Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Toronto Biggest Loser of the Draft

Quote Originally Posted by Qwyjibo
    If you are counting on players like Bargnani and Derozan to be building blocks of your franchise, your team has some serious issues. The fact that the Raptors were clearly drafting based on need and took an SG is a sign of what they think of Derozan now.

As for Bargnani? Well...

Not airballing my layups anymore

Ross was pegged as their guy and didn't want to risk him being off the board, simple as that. This is one part in the grand scheme, and I personally don't mind. Raps fans can't stand players like Bargs, Jose, and DD because they are not 2-way players. Now they draft one, don't give him a chance and he's a bust? We have no idea how this pans out. I will be the 1st to say I was disappointed we didn't take Rivers, but in all honesty, Ross is bigger, shoots equally well, and is an active defender who does not constantly need the ball to be effective.

As for Drummond, yes, if he reaches his potential, then we blew it. But TO is not the right situation for Drummond with Val coming over. How can you develop either player if they cannot get game-time minutes? Bigs need time, especially since he is so raw. The raps didn't want to make a mistake and went safe. So what. If he ends up being J-Rich 2.0 or Thabo with an offensive game (he's compared to Nick Young on draft express which is not accurate since he rebounds and defends), that's a solid piece moving forward.

I don't mind Ross especially if Nash comes to TO. He is a good shooter and yes, we did pass on Drummond (which I wasn't happy about), but I feel Ross was the right pick.

Mozart Basketball no pun intended's Avatar

Knicks were the biggest loser.

I think I'm the only left on the bargs bandwagon.

Oh well!

Quote Originally Posted by T-Low
    I don't mind Ross especially if Nash comes to TO. He is a good shooter and yes, we did pass on Drummond (which I wasn't happy about), but I feel Ross was the right pick.
    I like the pick as well, ross is gonna be a baller

Banned

If Steve Nash chooses to become a Raptor, he needs one low post scorer/rebounder (Valenciunas) and three other shooters (Bargnani, Derozan?, Ross?) for his system. It seems to work quite well with Gortat and Frye. It could work even better with Val and Bargs too.

Ross should be okay.