Default lakers, pls do not trade draft pick!!!

pls pick Rui Hachimura!!! plssssss!!!!

Default Re: lakers, pls do not trade draft pick!!!

Raptors...

If you want Rui, you can probably deal #4 to Atlanta for #8 and #10, get Rui and Bol.

I personally would rather try to figure out a way to keep Lonzo rather than get Kyrie.

I would trade Ingram, Hart, Wagner, #4 pick and 2 more 1st rounders for AD. I would be willing to add Kuzma. You may need to add a 3rd team in the mix.

That would still leave a max deal open. But now you have Lonzo, LeBron and AD as your core. Only thing missing is a sg and sf/pf (LeBron can play either position). You offer max to Durant, Kawhi and Klay - whoever accepts, you sign. Obviously I would want KD or Kawhi.

NBA lottery pick

Quote Originally Posted by bladefd
    I personally would rather try to figure out a way to keep Lonzo rather than get Kyrie.

I would trade Ingram, Hart, Wagner, #4 pick and 2 more 1st rounders for AD. I would be willing to add Kuzma. You may need to add a 3rd team in the mix.

That would still leave a max deal open. But now you have Lonzo, LeBron and AD as your core. Only thing missing is a sg and sf/pf (LeBron can play either position). You offer max to Durant, Kawhi and Klay - whoever accepts, you sign. Obviously I would want KD or Kawhi.
    I'm against completely gutting the team for AD. I think it's tough to have the depth to really compete that way. All for trying to move the pick and a really good player. Look at the stats that Kuzma had last season. That is quite a 2nd season. You have to get to Kawhi's 5th season to see numbers like that. Look at what Anthony Davis put up in his 2nd season. Very similar. AD was better, but man it's not far off.

Ingram actually had a really good season too. He stepped up. A lot of us were worried he could possibly bust. He now looks like he could be an all-star caliber player. Compare his 3rd season stats to that of Kawhi. Far better actually.

I think it's odd how people say Tatum is the best trade chip getting offered for AD. I think by far it's Kuzma or Ingram. I think they both could end up being all-star caliber players. If they want both of those guys then they aren't getting much else. Maybe the draft pick. But you don't get the rest of the young guys now too. You can't make a Carmelo like trade. The Knicks can't offer a better package. Kevin Knox and Dennis Smith Jr + a pick is nice but it's not as good. The Celtics aren't going to give away everyone. Tatum or Brown and picks. The Lakers have the best assets to offer. No reason to get rid of them all.

One thing we don't take into consideration enough is a big part of what happened last season was injuries. The team would have certainly made the playoffs if it wasn't for that. These young guys can play and will definitely be better next season. I just hate giving them all away to other teams so they can excel there. Look at Russell and Randle. Same thing will happen with Kuzma and Ingram. Sure you have to give up something good to get something good in return. All for that. I'm not into giving up the whole team.

NBA lottery pick

If the Lakers keep the pick I think we need to look at Deandre Hunter, Cam Reddish, or Jarret Culver. Rui Hacnimura is definitely below those guys. They would be crazy to take him at 4. I don't like trading down for potential. If they are forced to keep the pick then they need to have someone who can help this season.

dd24-

If you have LeBron on your squad, you are in win-now mode. I don't think Ingram or Kuzma are right if you are in win-now.. Both are potentials who may or may not become stars..

I have no trust in Kuzma's decision-making and shot selection. His defense is erratic and unreliable. I know he can improve but potential is never guaranteed. We have no time to wait around 2-3 years to see if he may become a star. If that's the goal (to wait) then you might as well trade LeBron now.

Ingram doesn't fit the team next to LeBron.. He has no range and is too inconsistent of a shooter to be playing SG. He will be better elsewhere where he can run the offense and be a primary ball-handler. As long as LeBron is here, Ingram will never get that role. You want either LeBron or Ingram, and I definitely choose LeBron.

