Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567
    Lets GO PENS!

Default Re: Hate to say it ... Lebron is overrated

Oh my. I would counter your argument richie but its to much work because nothing is gonna change. You will still continue to say Wade is better and I will say LeBron is better.

No one changes there opinions and it is a waste of time to argue about things that can not be proven.

Not airballing my layups anymore

10 years from now we see how overated LBJ is when he will be in the same light as some of the greatest players ever to play and has won like 3 championships.

Not airballing my layups anymore

10 years from now we see how overated LBJ is when he will be in the same light as some of the greatest players ever to play and has won like 3 championships.

-primetime-
    Fan in the Stands (unregistered)

Quote Originally Posted by Richie2k6
    Starting a franchise and near a superstar? I'd probably pick Lebron, simply becaue he doesn't get injured as much and is more valuable, not because he is better, which I don't think he is. Valubility and skill are two different things. But if it's Game 7 of the NBA Finals, give me Dwyane Wade in a heartbeat instantly.
    nice post...

I can see your angle and understand why you would have Wade over Lebron

you did however, fail to mention the refs

and once again you make Shaq presence seem as though it didn't matter...

when it is all said and done between us we both agree that lebron is the more valuble player...and that is more of my point...I would rather have a bigger, taller, younger star than an injury prone star that has slightly (very slightly) better numbers...

nice post...

I can see your angle and understand why you would have Wade over Lebron
    I applaud you for finally realizing it.
    you did however, fail to mention the refs
    I did talk about how the refs affected the Finals.
    and once again you make Shaq presence seem as though it didn't matter...
    I never said she wasn't useful AT ALL, I just said he wasn't as useful as you're making him out to be.

I usually hit open layups

Quote Originally Posted by Cannonball
    Oh my. I would counter your argument richie but its to much work because nothing is gonna change. You will still continue to say Wade is better and I will say LeBron is better.

No one changes there opinions and it is a waste of time to argue about things that can not be proven.
    good point...I just dont get how richie can say that he thinks wade is better than lebron but at the same time he would take lebron when hes starting a team

Quote Originally Posted by d-wade2923
    good point...I just dont get how richie can say that he thinks wade is better than lebron but at the same time he would take lebron when hes starting a team
    I said simply because of the fact that Lebron gets injured less. Again, skill and valubility are two different things. Everybody knows Steve Nash is better than Dwight Howard. But when you're starting a franchise, you obviously pick Howard, because he's young and has a hughe upside, while Nash is 34 and on the very edge of his prime.

Yes, Lebron is definitely overrated. He somehow found a way to put up 30/7/7 and people make infinite comparisons to alltime greats. 30/7/7 is great and everything, but stats like this do not make you an instant legend as many people are calling him. If he single-handedly took over the Spurs series and put up 40/10/10 every game...ok, people could begin to talk. However, as everyone knows, he blundered miserably his first go-round. That isn't to say he won't go insane in the playoffs someday, but right now, legend + lebron = cannot be in the same sentence/paragraph/book.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Fudge's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dbrog
    Yes, Lebron is definitely overrated. He somehow found a way to put up 30/7/7 and people make infinite comparisons to alltime greats. 30/7/7 is great and everything, but stats like this do not make you an instant legend as many people are calling him. If he single-handedly took over the Spurs series and put up 40/10/10 every game...ok, people could begin to talk. However, as everyone knows, he blundered miserably his first go-round. That isn't to say he won't go insane in the playoffs someday, but right now, legend + lebron = cannot be in the same sentence/paragraph/book.
    No one (I hope) called him a legend. Who the **** said that?

How can any person, on the face of this planet, single-handedly take the Spurs? Tell me. A person playing right now. Spit it out. It's the Spurs, the best team playing in the world right now, possibly. And asking a 22 year old to go insane and put up those numbers proposd? 40/10/10 is a bit of darn stretch. Not to mention, on Bowen? Pff.

Decent college freshman Ben Simmons 25's Avatar

egokiller alt detected

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Manny98's Avatar

Damm so this was Straight_Bitchmades OG account

Serious playground baller Nowoco's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by t-mac#1

We gonna act like time travelling isn't a real thing?

Quote Originally Posted by mlh1981
    First off, LeBron is still 22 years old. Many 22 years old in the league just finished up their rookie season. He is still learning and growing. Everyone has to face adversity and hard times before the reach the mountaintop. It took Jordan many times before he was able to overcome the Pistons and get to the finals.

As for the level of competition, true the east sucks, but they still had to show up, execute, and make shots. Would they have made it to the finals if they were in the western conference? Hell no. HOwever, the real world isn't about hypotheticals. They played the hand that they were dealt, and did something that no other Cleveland team has ever done
    Such a long time ago and even back then people were talking about how much the East sucked. Not even debating it, just a common fact, sky is blue kind of mentions. All these years later, and it still sucks. And just like mlh1981 said while defending Lebron, he wouldn't have made it to the Finals if he played in the West.

If he only knew that Lebron would one day go to the West and on his first try miss the playoffs.