Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Default Re: Tim Duncan vs Larry Bird

Quote Originally Posted by Odinn
    At their best, Larry Bird is the better one. It's very very close. But I think it's clear. Although, I think Duncan is the better playoff performer. And it's clearer than Bird being the better player. Remember he never lost a first-round series in his prime? He won it all with one of the weakest casts for a championship team. Aside from 2003 title, his 2001 and 2002 casts wasn't good. Bunch of old perimeter guys, 35+ year old DRob and inexperienced Parker and he made those teams 58W team and 2nd round team. And he was eliminated by the team has one of the best duos in history. The only thing which can be called a choke-job was 2004 playoffs 2nd round series against the Lakers. He was always as good as he's supposed to be. Or even better.

Like I said, Larry Bird is the better when it comes to peaks and he should be ranked higher in goat lists.
    But acting like Duncan is nowhere near Larry Bird? That's just wrong.
    Was waiting on your take on this too.

I pretty much agree with everything posted.

Troll who tries to provoke you

Quote Originally Posted by Bucket_Nakedz
    one of these dudes is unquestionably the greatest white basketball player ever. so tell me, who is better between the two?
    who has Back-2-back-2-back season MVPs. 3 straight Yrs. Thats almost 300 games in a row of SHEER DOMINANCE.

Who has 2 MVP SWEEPS?

Duncan Failed to DOMINATE his arch rival SHAQ or even non-dominant greats like Kobe, LBJ.

Bird DOMINATED his ARCH RIVAL Magic, when tragic magic was in his prime peak!

Quote Originally Posted by CavaliersFTW
    Duncan is white?
    I can't believe it took someone that long to bring this up.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer DMAVS41's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kovach
    I wasn't trying to underrate Duncan, he is one of the all-time greats in my book, I just get agitated by the idea that Bird's success was the reflection of talent he was surrounded by. It was overwhelming team basketball that made Boston a dominant superteam, not individual talents of his team-mates, at least not to an extent people try to present it nowdays.
    But nobody is saying Bird only won because of his team...I just think it's a little crazy to sit here and not objectively look at what Duncan has done.

4 titles...all 4 without an all nba teammate (about as rare as it gets in NBA history)

14 straight 50 win season (never been done before...2nd highest is 12 by the 80s Lakers)

Can dominate the game on both ends...etc.

I'll say it again. If Duncan had one all of this for the Knicks....things would be different in how he's viewed.

Quote Originally Posted by DMAVS41
    I'll say it again. If Duncan had one all of this for the Knicks....things would be different in how he's viewed.
    No doubt, Duncan would be getting legit Top 3-5 all-time rankings and the Knick fans would be in full force and you would never read or hear the end of it.

Knick fans are crazy enough as it is. One of them even said the Knicks are the greatest NBA franchise last week.

Quote Originally Posted by Legends66NBA7
    No doubt, Duncan would be getting legit Top 3-5 all-time rankings and the Knick fans would be in full force and you would never read or hear the end of it.

Knick fans are crazy enough as it is. One of them even said the Knicks are the greatest NBA franchise last week.

If Duncan played for the Knicks, without Popovich and without Robinson, and then won 4 titles...that would be different. The Knicks were not a well-run team.

But, just transplanting him to the Knicks...rational people would not start judging him as top 5 because he played for the Knicks.

Krust Kingz

[COLOR="Navy"]The only reason I would take Bird over Duncan is the ferocity he played with.
    Other than that Duncan is better because he didnt have the HOF teammates like Bird.[/COLOR]

Quote Originally Posted by Rameek
    [COLOR="Navy"]The only reason I would take Bird over Duncan is the ferocity he played with.
    Other than that Duncan is better because he didnt have the HOF teammates like Bird.[/COLOR]
    robinson, ginobili, parker and pop?

imma come out and say it: tim duncan is a system player. pop made him, and kg will always be better in my eyes.

Krust Kingz

robinson, ginobili, parker and pop?
    [COLOR="Navy"]Yeah these guys were great players coming from Europe? Lets not wax poetic about how these guys developed. TD made that happen.

If you want to say he's a system guy then anyone that won a championship with Phil are system guys.[/COLOR]

[COLOR="Navy"]Yeah these guys were great players coming from Europe? Lets not wax poetic about how these guys developed. TD made that happen.

If you want to say he's a system guy then anyone that won a championship with Phil are system guys.[/COLOR]
    oh yeah, duncan made them the players they are. i suppose he had a hand when manu won the gold with argentina

oh yeah, duncan made them the players they are. i suppose he had a hand when manu won the gold with argentina
    I suppose that Greek squad that beat team USA shoulda come to play in the NBA. Seriously how can you possibly point to the Olympics? hahaha

Quote Originally Posted by Dbrog
    I suppose that Greek squad that beat team USA shoulda come to play in the NBA. Seriously how can you possibly point to the Olympics? hahaha
    da fukk r u talking about?

Krust Kingz

[COLOR="Navy"]Didnt Gino go in the back end of the 2nd round????....hmmmmm
    Wasnt Parker a real late 1st or early 2nd round????....hmmmmmm

but yeah they are system guys like anyone that played under Sloan, Pop, Rivers, Red, Phil, etc etc....
    [/COLOR]

[COLOR="Navy"]Didnt Gino go in the back end of the 2nd round????....hmmmmm
    Wasnt Parker a real late 1st or early 2nd round????....hmmmmmm

but yeah they are system guys like anyone that played under Sloan, Pop, Rivers, Red, Phil, etc etc....
    [/COLOR]
    oh u steamin, cuz. its my opinion, bruh. there is no need to prove a point. pop made timmy. that is all