Default Uncharted 4 made history!

First game to break the 50+ perfect reviews barrier.
    GTA 4 was the closest to that mark at 48.

It is currently sitting at an unfiltered score on N4G, at 96!!!
    That is higher than both Uncharted 2 & TLOU.

List of Sources that gave Uncharted 4 a perfect score

Aera Juegos
    Arcade Sushi
    Areajugones
    Atomix
    BGR
    Busted Review
    CGMagazine
    DailyStar
    Dark Station
    Digital Spy
    Empire
    Examiner
    Express UK
    Fortress of Solitude
    Game Rant
    Gameblog.fr
    GameOver.gr
    GamersPrey
    GameSpot
    GamingTrend
    geekcu.it
    Giant Bomb
    God is a Geek
    GQ Mag UK
    Guardian
    IGN Denmark
    IGN Portugal
    Independent
    Irish Examiner
    Jeux Video Live
    Jeux Actu
    Meristation
    NGB
    PlayStation LifeStyle
    PlayStation Mania
    Playstation Universe
    Pocket-Lint
    Portugal Gamers
    Press Start
    PSX-Sense.nl
    Push Square
    Standard UK
    Stuff
    Telegraph
    TheSlanted
    TheSixthAxis
    ThoseGamers
    Time
    Toronto Sun
    Twinfinite
    VGTime
    Both IGN & CheatCodeCentral gave Uncharted 4 an 88.
    Both of these sites gave Uncharted 3, 100.

GameSpot on the other hand gave Uncharted 4 a 100. It didn't give Uncharted 2, 3 or TLOU a 100.

For comparison sake, Uncharted 2 received 39 perfect scores and TLOU received 43. Uncharted 4 currently is sitting at 51. Its metacritic score is 94, but that is because of sites like IGN and CheatCode giving the game an 88. Meta has a weighted average and they give certain sites more weights than others.

Uncharted 4 has received 0 mixed reviews as of right now, TLOU received 2. Uncharted 2 received 0 as well.

Uncharted 4 has already DOUBLED the amount of perfect reviews Phantom Pain received. Is also beating it in metacritic score (94 to 92) and unfiltered score (96 to 92).

There are currently 3 unlisted perfect reviews, and we have yet to see what Edge gives this game. Can this game do the unthinkable and hit 60 perfect reviews?

Shade, your prediction was spot on homie...the game will flop.
    They definitely miss Amy ...

One dude actually collected ALL the listed reviews for Uncharted 2, Uncharted 3, TLOU & U4 to see how they stack up.

Uncharted 2 - 96.19 (105 reviews)
    Uncharted 3 - 92.23 (97 reviews)
    TLOU - 94.77 (97 reviews)
    Uncharted 4 - 95.61 (120 reviews)

51 - 100s
    29 - 98-95s
    31 - 94-90s
    9 - 89-80s
    0 - below 80s

That's the breakdown of the reviews so far.

Default Re: Uncharted 4 made history!

Some quotes for you guys...

[QUOTE]It is, without a doubt, Naughty Dog

NBA sixth man of the year Thorpesaurous's Avatar

Anybody actually play, or just read reviews?

Mine's getting delivered in a couple of days.

I just started chapter 9.
    Incredible game. The first 3 chapters were fantastic. The game is really really slow at the beginning though. It reminds me of TLOU and the theme is very mature. The gameplay is so much better and the gunfights are a lot harder now. You constantly have to move or the enemies will flank you. The graphics are stunning. I've never seen anything this beautiful, even on PC. The early chapters are very story and exploration driven. A lot of climbing, puzzle solving and back story. The stealth is really good, but very hard to properly pull off.

I'll write a full review after the game is done. It's too early to say if it's better than TLOU or U2, but it definitely has the potential to be. I'm really intrigued by the plot. I'm 5 hours into it and just turned it off at chapter 9. The typical play through is 15 hours. The last chapter was like an hour because the earlier chapters were pretty brief.

NBA sixth man of the year Thorpesaurous's Avatar

Cool. Mine is supposed to come tonight, but my niece accidentally ordered it digitally last night. So it downloaded and was ready to go this morning, but I'm at work.

Does it force you into hand-to-hand combat like UC3 at times? That was one of the most annoying things about that game. That and the tall mofos that you had to defeat through a mini-game.

