Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Default Re: NBA 2K13 'ASSOCIATION MODE' Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by Heavincent
    The best mode in 2K.
    truth.

My bro wanted to do a fantasy draft, so we ended up picking teams. Using the Cats, my lineup looks like:

PG: Russell Westbrook
    SG: Gerald Green
    SF: Tracy McGrady
    PF: Kevin Garnett
    C: Greg Oden
    6th: James Harden
    7th: Nate Robinson
    8th: Lamar Odom
    9th: Jamario Moon
    10th: Tyler Zeller

...and a couple of scrubs that I can't remember. 0-3 so far on HoF difficulty. It's like every move they make gets them an open shot, unreal.

Tiling, carpeting, life, and whatever...

Finally get to start my association. Going to create one that I play (Toronto) and one that I sim (Detroit). Pretty hyped.

For this Toronto one, I'm going to do a bunch of trades and build the team I want, since I'm the one who has to play with these guys. No overriding or anything, though. The Detroit association will be more realistic.

First thing I did was change the starting lineup to:
    Lowry / Ross / Derozan / Bargs / Val

I want to get rid of Bargs and definitely find a way to drop Fields' contract.

Transactions and Team Movements:

[COLOR="Indigo"]Changed[/COLOR] Derozan from SG/SF to SF/SG (up 2 overall points)
    --Derozan can't shoot and the position is shooting guard, afterall. Plus I want Ross in the starting lineup and Derozan is more of a 3 between the two.

[COLOR="DarkRed"]Outgoing:[/COLOR] Andrea Bargnani, 2014 first round pick, Amir Johnson, and Aaron Gray
    [COLOR="DarkBlue"]Incoming (from Miami)[/COLOR]: Chris Bosh, Josh Harrellson, Rashard Lewis, and a 2014 second round
    --Honestly, I really don't like use Bargs in this game. Then Bosh gives me a legit #1 option and it's Bosh back in Toronto! How can you turn that down?

[COLOR="DarkRed"]Outgoing:[/COLOR] John Lucas, Rashard Lewis, 2013 second round pick, and 2014 second round pick
    [COLOR="DarkBlue"]Incoming (from LAC)[/COLOR]: Eric Bledsoe and Ryan Hollins
    --I was looking for a combo who could play backup for both positions. Bledsoe fits that well.

[COLOR="DarkRed"]Outgoing:[/COLOR] Landry Fields and Josh Harrellson
    [COLOR="DarkBlue"]Incoming (from GSW)[/COLOR]: Brandon Rush and Festus Ezeli
    --Mainly wanted to dump Fields for a 3pt shooter. That would be Rush.

[COLOR="DarkRed"]Outgoing:[/COLOR] Jose Calderon, Ryan Hollins, Linas Kleiza
    [COLOR="DarkBlue"]Incoming (from Hou)[/COLOR]: Royce White, Omer Asik, Jon Brockman
    --Asik gives me a legit starting center until I can develop Val. I had no use for Calderon with Lowry and Bledose on the team and White is a terrific prospect. Plan to use him like Lamar Odom.

[COLOR="DarkSlateGray"]Signed[/COLOR] Jason Kapono to a 1 year, min contract
    --I always like having one dead-eye 3pt shooter on the team for certain situations.

[COLOR="DarkRed"]Outgoing:[/COLOR] Demar Derozan, Jon Brockman, and Quincy Acy
    [COLOR="DarkBlue"]Incoming (from Den)[/COLOR]: Wilson Chandler and Timofey Mozgov
    --I like Chandler's contract and he's exactly what I wanted at SF. He definitely fits the role better than Derozan does, will be cheaper in the long run, and is only two years older. Had too many bigs so I traded two crappy ones for one decent one.

[COLOR="DarkRed"]Outgoing:[/COLOR] Ed Davis
    [COLOR="DarkBlue"]Incoming (from OKC)[/COLOR]: Perry Jones, Nick Collison, 2013 second round pick
    --Kept second guessing this trade. I just really wanted a project SF and Perry Jones was the only one I could afford in a trade without giving up a pick. Really wanted to keep Davis, but his role was minimized with the additions of Collison and Royce White.

[COLOR="Indigo"]Changed[/COLOR] Perry Jones from PF/SF to SF/PF (up 1 overall)
    --Like I said, I want a project SF and not have Kapono as the only back up.

