Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Default Re: The return of Sonny Weems

Quote Originally Posted by Fiba basketball
    Bold 1 - He only led them in regular season where the weakest teams are in top 16 he isn't leading them and if he doesn't led them in ppg in top 8 he him leading the team in points won't matter because he couldn't do it against better teams .

Bold 2 - And 6 TOs

Also this is his best or 2nd best game in top 16 he usualy plays worse than this .
    I don't know how you can disregard the regular the regular season like that. The games still count. And even if you just take the top 16 he is still third on the team in scoring.

I feel devotion Fiba basketball's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by gabepizza
    I don't know how you can disregard the regular the regular season like that. The games still count. And even if you just take the top 16 he is still third on the team in scoring.
    Because those teams are a lot worse and even one of the worst players on teams like CSKA could have good game against teams like that .

So being 3rd best scorer on your team is a good thing when you can't rebound , play defense or assist ? Only way he can contribute to his team is if he can score 15+ ppg but people look at the points and think he plays very good when he scores 13 or 14 but because of other thing he isn't .

Because those teams are a lot worse and even one of the worst players on teams like CSKA could have good game against teams like that .

So being 3rd best scorer on your team is a good thing when you can't rebound , play defense or assist ? Only way he can contribute to his team is if he can score 15+ ppg but people look at the points and think he plays very good when he scores 13 or 14 but because of other thing he isn't .
    He is tied for 3rd on the team in assists for the top 16 and had some very nice assists yesterday (4) so don't go off saying he can't assist.

Who said offense? Kirilenko was the league MVP and DPOY so he definitely was a top player on CSKA. Weems is leading the team in scoring so he is also one of the leaders of the team. Other teams actually have coaches and scouts too and they will actually try to play defense against a team's top scorer they are not retarded like you.
    You keep using this word "leading" or "lead"............

Kirilenko and Weems have never been "leading" or "lead" any pro team. That implies the player that runs or heads the offense of the team.

That would actually be Teodosic and somewhat also Khryapa, and last year Siskauskas. But mainly Teodosic. Certainly NOTHING to do with either Kirilenko or Weems.

But you say this like "lead the team to the final", "leads the team through the top 16", etc.............

You try to make it sound like a guy standing at the 3 point line on offense "lead his team" to whatever.
    Last edited by Euroleague; 02-15-2013 at 04:48 PM.

This is the same thing over and over. Kirilenko was league MVP and DPOY so not only was he the best player on CSKA he was the best player in the league.

As for Sonny Weems, this is the same discussion I have with FIBA basketball. If a player for one game leads the team in points you can say he got all open shots and lay-ups because of his teammates. If a player leads the team in scoring for the season than he is a team leader. You see, while maybe not on the level of the NBA, Euroleague teams have scouts and coaches too who work. They scout their opponents and will try to stop or at least slow a team's leading scorer.

And I did watch the game. Yes Weems finished lots of great passes but also passed to his teammate for his 4 assists. He was a major component of a team that just eviscerated Panathinaikos.
    Sorry, but no he was not.

As for Weems, he is limited on offense, period. Without Teodosic, he would not score more than 10 a game on that team. He's nowhere near to being one of the better scorers in Euroleague.

I would describe Weems as a poor man's Linas Kleiza (prior to the micro fracture surgery). Weems is a good player, maybe even a very good one, but he's clearly not as good as you say he is - not even close to that.

You have this bizarre fascination with overrating a select few of Euroleague players like Rubio, Jennings, Lawson, Dragic, Childress, Bobby Brown, Weems......it's really odd.
    Last edited by Euroleague; 02-15-2013 at 04:44 PM.

I would argue 4th best player, I don't know how you can call a teams leading scorers, 2nd in mpg, 3rd in apg, 5 in rpg their 5th or 6th best player. Still as a team's 4th best player it will be hard to get selected to an all-Euroleague team/ The headline of this post is "the return of Sonny Weems". He had a few bad games and was injured, now he seems to be back. Let's see how he does for the rest of the top 16 and the quarter-finals.

He is not only leading his team in points, he is 6th in the whole league, something to look at too.
    Stats, stats, stats, stats. You are a stats whore that can't properly judge basketball.

Quote Originally Posted by Euroleague
    Sorry, but no he was not.

As for Weems, he is limited on offense, period. Without Teodosic, he would not score more than 10 a game on that team. He's nowhere near to being one of the better scorers in Euroleague.

I would describe Weems as a poor man's Linas Kleiza (prior to the micro fracture surgery). Weems is a good player, maybe even a very good one, but he's clearly not as good as you say he is - not even close to that.

You have this bizarre fascination with overrating a select few of Euroleague players like Rubio, Jennings, Lawson, Dragic, Childress, Bobby Brown, Weems......it's really odd.

Well according to actual Euroleague, not some poster who uses the name Euroleague, Kirilenko was the most valuable player and the defensive player of the year in Euroleague. So coming from the actual league of Euroleague...yes he was.

He is tied for 3rd on the team in assists for the top 16 and had some very nice assists yesterday (4) so don't go off saying he can't assist.
    For every assit he has a turnover , he averages 2 apg and 2 tpg so no he can't assist .

For every assit he has a turnover , he averages 2 apg and 2 tpg so no he can't assist .

So we're taking turnovers into account when judging assists then? Well Teodosic averages 5 apg and over 3 tpg so he really isn't that great at assists either than.

So we're taking turnovers into account when judging assists then? Well Teodosic averages 5 apg and over 3 tpg so he really isn't that great at assists either than.
    Thats why you need to watch games to see how good someone is and not to watch the stats .

If you counted the assits in Europe the sam way you do in NBA Teodosic would have around 10 assists but Weems would still have 2 or maybe 3 because only time Weems passes is when he can get an assists in othere words when his teammate is wide open .

And Teodosic doesn't have over 3 tpg he averages 2.9 I think

Well according to actual Euroleague, not some poster who uses the name Euroleague, Kirilenko was the most valuable player and the defensive player of the year in Euroleague. So coming from the actual league of Euroleague...yes he was.
    No he was not. Using your logic Karl Malone and Charles Barkley were better than Michael Jordan just because they won NBA MVP and Jordan didn't. Again, you show what an idiot you are.

You suffer from what is known as black and white thinking disease.

John Wooden said that the best player in the league is always the guy that is first in turnovers. He said it was an absolute fact of basketball actually.

Thats why you need to watch games to see how good someone is and not to watch the stats .

If you counted the assits in Europe the sam way you do in NBA Teodosic would have around 10 assists but Weems would still have 2 or maybe 3 because only time Weems passes is when he can get an assists in othere words when his teammate is wide open .

And Teodosic doesn't have over 3 tpg he averages 2.9 I think
    :25 nice pass by Weems.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uzPnz0uOlgI

Also how about the block by Farmar?
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YTZuEiV1Eks

Reminds Llull that he is not being guarded by some unathletic Euroleague guard like Spanoulis but by "Michael" Jordan Farmar!

Quote Originally Posted by Euroleague
    John Wooden said that the best player in the league is always the guy that is first in turnovers. He said it was an absolute fact of basketball actually.
    Thats stupid .

Using that logic Planinic is best player in Europe .

And you only said that because Spanoulis is one of the players with most tos in EL history .

:25 nice pass by Weems.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uzPnz0uOlgI

Also how about the block by Farmar?
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YTZuEiV1Eks

Reminds Llull that he is not being guarded by some unathletic Euroleague guard like Spanoulis but by "Michael" Jordan Farmar!
    That isn't Llull . You don't even know names of players .

It was a nice pass from Weems but thats the only kind of pass I saw him do this season and he does it only 2 times in a game .