Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast
    Curry: 0x Finals MVP SilkkTheShocker's Avatar

Default Re: Option 1:Wade + Bosh Option 2: Shaq

Definitely Shaq. By far the most dominant player ever. LeBron's FG% would be even higher playing with Shaq. And this is from someone that thinks Wade/Bosh are both criminally underrated.

Quote Originally Posted by plowking
    Some of you have your lips so far up your favorite players ass that you can't admit the surrounding player(s) were better than a player you don't like.

Anyone with a brain would take Shaq over Wade and Bosh. You Kobe jock riders are idiots who don't even actually believe your own f*cking arguments. You just look stupid. Lakers Shaq with current Bron would make current Bron the second option more than likely. More than likely he does that to every player that ever played. He was that good.
    Even to pair him with Lebron? You do realize you're saying that despite the fact that Lebron's style of play could do nothing for dominant centers who can't shoot, right?

He is lucky he's got Wade, Bosh, and a bunch of great shooters/defenders. If he was as good as you homers are trying to make him out to be, he would win multiple rings with the same cast minus Wade. But as long as he's got Wade, we'll never know how good he could have been, and we'll always remember how he came up short year after year prior to teaming up with him (even once after, despite Wade playing at an FMVP level).

Quote Originally Posted by Yao Ming's Foot
    Sounds pretty sweet. It's too bad Shaq and Lebron were never teammates so we could see this perfect symmetry play out.
    Shaq missed 1/3 the season in Cleveland and was in his late 30s.

Past-prime Shaq in 06 was still getting heavy attention on defense. Can you imagine prime Shaq and prime LeBron on the same team? They win 70 games and the championship. LeBron/Wade/Bosh can win championships but they wouldn't ever be as dominant as they would with prime Shaq.

Quote Originally Posted by pegasus
    Even to pair him with Lebron? You do realize you're saying that despite the fact that Lebron's style of play could do nothing for dominant centers who can't shoot, right?

He is lucky he's got Wade, Bosh, and a bunch of great shooters/defenders. If he was as good as you homers are trying to make him out to be, he would win multiple rings with the same cast minus Wade. But as long as he's got Wade, we'll never know how good he could have been, and we'll always remember how he came up short year after year prior to teaming up with him (even once after, despite Wade playing at an FMVP level).
    It takes two to tango. No other star player wanted to play in Cleveland. Why do you think all of LeBron's best (and I use that term loosely) teammates in Cleveland were salary dumps? Shaq, Williams, and Jamison were also traded for magic beans because their respective teams wanted nothing to do with them. Im not sure why people like to ignore this fact. NBA players don't want to play in Cleveland.

Top 1 Bball Mind.

I'd imagine it would work something like Wade and Shaq did.

Quote Originally Posted by ripthekik
    I think it has to been made clear. It is:

1) Shaq + below average players and bench
    Going through strong West playoffs with Blazers, Kings, etc and the possibility of hack-a-shaq

2) Wade+ Bosh + Ray + Battier and all their shooters
    Going through a weak east as currently: no superstars

Which would be easier to win a ring?
    I quote myself, to remind others who said Shaq: they're not going to win the championship. In the 2000's west, all they have to do is hack-a-shaq. Dwight got what, 36 free throws? Do that to Shaq every playoff game.

So what's Lebron going to do when he's all alone? Choke like old times. 2011 all over again.

Lebron+Shaq would be very easy for the spurs or other western teams to beat with team effort. The only reason they couldnt beat the lakers was because of Kobe. He was too clutch to give a damn if shaq got hacked.

and, if you put a prime kobe in today's Eastern conference with prime wade and bosh, please. easier ring than a lay-up.

Quote Originally Posted by RoundMoundOfReb

People still think the "clog the lane" theory is a real thing.

Quote Originally Posted by RoundMoundOfReb
    I hate the guy, but Wade is one of the best slashers of all time, and his mid-range was money in 2006 (let's not forget the "zebras", but they would be in full effect for Lebron too, so that's a wash), which are two things Lebron cannot do consistently at an elite level.

Barreling into defenders is not slashing, and I can see him missing critical free throws, forcing him to overthink his drive and shoot instead (which usually becomes unreliable in the playoffs) and pass more, but who's gonna shoot/slash/create for him? Especially in the 4th quarters when Shaq is busy missing most of his own free throws.

Let's stop pretending that Lebron's style of play would work with most super stars. Bosh is an incredible shooter who came tailor made for Lebron, and Wade had to alter his game drastically to mesh with Lebron, and Riley went out and recruited every great shooter out there for him.

Quote Originally Posted by SilkkTheShocker
    It takes two to tango. No other star player wanted to play in Cleveland. Why do you think all of LeBron's best (and I use that term loosely) teammates in Cleveland were salary dumps? Shaq, Williams, and Jamison were also traded for magic beans because their respective teams wanted nothing to do with them. Im not sure why people like to ignore this fact. NBA players don't want to play in Cleveland.
    He could have talked Bosh into teaming up with him in NY before they got Amare, or could have just joined Amare. I would say that he didn't need to team up with a top-5 player, but the results before and after indicate that he did. I'm cool with that as long as people remember it when they try to place him in top-10 all time above the other greats who didn't have to do what he did.

He could have talked Bosh into teaming up with him in NY before they got Amare, or could have just joined Amare. I would say that he didn't need to team up with a top-5 player, but the results before and after indicate that he did. I'm cool with that as long as people remember it when they try to place him in top-10 all time above the other greats who didn't have to do what he did.
    beautifully put, well done.

If I'm building an NBA team, I'm taking Shaq if I have the first overall pick. Yeah, over Jordan.

College superstar

1) Shaq + below average players and bench
    This. The 3-peat Lakers relied HEAVILY on their two best players and it was far more a two headed monster in LA than just Shaq and his little Robin aka Kobe Bryant like Kobe detractors like to believe. Especially in 2001/2002 Kobe & Shaq were Co-MVP level. Much like Magic & Kareem.

They won 3 straight championships, which is a rare feat. Who was the 3rd best player on those team? Glen Rice and Rick Fox/Derek Fisher? Those team were not very talented outside of Shaq and Kobe, they had below average role players starting at each position outside of their center and shooting guard, and they had a weak bench. Yet they weren't just a championship caliber team, but they were a DYNASTY. In fact, out of all the dynasties in NBA history those Lakers were CLEARLY the least talented. Shaq and Kobe BOTH deserve huge amounts of credit for those 3 championships.

The 3-peat Lakers were not a typical championship team, because there was no 3rd All-Star caliber player, or even really a 3rd scoring option (much less a superstar as their 3rd option like Chris Bosh) save for 2000 with an aging Glen Rice in that role putting up 12/4/2 on 41% shooting in the playoffs. This left plenty of room for Kobe to play his game and produce like a first option himself with Derek Fisher or Rick Fox as the closest thing the team had to a 3rd option in 2001 and 2002. Neither were scoring options. The offense went through Shaq first, but Kobe didn't have to take a backseat like Wade has the last 2 seasons because there's no Chris Bosh, much less a Ray Allen now as well, and because Kobe was improving, not declining like Wade.

Amare signed in New York before the Big 3 formed in Miami if I remember right. Bosh also was sold on living in Miami and starting a family there. It was either NYC or Cleveland, and from the reports, the Knicks absolutely bombed their interview with LeBron.

beautifully put, well done.

Bosh wanted to live in Miami. Amare was going to any team that paid him the max. And only NYC was willing to do it considering the contract couldn't be insured.