[COLOR="DarkRed"]Outgoing:[/COLOR] Timofey Mozgov and Festus Ezeli
    [COLOR="DarkBlue"]Incoming (from NOH)[/COLOR]: 2014 second round pick
    --Mainly, Val was going to take every single back-up C minute there was and Moz was expiring. Chances are that I'm not going to play either of those two unless there's an injury. Might as well get a pick from them rather than have both sit on the bench until they expire.

You know, after inter scrimmaging, I feel I like I need to trade either White or Jones for a more veteran of their position. Not sure yet.

Which leads to...

[COLOR="DarkRed"]Outgoing:[/COLOR] Perry Jones and 2014 second round pick (Hornets)
    [COLOR="DarkBlue"]Incoming (from Bos)[/COLOR]: Jason Collins and the 2013 first round pick
    --I get a first rounder and I just give the pt to Rush or White

So I'm done with trading for now. The new 2012-2013 Toronto Raptors are:
    PG: Kyle Lowry / Eric Bledsoe
    SG: Terrence Ross / Eric Bledsoe / Brandon Rush
    SF: Wilson Chandler / Brandon Rush / Jason Kapono
    PF: Chris Bosh / Royce White / Nick Collison
    C: Omer Asik / Jonas Valančiūnas / Nick Collison

w/ Raptors 2013 first round, Celtics 2013 first round, Thunder 2013 second round, Heat 2014 second round picks. 5.77 mil under the cap.

I feel like I created a very tall (sans the PG), versatile, and athletic roster that has a great defensive potential. I can play small ball by moving Chandler to the 4 and Bosh to the 5. I have 3pt shooters all over the place with Rush, Chandler, Kapono, Ross, and Lowry. Most of the bench can play multiple positions to cause mismatches in the second unit. I also feel I have a good balance of veteran leadership, players peaking, and future prospects. I think the set roles are already in place, too. Bosh is the clear #1, Lowry/Chandler are Robin, Asik is the D and rebounder, Bledsoe is the sixth man, and decently talented mob squad.

I had to restart my association because I didn't notice the draft class was filled with shit. I usually get two seasons out of this game mode when I play the games and I watch a lot of college basketball (more than the NBA) so I really needed some familiar names in the draft. Of course when I try to make the same trades, a few of them don't work this time so I had to override those...

Oh, and this new total sim control thing is interesting. Going to be useful when I do the sim association.
    Last edited by IGotACoolStory; 10-13-2012 at 09:14 PM.

Boozer and Lebron Fam CarlosBoozer's Avatar

1-4 in the pinoy association Kevin Durant is my superstar player in my team. Trying to build around him, current roster is:

Gilbert Arenas
    Thebo Sefolosha
    Kevin Durant
    Luis Scola
    Nene
    Bench:
    Rodrigue Beaubois
    Jordan Crawford
    Casspi
    Spreights
    Noccioni

Made my first Warriors association last night.

Traded Jefferson, Jack, and 1st round pick to Pacers for Granger and their 1st round pick.

Then traded Landry and Biedrins to Clippers for Jordan and 1st round pick.

Current lineup;

Steph Curry
    Klay Thompson
    Danny Granger
    David Lee
    Andrew Bogut

Charles Jenkins
    Brandon Rush
    Harrison Barnes
    Jeremy Tyler
    Andre Jordan

Simmed first season and ended up 4th seed out West. My offense is rated like 97 overall, and is unstoppable.

Chose NYK to see if I could turn them around:

1) Traded Amar'e to the Cavs for Luke Walton (expiring) and Tristan Thompson. Traded someone for Brandan Wright.
    2) Let JR Smith walk in free agency (2013), re-signed Brewer, signed Delonte West to a 2 year, $4m deal, signed Andre Iguodala to a 5 year, $60m deal
    3) Carmelo opted out, as did LeBron so I signed him to a 5 year, $92m deal
    4) Resigned Brewer to a 2 year, $2m deal. Signed Eric Bledsoe to a 4 year, $32m deal. Signed KG (he's 39!) to a 2 year, $3m deal. Signed Wesley Johnson and Jared Dudley to identical 3 year, $7m deals
    I can't remember every move I made, there should be a running diary for this. At the end of my 2015-16, my team is:

PG: Eric Bledsoe
    SG: Iman Shumpert
    SF: Andre Iguodala
    PF: LeBron James
    C: Tyson Chandler

Bench: Brandan Wright, Jared Dudley, Wes Johnson, Kevin Garnett, Delonte West and a scrub rookie called Gordon McCleod.

