Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast
    you can't stop me get these NETS's Avatar

Default Jeremy Lin talks about racism

Default Re: Jeremy Lin talks about racism

never mind...
    Last edited by niko; 12-06-2012 at 05:43 PM.

National High School Star b0bab0i's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by niko
    The basketball must be racist, it won't go in the hoop for him. What racism has he faced that's a big deal? I got throw against walls and guns put in my face by cops who didn't like i was puerto rican. What happened to him? YOU SUCK! ASIANS CAN'T PLAY BALL! Poor dude.
    Didn't watch youtube vid, but he led Palo Alto to a DII California State championship over Mater Dei and still didn't get any D1 Scholarships. If he was black, pretty sure he would've been given a scholarship.

Quote Originally Posted by b0bab0i
    Didn't watch youtube vid, but he led Palo Alto to a DII California State championship over Mater Dei and still didn't get any D1 Scholarships. If he was black, pretty sure he would've been given a scholarship.
    and 90% of the college teams until recently looked at these awesome black QB's and said "RB! TE! NOT A QB! YOU DON'T LOOK LIKE A LEADER!"

When i think hurt by racism it's not what comes to mind to me first. I'm a little fatiqued at Lin criticism and such and racism brought into the discussion.

Top 1 Bball Mind.

lin sucks. there is no racism to it. yao ming was a good player nobody hated on him for his race.

Top 1 Bball Mind.

Quote Originally Posted by niko
    and 90% of the college teams until recently looked at these awesome black QB's and said "RB! TE! NOT A QB! YOU DON'T LOOK LIKE A LEADER!"

When i think hurt by racism it's not what comes to mind to me first. I'm a little fatiqued at Lin criticism and such and racism brought into the discussion.

Quote Originally Posted by LamarOdom
    And this guy was all over his dick a few months ago, he was asked (i think) the question he responded how it was not like we seen him crying in the media about him being discriminated.

To bad Lin sucks he's a nice dude and a good role model for SPK.
    Never ever ever played the racism angle. Never. Not once. You can talk to others but not me. I never liked that he played the race card, i never liked when anyone did it. The only time i said anything was when ESPN was making fun of him for his race obviously with the headlines.

The first people (like me and Bagel) who started with the Lin stuff didn't give a flying **** he was asian. Anyone to me who likes him only because he was asian (and think who is saying this) is nuts. We liked him because he was ****ing fearless, had balls of steel, and was freaking BALLING. By year end he was no longer balling, no longer fearless (sat out playoffs), and left us for more money (smart) and less pressure (less smart in my opinion, it's how you grow).

Nothing in that is about race.

Top 1 Bball Mind.

his race is the only reason he got paid and talked about as much as he did. don't give me that underdog crap either. there are a lot undrafted/lowly drafted players that come out of nowhere and perform better than he did (arian foster).

Top 1 Bball Mind.

What the fuc[COLOR="Black"]k[/COLOR] are you babbling about? I never said you played the race card, I said Lin doesn't play the race card this is the first time I seen him pulling it out and I assume it's because he was asked.
    a few weeks ago he said players try harder against him because he's asian

Championship or bust Cali Syndicate's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RoundMoundOfReb
    lin sucks. there is no racism to it. yao ming was a good player nobody hated on him for his race.
    Lin doesn't suck. He's overpaid and overrated. He could be a solid backup for many teams and has shown to be at least a decent starter.

What the fuc[COLOR="Black"]k[/COLOR] are you babbling about? I never said you played the race card, I said Lin doesn't play the race card this is the first time I seen him pulling it out and I assume it's because he was asked.
    Lin has said a million times he's had to prove himself more than other players because he is asian. He said it as a Knick. He's always said it. I wouldn't call that playing the race card (that sounds too harsh) but i never understood bringing it up. And he has. He says it adds more pressure and gives him more to prove and people force him to show more.

Dunking on everybody in the park

Quote Originally Posted by RoundMoundOfReb
    a few weeks ago he said players try harder against him because he's asian
    Thats because they do....

loads of reasons: think they can light Lin up; think Lin earns too much money; think lin isn't a good enough baller; all those reason compounded with a he's asian undertone....

Top 1 Bball Mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Cali Syndicate
    Lin doesn't suck. He's overpaid and overrated. He could be a solid backup for many teams and has shown to be at least a decent starter.
    could he be like a cj Watson caliber player? yeah maybe.

But he should be judged on his contract. and relative to that he sucks. he's getting benched in favor of toney freaking douglas.

Top 1 Bball Mind.

Quote Originally Posted by stevieming
    Thats because they do....

loads of reasons: think they can light Lin up; think Lin earns too much money; think lin isn't a good enough baller; all those reason compounded with a he's asian undertone....

if you plAy in the nbA and mAking millions you should be Able to play agAinst people at their best.

so did people hAte yAo ming too?

you can't stop me get these NETS's Avatar

for those who won't watch the clip

he said that it was a problem on the road in college but in the league players have gone out of their way to show him love

said that having a Black coach at Harvard helped him because coach had similiar experiences

Saw the clip yesterday but i think tommy amaker(duke pg) was his coach

College basketball arenas are awful when it comes to caveman behavior.....(pat ewing experienced incredible open racism in college)of course tv media could make examples of people with racist signs but it won't happen