Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Default Mark Cuban suggests that Lakers consider using amnesty on Kobe Bryant

Very good NBA starter Orlando Magic's Avatar

Default Re: Mark Cuban suggests that Lakers consider using amnesty on Kobe Bryant

heh

Default Re: Mark Cuban suggests that Lakers consider using amnesty on Kobe Bryant

Ha ha ha ha ha

no

I'm glad you've finally found someone just as stupid to agree with what you (or your alter ego Nash) have been saying for a while now, and the fruit of that marriage is this retarded thread. Enjoy!

Great college starter SyRyanYang's Avatar

Lakers as a basketball team will benefit from it but as an organization you can't possibly think of a worse move.

Yup, and Cube's can use all the cap space he has loaded up for the offseason to claim Kobe.

C'mon, Kobe 30 mil doesn't put the lakers under the cap. Now if you lose Dwight for nothing, thats 50 mil gone on a 100 mil total salary, which I think is still over the salary cap although they would be under the tax

Yeah, tell ownership to amnesty Kobe the week Jerry Buss dies and Kobe talks about being a Laker for life

Can they amnesty him and then resign him? Idk the rules, but didn't OKC do that with Perkins (or were going to)? If that's possible within the rules then i say do it. 30 mill could go far

lmao thats not what he said. i listened to the show this morning...

I've said for the last couple years that the Lakers won't be able to rebuild a contender until Kobe's contract comes off the books. It's not that Kobe isn't a great player, it's just that he isn't worth 40-50% of a teams cap space anymore.

Serious playground baller shortsoptional's Avatar

"If you look at their payroll ... you've got to ask that question, 'Should they amnesty Kobe?'" Cuban said on ESPN's "Ben and Skin Show" in Dallas. "I'm just saying that hypothetically," Cuban said. "When I say amnesty Kobe, I don't think they'd do it, but they've got some choices to make. Now, they're in a big market, but they're still limited."

Don't think they haven't thought about it. Why do you think they've left their amnesty just laying around? It's not like they haven't had any bad contracts. It's like a last resort.

Good college starter Rubio2Gasol's Avatar

Cuban wants to Bring in Kobe for 10 Million a season lol.

National High School Star b0bab0i's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Crown&Coke
    Yup, and Cube's can use all the cap space he has loaded up for the offseason to claim Kobe.

C'mon, Kobe 30 mil doesn't put the lakers under the cap. Now if you lose Dwight for nothing, thats 50 mil gone on a 100 mil total salary, which I think is still over the salary cap although they would be under the tax
    How much is Laker's total Salary right now?

Max is suppose to be $58 Million? Kobe's salary is $31 million. Hes taking over 50%.

They pay 100 millions in salaries this season. They will pay 78 mill next season if they dont resign anyone.

If you Google salaries/la_lakers.htm you will find it. Im not allowed to post a direct link