Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Default Re: Why do people always think if an older player played today they would be WAY better?

Baylor would probably be listed at 6-7 today.

Cuba

Default Re: Why do people always think if an older player played today they would be WAY better?

Quote Originally Posted by CavaliersFTW
    My bad - the NY daily news says Dwight went from 6-9 to 7 feet tall now

So, foreground vs background, damn dude you're starting to break down with troll like attempts.

Here they are on a more even plane -

Cuba

By the way, I find it interesting that the Daily news isn't a viable source to you, but Chip McGee from the San Francisco Gazette circa 1963 saying Wilt could bench press a Soviet tank is a lot more believable.

Quote Originally Posted by abuC
    So, foreground vs background, damn dude you're starting to break down with troll like attempts.

Here they are on a more even plane -

Bill all hunkered down with Dwight 1 foot closer to the camera nice try

http://phillyburbs.csnphilly.com/02/...blockID=657716

[QUOTE=Andre Iguodala]

By the way, I find it interesting that the Daily news isn't a viable source to you, but Chip McGee from the San Francisco Gazette circa 1963 saying Wilt could bench press a Soviet tank is a lot more believable.
    Drowning in defeat

Cuba

Bill all hunkered down with Dwight 1 foot closer to the camera nice try

Didn't you just try to post a picture of Russell much closer to the camera?

Also, when did Andre Iguodala become the lord of all things height related. Why are you so pressed too, Dwight growing an inch puts him at 6"11 in shoes, I have a source saying he grew an inch after getting drafted, all you have is Andre Iguodala's twitter feed.

I like how this has turned into an argument over Dwights height, and not the underlying issue which is Baylor would not be scoring 25+ppg, dude shot 43% for his career and you're trying to tell me he's gonna come into the league today and get buckets

Cuba

Drowning in defeat :

You proved my point too, Andre Iguodala with the visual tape measure is a better source than Dwight's own team.

By the way, Chris Bosh was 6"11 1/2 in shoes and 6"10 1/4 without -

Dwight is 6"11 in shoes, deal with it.

I hit open 5-foot jumpshots with ease

ITT: Some guy with no idea on how travel rules have evolved through the years attempts to argue about stuff he's never researched.

Cuba

Quote Originally Posted by Colbertnation64
    ITT: Some guy with no idea on how travel rules have evolved through the years attempts to argue about stuff he's never researched.

We've seen these guys play in international ball with much more strict rules in regards to traveling and carrying, they still have advanced handles. Keep moving the goal posts though.

Didn't you just try to post a picture of Russell much closer to the camera?

Also, when did Andre Iguodala become the lord of all things height related. Why are you so pressed too, Dwight growing an inch puts him at 6"11 in shoes, I have a source saying he grew an inch after getting drafted, all you have is Andre Iguodala's twitter feed.

I like how this has turned into an argument over Dwights height, and not the underlying issue which is Baylor would not be scoring 25+ppg, dude shot 43% for his career and you're trying to tell me he's gonna come into the league today and get buckets
    except that I have a source that claims he was only 6-9, and 6-10.25 in shoes + a player who says a 70 year old Bill Russell (who measured 6-9 and 5/8ths barefoot when young) is taller than Dwight Howard.

you have a source that claims he grew an inch to the full "7 feet tall" (funny, seeing as how he only ever measured 6-9... or at best, 6-10.25 "with the shoes he brought to draft camp") meaning said source never did any legit research in the first place to learn that Dwight never in fact measured to 6-11. That same 6-11 height that u tried to use as an excuse to say "well Dwight got listed 6-11 cause he grew an inch". No. Dwight listed 6-11 immediately cause players exaggerate their size to inflate their stock. That article wouldn't have come up with such a phony 6-11 to 7-0 claim to begin with if this wasn't true , they even tried to exaggerate his height further to 7-0 The article is straight up flawed from the get go. It aint credible bro.

