Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    Banned

Default Re: The Clippers should move Blake Griffin..

Blake for Pau Gasol. Griffin was born to be a laker

Clipper Nation Soldier Clippersfan86's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lakers_Kobe_Fan
    they lost a great chance by not trading for Howard...

I would have done that trade...but Griffin sells tickets....

they will be good regular season but I want to see Griffin's shot fall when the pressure is on
    Sorry but would have been stupid to trade Griffin on a 6 year deal for a potential 1 year rental Dwight. If Dwight re ups for 5 years I'd do the trade.

3-time NBA All-Star

Not that I think they should trade Blake....

.... but I think the Clippers should have put more consideration into a Blake/DeAndre for Dwight/Anderson trade.

3-time NBA All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by Nick Young
    Blake for Pau Gasol. Griffin was born to be a laker
    Blake/Dwight possibly the worst FT-shooting frontcourt since the merger?

Quote Originally Posted by BankShot
    Not that I think they should trade Blake....

.... but I think the Clippers should have put more consideration into a Blake/DeAndre for Dwight/Anderson trade.
    Again Griffin is now on a 6 year deal including this year. No guarantee Howard stays.

Old School Cool brandonislegend's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Clippersfan86
    Again Griffin is now on a 6 year deal including this year. No guarantee Howard stays.
    He would have made cp3 stay, now your stuck with griffins highlights but no impact

3-time NBA All-Star

I didn't say they should have automatically dove into a Dwight-for-Blake trade... but I do think they were possibly a bit blinded by the Star of Griffin and didn't give the idea of Dwight as a Clipper a fair shake.

Yes of course it would be a gamble without an extension, but at least for me it didn't seem like they explored that option as thoroughly as a team on the cusp would or should.

Very good NBA starter

Clippers need a new coach, Del negro will never be trusted in my eyes.

Other than that, you have everything a team needs. Blake will get better as long as he doesnt become Amare injury prone.

#Dre Day in Sac Town andremiller07's Avatar

I wouldn't mind the Clips making a package deal for the likes of Green/Butler (might have to let Bledose go) and a few others to get a above avg SF/good sized SG

Very good NBA starter

Quote Originally Posted by andremiller07
    I wouldn't mind the Clips making a package deal for the likes of Green/Butler (might have to let Bledose go) and a few others to get a above avg SF/good sized SG
    Clippers get a Ariza type SF. They can do that without giving up Bledsoe. Ariza played great with Paul.

NBA lottery pick Lakers_Kobe_Fan's Avatar

Sorry but would have been stupid to trade Griffin on a 6 year deal for a potential 1 year rental Dwight. If Dwight re ups for 5 years I'd do the trade.
    Howard wanted to play in major market...
    LA - Check

Howard wanted to play with CP3 - Check

Howard wanted max - Check

why wont you trade for howard???

there was even a article by yahoo that CP3 & Howard had planned to play together...why not go for it

sorry but the Clippers are not going anywhere next 2 years...unless Griffin is a consistent 15-20jump shooter...and can be on the floor when the game is on the line...same for DJ

Quote Originally Posted by Lakers_Kobe_Fan
    Howard wanted to play in major market...
    LA - Check

Howard wanted to play with CP3 - Check

Howard wanted max - Check

why wont you trade for howard???

there was even a article by yahoo that CP3 & Howard had planned to play together...why not go for it
    That article and insight came way later. Besides Howard took small jabs at the Clippers so I wouldn't be in a hurry to take a chance on him either.

CP3 is trying to turn Blake into David West 2.0 and that's not his game.
    Then he should change his game.

Rajon Rondo turned the entire Celtics Big 3 into spot shooters. (This is an overly strong statement; but Rondo controlled the offense more than any of those 3 guys who were better than him for at least the first couple years.) That wasn't any of their games, but they won a championship. The Clippers' problem is not Chris Paul being such a great point guard that Blake Griffin can't play isolation spot-up ball all the time. Their problem is that Griffin isn't watching 10 hours of Karl Malone footage a week and adjusting his game accordingly. There's no reason he couldn't. Malone had the easiest job in the world: catch great pass from Stockton, and do one of 3 things.

Another problem of the Clippers is the staggering mediocrity of their wing players. No team with Jamal Crawford will ever be serious. Caron Butler and Chauncey Billups are the exact same player, and Billups is no 2, and Caron does nothing well, nothing poorly. Support wing players should be at least two of the following 3 things: slashers, defenders, spot-up shooters. Or, they have to be all-stars, or close to it. Middling guys without great role-player credentials never win titles in prominent roles. You never see the top teams seek out guys like that. The Spurs did once; remember how the Richard Jefferson experiment went? Type of guy who simply cannot be of any use to a great team.

Blake simply has to become a pick and pop, and pick and roll player. He has to change. He might have an easier time being a 25/12 guy if he's given control of the offense, but there is a 0% chance of the Clippers winning a title with him leading them. Paul on the other hand can lead a championship team.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Clifton
    Another problem of the Clippers is the staggering mediocrity of their wing players. No team with Jamal Crawford will ever be serious. Caron Butler and Chauncey Billups are the exact same player, and Billups is no 2, and Caron does nothing well, nothing poorly. Support wing players should be at least two of the following 3 things: slashers, defenders, spot-up shooters. Or, they have to be all-stars, or close to it. Middling guys without great role-player credentials never win titles in prominent roles. You never see the top teams seek out guys like that. The Spurs did once; remember how the Richard Jefferson experiment went? Type of guy who simply cannot be of any use to a great team.
    the 2011 mavs had 3-4 of the guys you are talking about and won a championship (kidd, barea, terry, brewer). barea and terry were playing the exact role crawford and billups are in now and it worked great throughout almost all of the playoffs.

Blake's going no where.