AD would be a guaranteed superstar commodity for the next 10 years. Even in his decline in his mid-30s, he will be a good starter because of his versatility ala Tim Duncan.

Keep in mind we can sign AD to a 5yr deal in summer 2020.. That would be awesome. We can build the whole team around him once LeBron is gone, and we are certain he would be a top 10 player at the bare minimum, most likely top 5. We have no idea if Kuzma or Ingram will ever be a top 5 player in all of NBA or even top 5 at their own position.

I hope to hold onto Lonzo or Kuzma so at least we have something left to keep around AD. The optimal guy to keep would be Lonzo because he plays great defense and is a very good playmaker. You also can't lay all your eggs in your frontcourt and have no backcourt.

It would still leave enough money for a max money player! You typically need 2 great players & 1 solid role-player to win a chip. 3 elite players and Lonzo (or Kuzma) would be spectacular to see. If that max player is Kawhi or Klay, your core is set for a decade potentially (KD is 30, Kyrie is showing signs of being injury-prone). You will always be able to find veteran role players willing to sign for minimum if you have AD, LeBron, Kawhi/Klay/KD/Kyrie, and Lonzo.
    Last edited by bladefd; 05-15-2019 at 04:47 PM.

NBA lottery pick

If you gut the team completely there won't be the depth to get it done. Kawhi was traded for DeMar DeRozan, Jakob Poeltl and a protected 2019 first-round pick. He's considered one of the top 3 or 4 players in the league. Insane to move an entire team for one player. Ask NY how that worked out and look at where Denver is at now. Young guys can produce. We've seen them do big things in the playoffs before. This would have been a very good team without the injuries. I would really like to get AD here. I do agree to get him they are going to need to give fair value. I don't think they need to do something unprecedented in trades though.

Quote Originally Posted by dd24
    If you gut the team completely there won't be the depth to get it done. Kawhi was traded for DeMar DeRozan, Jakob Poeltl and a protected 2019 first-round pick. He's considered one of the top 3 or 4 players in the league. Insane to move an entire team for one player. Ask NY how that worked out and look at where Denver is at now. Young guys can produce. We've seen them do big things in the playoffs before. This would have been a very good team without the injuries. I would really like to get AD here. I do agree to get him they are going to need to give fair value. I don't think they need to do something unprecedented in trades though.
    You can easily sign veteran depth if you have a superteam to sell. I'm not worried about signing depth.. Look at the LeBron/Wade/Bosh Miami Heat and Warriors last few years. Veterans were lining up to sign with them for veterans minimum and they still had full MLE to work with each season. You need something to sell veterans on - championship-caliber core, big market, and historic organization is as good as it gets.

Kawhi was moved for that little because nobody was willing to offer more for a potential 1yr rental off a brutal quad injury who said he would sign only in LA or NY. We will see if that still happens. If it does then Toronto gave up Derozan for a 1yr rental.

Carmelo was a chucker towards the end of his prime, didn't play defense and had terrible attitude. Not even close to AD. You also can't build a team around Carmelo like you could around AD.

The only other option is to trade LeBron. I don't think that's a smart move unless if you can get something crazy good for him.. Like top 3 pick or AD-swap or another superstar. I don't see any of that happening..

if we keep it, darrius garland.

other than that, going from potential 12 to 4 is big for the fact we got more leverage in AD deal plus Tatum looked like he regressed. if we get AD, the chips will fall and our outlook is that much better for free agency.

AD to Lakers is probably dead.. if this report on yahoo is true..

We have been told, I think, through channels – most of us have heard this same scuttlebutt – that Gayle Benson has basically told him, “To the Lakers, over my dead body.”
    Ah well. It's time to forget about AD, guys. He will probably be traded to Knicks. We have to offer max to Kawhi, Durant, Klay and Kyrie. Whoever accepts, you sign (focus on Kawhi/KD/Klay though).

3-time NBA All-Star Lakers Legend#32's Avatar

Why trade 75% of our assets for a player who will be available next summer? (AD)