Quote Originally Posted by nightprowler10
    Does it force you into hand-to-hand combat like UC3 at times? That was one of the most annoying things about that game. That and the tall mofos that you had to defeat through a mini-game.
    No, but it forces you to move all the time. Sitting behind cover rarely works. You will kill enemies via stealth, melee, swinging and with your guns. It's a lot harder to win gun fights even on easy. The sound of gun fire and the graphics make it way more exciting though because everything is breakable. Like your cover will collapse of you just sit there by bullets, I can't explain it. You just have to play it to understand. The story is far just isn't as intriguing as U2 to me because it's veryyyy slow paced. But friends told me to wait until later chapters, shit goes down hard and makes up for the earlier slow paced chapters and then some. I have yet to hear anyone say it isn't their favorite Uncharted game.

Man, starting at chapter 9; things get so much more live and fun. The power of the PS4 really made it possible for ND to finally make it seem like we are actually explorers and are on an epic adventure. You can have fun with this game just traversing the scenery and looking for treasures and lost journals. It is just that beautiful. The graphics really make the characters come to life and the sounds in the game are mesmerizing. I mean, I just stood still listening to the ocean breeze and could honestly fall asleep because of how relaxing it was. The little details are astonishing, if you thought TLOU or U2 were good in this department; wait till you play this game.

I'll give you an example, in one level in a fancy place (won't spoil anything)...I looked out the window and literally saw a Ferrari drive up the hill. You literally can stare at the vehicle for a good 10-12 seconds and it will turn left and right, slow down and speed up. It's just nuts how much detail they put into this game. And the versatility of the environments are astonishing. I am only on Chapter 13 (didn't even play it yet) and I have already been to so many beautiful and completely different locations. The graphics, sound, music, detail just makes you feel like you're adventuring vicariously through Nate in this game. I am adjusting to the gun battles too, it's extremely fun and the better I get, the more fun I have with them.

Overall, I have a hard time seeing how this won't be the best ND game to date. Even though majority of the game to this point had to do with exploration, traversal, puzzle solving, and back story; I still enjoyed it as much as a game like Uncharted 2. I can't imagine how much more enjoyable it will be once shit really kicks off. And from progressing with the story, I can tell it is about to happen any moment. That's why I turned the game off last night at Chapter 13.

College superstar

I completed it last night.

Uncharted 4 is not just the best of the series but easily one of the best games ever made. The main complaints I heard from reviews were that it was more story driven and had pacing issues. I however felt this only enriched the experience and the slower start shows that gaming has become about instant stimulation. U4 had a great story arc in my opinion.

The visuals are stunning. I've got a 7 year old TV and there were many times when I would stop progressing through the level just to use the photo mode.

This is the GOTY for me. No question.

I felt like the slow pace ruined the game for me. Gun to my head, I'd have to say U2 is better. It was just too slow. Everything else is the best in the series but the lack of gun battles just made it feel like a different game to me. I don't think it had the same impact on me as TLOU did either. Maybe I need to replay it again to properly evaluate because as I was playing it, I kinda wanted to have more fun battles but it never happened. The music was also really bad. It was very mellow and quiet which ruined the mood for me completely. Those are the only complains I had, I played 16 hours but I felt like U2 (which takes 9 hours to complete) had 250% more action in terms of enemies.

I'll reserve my opinion after the next play. I also didn't like the final 2 chapters... I won't spoil why but that really pissed me off. What a horribly anti climatic ending, IMO. WTF was that. Worst final chapters in the entire series by a country mile.

God dam

I'm up to chapter 8 now. I really like the combat so far. I loved taking the bridge in the previous chapter. Went from tall grass to tall grass, marked all of the guards so I know where they are, took out as many as I could stealthily, then engaged in combat at the narrow doorway so they couldn't flank me. They all started converging at the other narrow doorway for cover so I tossed a dynamite stick their way and blew them all to hell. One headshot later I had the bridge.

30 seconds of actual combat and it was so satisfying. I don't think you could plan things like that in any of the previous editions.

Just started chapter 22 now.

So far, while the gaming experience of UC2 is probably still the best ND has delivered, UC4 has by far the strongest story. The way they've shown us Avery's descent into madness, Nate's relationship with Elena and Sam, Sam's motivation, it's just not a story I'll forget anytime soon, similar to The Last of Us in that sense.

In contrast, I have to think hard to tell you the story in the other games. I know UC1 had something to do with Sir Francis Drake and El Dorado, not sure how they were connected. UC2 was about Shangri-La, but I can't remember how they knew about it and what else drove the plot. And I can't for the life of me remember the plot for UC3.