My next move is to let Chandler walk and try and get RFA Anthony Davis

Local High School Star MasterDurant24's Avatar

I simmed a couple years into an association with the Lakers and now all the averages have dropped. Like the leading scorer in the leauge is averaging 25ppg and people like LeBron and Durant are averaging 20 and 22 ppg but all the team point averages have went up. Has this happened to anyone else and does anyone know how to fix it?

Started my first association, I was stuck on what team to pick so I picked the Bobcats (lol). Haven't really made any moves at all.

My starting lineup:

PG - Kemba Walker
    SG - Ben Gordon
    SF - Michael Kidd-Gilchrist
    PF - Bismack Biyombo
    C - Brendan Haywood

Bench:

Ramon Sessions
    Tyrus Thomas
    Gerald Henderson
    Byron Mullens
    Lance Stephenson
    Desagana Diop
    Solomon Alabi
    Damion James

So far the only moves I've made are:

Waived Matt Carrol
    Traded Reggie Williams to the Cavs for a 2013 2nd Round Pick
    Traded a 2014 Second Round pick to the Pacers for Lance Stephenson and a 2013 Second Round Pick (Basically got Lance for nothing since we both swapped picks as well).
    Signed Solomon Alabi to a 1 yr/473 K contract
    Signed Damion James to a 2 yr/3 million dollar contract

Some thoughts:

Kemba is real good in this game, he's a very good scorer. Ben Gordon is a good scorer as well as has a nice shot in this game, he can fill it up in bunches. MKG is AWESOME in this game, he does it all, he's like Iggy-lite and is by far the best player on the team, his shot is pretty awful though. Bismack is a beast on the boards and on defense, but isn't great offensively, I'm lucky to get 10-12 points with him. Haywood sucks and I'm probably going to move Bismack to Center and start Tyrus Thomas at PF, Tyrus is decent in the game. Haywood does NOTHING offensively and isn't very good on the boards either.

I miss the D-League feature, I used to like sending my younger guys to the D-League so they could play, but it looks like that's not an option this year.

Quote Originally Posted by bdreason
    Made my first Warriors association last night.

Traded Jefferson, Jack, and 1st round pick to Pacers for Granger and their 1st round pick.

Then traded Landry and Biedrins to Clippers for Jordan and 1st round pick.

Current lineup;

Steph Curry
    Klay Thompson
    Danny Granger
    David Lee
    Andrew Bogut

Charles Jenkins
    Brandon Rush
    Harrison Barnes
    Jeremy Tyler
    Andre Jordan

Simmed first season and ended up 4th seed out West. My offense is rated like 97 overall, and is unstoppable.
    Those were pretty good trades.

Has there been any changes to association mode or enhancements?

Quote Originally Posted by Brujesino
    Those were pretty good trades.

Has there been any changes to association mode or enhancements?
    The biggest change is that the D-League is gone.

Home of the 16

Finally! I can now finally discuss Association mode with yall. We didn't have a thread like this last year.

Anyways, I had like a STORYLINE last year in my own little imagination T-Mac and Vince Carter paired up to beat the BIG 3 (Sorry im already laughing my ass off at this point) ... I forgot which team though.

Anyways, im gonna try to rebuild a team and lead them to a championship w/out and STAR but full of role players.

I played Association mode when the game first came out though, I chose the Knicks, had TRADE OVER-RIDE ON. Melo + 1st Round Pick For Lebron (In my own head, the Heat was done with him for some reason and wanted to trade him.)

Bring back Ha. Seung-Jin! I always chose him as my FILLER.
    Last edited by $LakerGold; 10-24-2012 at 01:05 AM.

Home of the 16

Don't you hate it when you sign someone cuz you felt bad that no one signed them .. (Usually a veteran) and then chose to test the free agency the next year? OMG ... that just makes me wanna kill em.

Boozer and Lebron Fam CarlosBoozer's Avatar

If anyone is interested in joining my sim association for xbox live, please PM me :)

Quote Originally Posted by irondarts
    The biggest change is that the D-League is gone.
    oh well that sucks.I mean i didnt play any of the games put thats where i would put prospect so that i didnt have to release them.

Home of the 16

Quote Originally Posted by Brujesino
    oh well that sucks.I mean i didnt play any of the games put thats where i would put prospect so that i didnt have to release them.
    Same.