Page 4 of 22 FirstFirst 123456714 ... LastLast

Default Re: ISH Gaming Diary Thread

Borrowed Revelations from a friend and I wish this game had never existed. The only cool parts were the cinematic cut scenes. They stretched out Ezio's story out 1 game too long and the game didn't really add anything to the story except for tying up Ezio's and Altair's story in a nice little bow.

I think you just played too much Assassins Creed.

Lol probably. This week i had a ton of free time between the end of my semester and the start of my internship so i plowed through the AC series.

Started playing WoW again.... I know, I know, you can all line up in an orderly fashion to point and laugh.

Seriously though, as much as I've enjoyed playing Star Wars: The Old Republic, it's getting to the stage for me where there are so many 'Heroic' missions to complete, Heroic meaning it probably requires between 2-4 players to complete it that I now spend more time looking for players to group up with than I do actually doing the missions. The problem is more apparent on not so populated planets. I know I can ignore them and come back to them later, but right now my mission log is just stacked with Heroic missions to do, I just can't be bothered anymore.

Generally, I enjoy playing MMO games by myself. Of course not always, but for me it's a way to pass the time when I can just grind my way through a few missions without anything to really distract me, or have to worry about other players (apart from gankers sometimes, I'm in a PvP server).

Making myself sound like a social outcast here. I'm not, far from it, I enjoy talking and playing with other players, but not to the point when I have to solely rely on other players just to progress further through the game.

As for other games, I bought Total War: Shogun II off Steam the other day, must give that a go sometime soon.

NBA lottery pick

Started playing Torchlight. One of those games I picked up in a steam sale and never really put any time into. I like it, I could see myself getting the next one.

Dont H8 the Laker H8er glidedrxlr22's Avatar

I don't usually shop at Gamestop much anymore, but this weekend I sold some games and they gave me a 30% bonus for reserving Max Payne 3.

MP3's multiplayer looks tight.

Any of you guys getting Diablo 3? A friend wants me to get it so I can be in his group or clan or whatever, but i've never played one of those games before.

Finished the Witcher 2. It was great. The universe is very refreshing compared to other story driven games that fall a bit more in the hollywood style of storytelling. Bioware and Rockstar go for the same type of more "mature" and more serious storytelling, but they have always fallen short in my opinion. Too much stereotyping, flat characters, too many weird inconsistencies in the story, weird choices.

The characters in Witcher are just must more refined, more human. There is an interesting duality to them and they are all a different shade of grey morally, it makes them more realistic. Even your friends have their flaws, even your enemies have their positives. The choices you make are real choices, not just a simple "light side/darkside" choice. Even the more moral choices can have real grim outcomes, and you can always make convincing arguments why either choice would be more appropriate. It's strange how such a small team can really nail this part of storytelling compared to the big dogs.

I will play through it again, because there is a very significant portion of the game you'll miss if you only play it once. But also, Binary Domain will arrive in the mail tomorrow, excited to try that out too it seems fun.

NBA lottery pick

Finally got a beta invite to Firefall, been waiting on that one forever. Probably give it a good run this weekend.

Binary Domain is a very decent game. The gameplay itself is "generic", but all the additional stuff is really well done. The robots are cool enemies that deteriorate when you shoot them in a cool way, there are many boss fights, many unique little situation, the story is entertaining. It's should be less than twenty bucks right now, definitely pick that up if you like third person shooters and need something to play.

why I even like Rondo CeltsGarlic's Avatar

Going to start Mortal Kombat Deception story mode.

Dont H8 the Laker H8er glidedrxlr22's Avatar

I'm gonna take a break from the Witcher 2.....about halfways done.....and play Max Payne 3 for about 2 weeks.

National High School Star Nevaeh's Avatar

OK, what I decided to do was record a few of my favorite games, for those days when I come home from work dirt tired and just want to "watch" the game from time to time.

Last game I completed was Saints Row 2. Didn't record the whole game, just bits and pieces strung together with a few created characters. Will post pictures soon.

I think I'll play the Mass Effect series next. I've never touched a single Mass Effect game so I think I'll probably pick up the original after work on Monday.

Also, how good are the Star Wars: Force Unleashed games? I've wanted to play those for a while.

Decent playground baller rfoster24's Avatar

Started playing BF3 online. It's good but you have to level up classes(engineer, medic etc.), you have to level up your vehicle skills(which is retarded because it's hard as shit to get kills with the plane w/o heat seekers), and you have to level up your rank. not to mention you have to use each gun to get the attachments. It's too much dam work. I want to play a shooter not an RPG, but it's still an alright game. But still COD>>>>BF