Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 41112131415 LastLast
    Banned

Default Re: If American Football wasn't called "football", would it be more popular...

Quote Originally Posted by Balla_Status
    Carlin Isles says hi. He's been touted as the FASTEST rugby play OF ALL TIME. And guess what? He's american and black.

He played american football for awhile...and now plays Rugby sevens. He's without a doubt the fastest rugby player of all time. If you've ever seen him play, if he gets just a little bit of space. Forget about it. That's a try guaranteed. Of course only one of him being like that isn't enough to win the world championship against teams like SA, New Zealand and Australia but imagine seven of him playing in the rugby sevens. They'd wreck shop dude.

Pay attention to the following emoticon:

Banned

Default Re: If American Football wasn't called "football", would it be more popular...

Quote Originally Posted by AngelEyes
    6'7" 287 lb Julius Peppers

They're different kind of athletes specializing in different things.

Julius Peppers would be winded and finished halfway through a rugby match, he couldn't last 90 minutes running 12 KM.

It's like marathon runners vs sprinters-who is the better athlete? Who is tougher? It's foolish to compare athletes in different sports.

If American football players didn't wear pads, they would simply not do the same type of tackles and hits that they do now while covered in padding.

ALSO, the game just gets boring in low stakes regular season matches. Who wants to waste time watching the Cleveland Browns vs the Miami dolphins go 3 and out 3 and out 3 and out every drive with a 3 minute commercial break in between and a 5 minute break between each quarter? It is boring as shit.
    Last edited by Nick Young; 04-21-2013 at 06:24 AM.

I rule the local playground sommervilleCdn's Avatar

[IMG]

click play mofuk@s (wanted to recycle this vid, because it seemed relevant).. this video is a blast http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=Zce-QT7MGSE

/who in their right minds want to watch cleveland browns play anyways? except for their insufferable fans

I rule the local playground sommervilleCdn's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LJJ
    It's a bunch of marginal athletes on steroids running into each other in between commercials.

tl;dr , nice troll

I used to play American fooball as a 4th grade kid in the dirt,snow,ice and sometimes rain with highschoolers .. memories.

Russell Wilson says hi

Johnny Manziel is the ****ing man. 6' 1" 200 lbs. Sure he could gain a little weight if he needed to but his agility gives him the ability to make the plays that wins game. If he bulks up? Who knows.

Plus Manziel is only 20 and won the heisman was a redshirt freshman. He's got time brotha.
    Even Russell is shorter and a solid 6 pounds heavier. But I hear you, dude's a college sophmore/redshirt freshman. He'll bulk up at least 10 pounds before the NFL I think

the Sho Kosugi of ISH -p.tiddy-'s Avatar

Carlin Isles says hi. He's been touted as the FASTEST rugby play OF ALL TIME. And guess what? He's american and black.

He played american football for awhile...and now plays Rugby sevens. He's without a doubt the fastest rugby player of all time. If you've ever seen him play, if he gets just a little bit of space. Forget about it. That's a try guaranteed. Of course only one of him being like that isn't enough to win the world championship against teams like SA, New Zealand and Australia but imagine seven of him playing in the rugby sevens. They'd wreck shop dude.

the fastest rugby player of all time is African American?

this should be a shock to no one except LJJ

______________________ Balla_Status's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by -p.tiddy-
    the fastest rugby player of all time is African American?

this should be a shock to no one except LJJ
    No shit. Look up his highlights on youtube. He absolutely smokes everyone.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gA5bwqVN5LM

Quote Originally Posted by PHX_Phan
    Lol at the reactions in this thread. Americans just think their shit doesn't stink and have the best of everything. Definitely has nothing to do with the fact that athleticism is the top priority in the NFL. I wonder if any of these guys saying this have ever seen a combine?

I remember when I tried comparing real world statistics of NFL players to Rugby players, and found that I had to do a good amount of digging to find anything on top Rugby players other than size and weight. A lot of those guys don't even have any sort of official stats posted. That alone tells me that Rugby does not focus as much attention on athletic ability as the NFL. Do a search on even some of the most obscure names in pro football and you will easily find out their speed, strength and jumping height.

Rugby is more skill-oriented. You can't take a freak athlete and turn him into a great Rugby player like you could in the NFL.
    Which is exactly why LJJ needs to shut the f[COLOR="Black"]uck[/COLOR] up about NFL players being marginal athletes. Thanks for proving our point.

Decent college freshman Vragrant's Avatar

ESPN ranked the toughest sports in the world today based on metrics such as

power
    speed
    agility
    endurance
    flexibility
    nerve(ability to overcome fear)
    durability
    hand/eye coordination
    analytic aptitude

NFL is ranked #3 (boxing ranked #1).

Soccer ranked #10 and Rugby ranked #13.

Link
    http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2...otal_rank#grid

Quote Originally Posted by Vragrant

power
    speed
    agility
    endurance
    flexibility
    nerve(ability to overcome fear)
    durability
    hand/eye coordination
    analytic aptitude

NFL is ranked #3 (boxing ranked #1).

Soccer ranked #10 and Rugby ranked #13.

Link

I agree with boxing being #1...or just "fighting" in general, MMA could be #1 as well

"fighting" uses every single facet of athleticism...

-speed
    -endurance
    -size
    -strength
    -agility
    -coordination
    -etc
    -etc
    -etc

you name it...you need absolutely ALL of it to box/fight

after that though it is the NFL, that is complete BS that hockey would be above the NFL, they don't even have to jump...

Oh yeah, Mitch Kramer? johndeeregreen's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by -p.tiddy-
    after that though it is the NFL, that is complete BS that hockey would be above the NFL, they don't even have to jump...
    That's pretty flimsy reasoning.

In actual fact I agree with you about NFL > hockey in terms of athleticism, but "they don't jump" is a horrible argument and it's definitely a lot closer than you seem to think. That's like saying basketball > hockey because they jump. Like really?

Quote Originally Posted by johndeeregreen
    That's pretty flimsy reasoning.

In actual fact I agree with you about NFL > hockey in terms of athleticism, but "they don't jump" is a horrible argument and it's definitely a lot closer than you seem to think. That's like saying basketball > hockey because they jump. Like really?
    I wasn't trying to claim that was the sole reason or even the main reason...just something that came to mind.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Vragrant

Stopped reading there.

Chuck Hayes Stan Timmy D for MVP's Avatar

I can't believe that this thread is still going and has gotten off topic like this...

And that's on ISH. I guess inciting the NFL stans is a sure fire thing.