The NBA, where players get bigger and bigger and bigger and bigger and bigger. [COLOR="White"]On paper[/COLOR]
    Last edited by CavaliersFTW; 08-28-2012 at 10:43 PM.

Cuba

except that I have a source that claims he was only 6-9, and 6-10.25 in shoes + a player who says he's taller than Dwight Howard

you have a source that claims he grew an inch to the full "7 feet tall" (funny, seeing as how he only ever measured 6-9... or at best, 6-10.25 "with the shoes he brought to draft camp") meaning said source never did any legit research in the first place to learn that Dwight never in fact measured to 6-11. That same 6-11 height that u tried to use as an excuse to say "well Dwight got listed 6-11 cause he grew into it". No. Dwight listed 6-11 immediately otherwise that article wouldn't have come up with such a phony number to begin with , and they even tried to exaggerate his height further to 7-0 The article is straight up flawed from the get go. It aint credible bro.

The NBA, where players get bigger and bigger and bigger and bigger and bigger. [COLOR="White"]On paper[/COLOR]

I only read the first sentence, apparently you stop growing at 18, and you have a learning disability that doesn't allow you to process the thought that they are listing his height with shoes on.

And instead of using a tape measure at the NBA Combine, they should just bring in Andre Iguodala.

I only read the title. Took sleeping pill and I'm too tired.

There's 2 reasons. For centers, it's the lack of quality centers in this era, so people assume that the Ewing's of the world will have an easier times not going up against the Olajuwon's of the world. When it comes to perimeter players, since the league change the rules to make it significantly better, and as a result it's what happened, people assume that the Drexler's of the world will also do better.

I only read the first sentence, apparently you stop growing at 18, and you have a learning disability that doesn't allow you to process the thought that they are listing his height with shoes on.

And instead of using a tape measure at the NBA Combine, they should just bring in Andre Iguodala.
    6-10.25? So that means he should have grown to the full 6-11.25 right?

Where in the article did it say that? To me it looks like it said 7 feet

Your drowning in defeat.

Cuba

6-10.25? So that means he should have grown to the full 6-11.25 right?

Where in the article did it say that? To me it looks like it said 7 feet

Your drowning in defeat.

Reading comprehension isn't your strong point

arriving for training camp at right around 7-feet.
    It didn't explicitly state he was 7 feet tall, just around there, Im right around 6"2......since I'm 6"1 and 3/4ths. I don't tell people I'm 6"2, just like he doesn't tell people he's 7 feet, hence he's listed at 6"11.

Have you finally understood such a daunting topic? You have no opinion on why he's taller than Chris Bosh in sneakers which says enough.
    Last edited by abuC; 08-28-2012 at 10:54 PM.

Reading comprehension isn't your strong point

It didn't explicitly state he was 7 feet tall, just around there, Im right around 6"2......since I'm 6"1 and 3/4ths. I don't tell people I'm 6"2, just like he doesn't tell people he's 7 feet, hence he's listed at 6"11.

Have you finally understood such a daunting topic? No opinion on why he's taller than Chris Bosh in sneakers....
    Yes, I understand that the NBA never learned how to round a decimal. They think that 6-10.25 = "6-11". And that Dwight grew an inch according to the NY post to the "full 7 feet".

Or

Dwight lied about his list height, and a poorly written obscure NY article states (based on nothing whatsoever) that Dwight grew an inch from his 6-11 height (which the editor thinks was his real height, despite it not being his real height) to "7 feet tall". Dwight is in fact, shorter than a 70+ year old Bill Russell. Who once listed only 6-9 (also untrue, but for different reasons) and is by now, probably barely over 6-9 himself - seeing as how when he was in his prime he was no more than 6-9 and 5/8ths. Keep drowning son. The NBA makes up list heights, it isn't based on "shoes". It isn't based on anything. It's inconsistent, it's whatever the player wants it to be. And in the past 30 years, players have exaggerated the number beyond reality a lot more so than the years prior.
    Last edited by CavaliersFTW; 08-28-2012 at 11:01 PM.