Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Default Re: Assassin's Creed 4

The protagonist seems to be directly related to Connor as his last name is Kenway.

Interesting.

Gooner | Heat Nation EnoughSaid's Avatar

Here is a backup link:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=2Yp3uWUTFGg

Other one got taken down.

So I'm guessing we'll have a new main guy? And then he's going to go into the Animus and be Edward. Hmmm okay.

I still don't understand why instead of going for a huge city with buildings and rooftops and all that, they go for islands and ships? Come on man. AC used to be all about climbing and scaling huge structures and playing through iconic locations. They should have done China. Beijing specifically.

why I even like Rondo CeltsGarlic's Avatar

History was one of the core strengths of the game..

I don't think I mind the change of direction all that much. Edward seems to have potential. AC got to where it is with the parkour stuff and large structure but I don't mind the game evolving into something a bit different. I'd rather spend money on a game that continues to change while hopefully maintaining quality than the same game that just changes location every year.

Gooner | Heat Nation EnoughSaid's Avatar

If Edward is anything like Ezio, this game will be the shit. Looks like he likes to bang bitches, drink and party though, so it's all good.

Pirates are fvcking awesome

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Jailblazers7
    I don't think I mind the change of direction all that much. Edward seems to have potential. AC got to where it is with the parkour stuff and large structure but I don't mind the game evolving into something a bit different. I'd rather spend money on a game that continues to change while hopefully maintaining quality than the same game that just changes location every year.
    i agree with all of this completely. what has made the assassin's creed series interesting is that continue to try new shit. some of it has worked really well and some of it has sucked but that is better than them making the same game every single time, which they could have done after they figured out what they were doing and made a successful game with ac 2.

My only thing is the last AC and to a far lesser degree Revelations weren't very assassin-like. They seem to be getting away from the core idea of what made the first three games anywhere between great and perfect.

There were FAR less missions in III that involved sneaking into a place and figuring out the best way to assassinate a target, get a chest or two if you wanted, and then escape.

I'm fine with them changing it up and expanding I LOVED the addition of seas battles and thought they were terrific, the brotherhoods were terrific etc. But to some degree there are certain things that you have to have to make it a real AC game: a great environment, tough puzzles, stealth assassinations and things like that which recently they've stepped away from.

Quote Originally Posted by Rose
    My only thing is the last AC and to a far lesser degree Revelations weren't very assassin-like. They seem to be getting away from the core idea of what made the first three games anywhere between great and perfect.

There were FAR less missions in III that involved sneaking into a place and figuring out the best way to assassinate a target, get a chest or two if you wanted, and then escape.

I'm fine with them changing it up and expanding I LOVED the addition of seas battles and thought they were terrific, the brotherhoods were terrific etc. But to some degree there are certain things that you have to have to make it a real AC game: a great environment, tough puzzles, stealth assassinations and things like that which recently they've stepped away from.
    Idk I kind of got my assassin fix from sneaking into the forts and taking control of them. It was similar to the Brotherhood towers.

Brotherhood was the best for the assassin kills and missions tho. That game was the ****ing best.

I disagree. The assassination contracts in AC2 were the best. They added so many more of them in the DLCs too.

I agree that there wasn't enough sneaky assassin stuff in Revelations and AC3. They didn't even bother with the truth puzzles type stuff in the last one. You guys remember the puzzles from AC2? So awesome.

I might go back and play AC2 over again. I actually planned my honeymoon based on that game.

Never messed around with the contracts in AC2. Guess I should check those out.

Quote Originally Posted by nightprowler10
    I disagree. The assassination contracts in AC2 were the best. They added so many more of them in the DLCs too.

I agree that there wasn't enough sneaky assassin stuff in Revelations and AC3. They didn't even bother with the truth puzzles type stuff in the last one. You guys remember the puzzles from AC2? So awesome.

I might go back and play AC2 over again. I actually planned my honeymoon based on that game.
    I bought ac2 because it was on sale last week, never beat it. Got stuck in the go north east south and west in the church. Could not do two of the directions. Simply quit. I hope to beat it this time.

Ac2 was the perfect balance of gameplay IMO. It had everything but you could do it in a different ways, you could just walk in and murder everyone if you were good enough and had good armor, but if you wanted to be an assassin you could. And they completely stepped away from that, which is where I disagree with you jail blazers, the forts seemed ridiculously easy to just walk up to kill 4 guards, and then kill everyone inside.

One thing that concerns me, is how they're going to explain Edward being an assassin but his son going to the Templars. They can't really play on history like they could with Connor. Or at least not to the best of my knowledge anyways.

Well, I tried to stealth my way through the forts. No point in me playing the game if my plan is to just walk up to the guards and start murdering people. At that point it just becomes a button mashing game and I would have already ruined the playing experience for myself.

They could avoid stuff like this if they found a way to incorporate different levels of difficulty in the gameplay but its prob not worth it to do so.

Good college starter Noob Saibot's Avatar

AC2 had the best story, AC Brotherhood had the coolest missions, and AC: Revelations had the best variety of multi-player games. ACIII meh, best hunting?

I should've known ACIV would pick up off the the navy missions of ACIII.