening. Even if Greece's missing players still don't join the team, they are still beating France in an elimination game, if they meet again at that stage.

As for Spain being second, if Navarro still has foot problems, that won't happen.
    Last edited by Euroleague; 06-26-2012 at 05:00 PM.