Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345
    Not airballing my layups anymore rustycage's Avatar

Default Re: Naming NBA players who stole a Finals MVP from their teammate

Quote Originally Posted by rmt
    Duncan 20.6 / 14.1 / 2.1 / 2.1 with anchoring the defense vs Manu 18.7 / 5.9 / 4 in '05.
    Game 7, 4th quarter:
    Manu 11 / 3 / 2 vs. Duncan 5 / 2 / 2 with 3 turnovers

No Manu, no party (that is why they lost this year)

I rule the local playground unknowns8's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MP.Trey
    I'm in the very large minority that believes Ray Ray should have won that year.

Broke the NBA Finals record for threes made(at the time) with 22 while averaging 20.3/5.0/2.5 on 50/52/87 percentages.

Averaged more boards, more steals, more blocks, less turnovers than Pierce, and did a great job defending Bryant even though he wasn't the only one tasked with it, he was the most effective IMO. He even held Bryant scoreless for the entire first half of Game 4.

I can see your point and can like 90% agree with ya ... and granted that ray ray did perform extremely well in those finals, but ray ray got tee'd up VERY well for most of his shots ... it doesn't diminish the quality of his stats but the quality of play from the C's team (crisp passing, solid screens) got him those quality shots and that's probably what goes against ray ray, rightly or wrongly

I rule the local playground GoSpursGo1984's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 2010splash
    Kobe stans are fuming right now. But keep in mind that these are simply facts. Kobe has shot-jacked his way to completely awful Finals performances pretty much every time save for 1 or 2 Finals.

In 2010 it was very arguable if Kobe was the Finals MVP. 40 FG% Finals MVP with a 6/24 Game 7? That is incredibly weak. Compare it to Finals MVPs like LeBron 2013 who finishes a team off with a monstrous 37/12/4 and the clutch game-sealing jump shot in Game 7. Very weak.
    Comments like these told me you did not watch the game. It was a defensive game no one shot well and while he did not shoot well Kobe did have a ton of rebounds. Kobe average 10 more points then Gasol and averaged 3 less rebounds despite not being a big man. Kobe haters come up with the dumbest arguments.