Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Default Re: Lebron Family Memo: For the sake of integrity, Kobe is a top-10 player ever.

Quote Originally Posted by raprap
    Yup, anywhere from 8 to 12 is understandable.
    Yep, Kobe's range is 8-12 whereas LeBron's is now 2-5

Good college starter NZStreetBaller's Avatar

Default Re: Lebron Family Memo: For the sake of integrity, Kobe is a top-10 player ever.

Quote Originally Posted by KirbyPls
    I don't really like Kobe, but after the greatest year in our fam's history, we're embarrassing ourselves with these threads.

Kobe is top-10, period.

You want Wilt over Kobe? Kone won more than twice as many titles, and the same number as his team's best player. That, and Kobe played against far better competition.

I's take Kobe over Hakeem, Wilt, at least.

Lebron fam, we're better than this, let's act like we've been here before (though Lebron has done unprecedented things).

I'm Lebron fam, Kobe is top-10, and I approve this message.
    No. No they are not. Look at this board lol

I can only imagine if Kobe had 7 first round exits like Hakeem, or unprecedented drop-offs from the regular season -> playoffs -> finals like Wilt, or lost 7 times in the finals like Jerry West.

I've even seen people here put Moses above Kobe... Moses has 2200 career playoff points. Kobe had 2000 from '08-10. Oh but he has 3 MVPs.... and in two of those years, he was bounced in the first round while shooting 44% and 43% from the floor as a 6'10 big man.

People just hate Kobe, so they magnify his failures and completely ignore his successes.

Its known i never was a big fan of Kobe's game, the very moment i first saw him in 1996 i wasnt keen on his decision making, shoot-first & shoot alot attitude no matter how off the shot is, deem it very selfish (just look at even his retirement game, classic Kobe, perfect way to go out for him) never found such extreme perimeter gamestyle ok in a team game unless you actually were efficient like say Jordan (respected Kobe's work ethic & competitiveness tho, its legendary, one thing i did love about his game, including his footwork which was insane) but that doesnt mean its logical to deny his accolades, achievements, milestones, longevity & talent on both ends, he is definitely top 10... he proved himself with his 2nd alpha championship run he belongs there, just after getting an mvp aswell... wouldnt rank him top 10 with just his first 3 championship runs tho, for the same exact reasons of Pippen or Havlicek.
    Last edited by pauk; 08-05-2016 at 08:37 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by pauk
    Its known i never was a big fan of Kobe's game, the very moment i first saw him in 1996 i wasnt keen on his decision making, shoot-first & shoot alot attitude no matter how off the shot is, deem it very selfish (just look at even his retirement game, classic Kobe, perfect way to go out for him) never found such extreme perimeter gamestyle ok in a team game unless you actually were efficient like say Jordan (respected Kobe's work ethic & competitiveness tho, its legendary, one thing i did love about his game, including his footwork which was insane) but that doesnt mean its logical to deny his accolades, achievements, milestones, longevity & talent on both ends, he is definitely top 10... he proved himself with his 2nd alpha championship run he belongs there, just after getting an mvp aswell... wouldnt rank him top 10 with just his first 3 championship runs tho, for the same exact reasons of Pippen or Havlicek.

Good on you, pauk.

Just spoke with the counsel of the Lebron Fam and it was concluded unanimously:

"12th"
    adding

"and that's generous"

Wilt Chamberlain holds anywhere from 60-100 all time nba records and he hasn't played in half a century.

So let me break it down to u. One guy is 6 DECADEs deep in the top 10, the other can't last 6 Days. Kobe is nothin special.

Jordan Stopper

Quote Originally Posted by scuzzy

adding

Quote Originally Posted by pauk
    Hate to break this down to you but not everyone is going to have the same opinion. You're welcome to have Kobe in 10th place behind Lebron, Shaq and Duncan but the general consensus is that he's even further back and out of the top 10. Having said that, anyone who wants to convince himself that Kobe is a top 10 player is welcome to do that

I would take Shaq, Magic, LeBron, Duncan, and Bird all over Kobe... but he's in the same tier with them. Only Jordan and Kareem are OBVIOUSLY better. Mind you I choose to omit ranking Russell and Wilt.

But yeah, like it or not, Kobe is right there with them.

Quote Originally Posted by Prometheus
    I would take Shaq, Magic, LeBron, Duncan, and Bird all over Kobe... but he's in the same tier with them. Only Jordan and Kareem are OBVIOUSLY better. Mind you I choose to omit ranking Russell and Wilt.

Trolling is not your strength

Quote Originally Posted by scuzzy

adding
    Bbbbut 5 ringzzz!

You cant seriously think Kobe is in the same tier as LeBron, a man with more titles as lead dog, quadruple his mvps, better statistically in EVERY WAY, has high ppg averages in regular season, playoffs and finals despite being a playmaker unlike Kobe, has higher rpg, apg, bpg, spg, fg%, 3%fg, PER, VORP, BPM, RAPM, ws, and ws/48 in reg season, playoff AND finals

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Feeny
    You cant seriously think Kobe is in the same tier as LeBron, a man with more titles as lead dog, quadruple his mvps, better statistically in EVERY WAY, has high ppg averages in regular season, playoffs and finals despite being a playmaker unlike Kobe, has higher rpg, apg, bpg, spg, fg%, 3%fg, PER, VORP, BPM, RAPM, ws, and ws/48 in reg season, playoff AND finals
    LeBron is the better player, but not by much.

Jordan Stopper

LeBron is the better player, but not by much.
    So I guess Jordan wasn't much better than Clyde Drexler