Page 17 of 25 FirstFirst ... 714151617181920 ... LastLast

Thread: Homeland

NBA sixth man of the year Thorpesaurous's Avatar

Default Re: Homeland

I found the whole thing a little strange. The way they sussed out Brody's death slowly was odd to me. I thought for sure he'd die in the office, and we'd get a half hour roller coaster ride of an emotional Carrie trying to escape Tehran. Instead a show that really hasn't chased this slow rolling melodrama melted out this Brody dieing scenario super slowly. Almost like they were teasing the audience with his survival, half antagonistically.

Then when they do kill him, they have 20 minutes left, and do a 4 month forward time jump, where they tie up a bunch of loose ends, and it really did feel like a series finale.

With another season booked, this does feel like a pretty big reboot. They can go in a ton of directions. My guess is that Carrie's issues with the new boss over Brody continue to boil. She's been given hiring autonomy at her new position in Istanbul, which means she can bring Quinn, who they're going to throw at her romantically, and she can hire out Saul as a third party, to help dig into whatever issues that position has with the guy the new director forced her to keep on.
    And that guy she was forced to keep on will probably wind up having some connection with Dar Adul, which will lead to some kind of mentor mentee issue with Quinn and Dar. All while Jhavadi sends riddled info to them via Saul about the CIA not running above board with them.

Something in that direction.

I do think the show did it's on location stuff pretty well from the jump, so a season starting in Istanbull will be cool enough to get me started again.

Quote Originally Posted by KingBeasley08
    Main character is Carrie. Always was. Dude was supposed to die in season 1 and season 2 but fvcking Showtime didn't allow the creators to do it both times
    They didn't, so he is. Period.

Old School Cool brandonislegend's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bless Mathews
    Carrie is the main character of the show....

Quote Originally Posted by Bless Mathews
    No, not period. Carrie has always been the main character, and will continue being so.

Sucked to see Brody go out that way. Dude was tortured for 8 years, lived through some crazy shit once back home, ended up in a Venezuelan slum suffering for a long time, and ends up being publicly hanged? Really wanted him to go out in a blaze of glory.

Don't see how they're going to retain the viewership they've had now that pretty much every single loose end was tied up.

NBA rookie of the year

Quote Originally Posted by ItsMillerTime
    No, not period. Carrie has always been the main character, and will continue being so.

Sucked to see Brody go out that way. Dude was tortured for 8 years, lived through some crazy shit once back home, ended up in a Venezuelan slum suffering for a long time, and ends up being publicly hanged? Really wanted him to go out in a blaze of glory.

Don't see how they're going to retain the viewership they've had now that pretty much every single loose end was tied up.
    They're gonna have to do some heavy promoting leading up to the next season. As much as Brody's character has run it's course, many viewers watched the show BECAUSE of him and will discontinue because he is gone. It's not like The Wire/Sopranos where they can kill off a major character and move on.

Quote Originally Posted by Tarik One
    They're gonna have to do some heavy promoting leading up to the next season. As much as Brody's character has run it's course, many viewers watched the show BECAUSE of him and will discontinue because he is gone. It's not like The Wire/Sopranos where they can kill off a major character and move on.
    Exactly. All the main story lines , he was main part of it. Smh.

Quote Originally Posted by bladefd
    I wish they had kept Saul as the CIA director. Now we get to deal with this sly SithLord Palpatine-wannabe director. He annoys the hell out of me. Saul was awesome and will be missed.
    BTW - Is Dar a double-agent spy or what? He turned on Saul just like that.
    Dar is a ridiculous name for an american character. Anybody know if he was Dar in the original series.

Saul is coming back. They announced that. And F. Murray Abraham is awesome. He is not a SithLord Palpatine-wannabe, he's a Salieri-wannabe.

Krust Kingz

They did allow Brody to get redeemed. So that was cool. Nice ending.

Probably will continue to watch the show just to see what happens to the baby situation but Carrie's psycho BS I just cant deal with.

Get him a body bag! Patrick Chewing's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rameek
    but Carrie's psycho BS I just cant deal with.

And that ugly monkey face she makes when she's about to flip out and when she's frazzled. Ugh, I just want to punch the screen.

I can't tell if it's just that Claire Danes is just that ugly or what.
    Last edited by Patrick Chewing; 12-17-2013 at 07:52 PM.

Krust Kingz

I may not be able to handle finding out what happened to the baby

Get him a body bag! Patrick Chewing's Avatar

Ahhh damn don't do that to me!!! Her face is permanently going to be stuck like that after she pops that kid out. I take it back, she should abort, abort, abort!

YouGotServed
    Fan in the Stands (unregistered)

Brody was the main reason I watched Homeland. How are you going to kill him and go on with the show? Why would I tune in for a fourth season? I don't care about Carrie's ****ing baby. Saul is annoying as shit and the rest of the characters suck too.

The show should of ended last Sunday. A fourth season is stupid and silly.

Oh yeah, Mitch Kramer? johndeeregreen's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Chewing
    I can't tell if it's just that Claire Danes is just that ugly or what.
    It is. She's not ghastly, but she has one of those faces like Skyler White that just make me cringe.
    Last edited by johndeeregreen; 12-17-2013 at 09:00 PM.

For those that missed the finale, let me give you quick rundown of what happened. Brody was in a diner, waiting seated in a booth. Journey's song "Don't Stop Believing" was playing background. Brody's just looking at the songs on that diner booth jukebox. He orders onion rings....some Iranian guy was just staring at Brody, but Brody was oblivious. Iranian guy goes to the bathroom. Brody keeps looking at the door. He eats a couple onion rings. Music gets louder. Finally, as Carrie is rushing towards the diner and gets inside, Brody looks up and everything just went black and silent. Show over.

Very bizarre ending. I guess we assume Brody's dead. Kinda seemed familiar to me, but whatever......living in a lonely world.......

NBA sixth man of the year Thorpesaurous's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bagelred
    For those that missed the finale, let me give you quick rundown of what happened. Brody was in a diner, waiting seated in a booth. Journey's song "Don't Stop Believing" was playing background. Brody's just looking at the songs on that diner booth jukebox. He orders onion rings....some Iranian guy was just staring at Brody, but Brody was oblivious. Iranian guy goes to the bathroom. Brody keeps looking at the door. He eats a couple onion rings. Music gets louder. Finally, as Carrie is rushing towards the diner and gets inside, Brody looks up and everything just went black and silent. Show over.

Very bizarre ending. I guess we assume Brody's dead. Kinda seemed familiar to me, but whatever......living in a lonely world.......
    It was Dana Brody who was late to dinner because she couldn't parallell park, not Carrie.