Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Very good NBA starter elementally morale's Avatar

Default Re: Suns@Rockets Game Thread

Quote Originally Posted by ArbitraryWater
    Except he started like 0-15 against the Jazz this year and won, on the road.

It may happen a few times but more often it doesn't work. This game was won by Westbrook.

Quote Originally Posted by elementally morale
    It may happen a few times but more often it doesn't work. This game was won by Westbrook.
    well it's a good thing harden doesnt usually go 3/15.

Quote Originally Posted by NBAGOAT
    well it's a good thing harden doesnt usually go 3/15.

Yes. And an even better thing is what actual basketball players do. When you are clearly cold from outside do some other things. That's what Harden himself did in the middle of the 4th quarter. Did other things. Attacked the rim, made some baskets got fouled hard. It paid off. He could've started that in the 1st quarter after his 3rd straight miss from 3.

Harden has the ability to play like a basketball player but most of the time he doesn't. He plays like James Harden. I can't remember having seen anybody playing like this, ever. On his very bad days and last years Kobe was similar but he at least tried doing different stuff and not the same shit all over again. And Kobe those days and last year didn't really resemble a good basketball player.

Harden is shooting like 43% on the season after this game. And it is an easy to score era. I usually don't pay too much attention on FG% but Harden's is low due to bad shots all the time and not because of buzzer beater last second 'must tries'. I mean... he is clearly an effective player... it's just not entertaining basketball to me.

Decent college freshman

If Suns had Baynes and Ayton they would kill this joke of a team

Quote Originally Posted by GreatHILL
    If Suns had Baynes and Ayton they would kill this joke of a team
    Since we're playing that IF game... If Harden had shot what he usually does from the field (around 45% and 62% TS) and if Eric Gordon was healthy and playing, Rockets would've easily won by 30-40 points. That's no exaggeration either

Yes. And an even better thing is what actual basketball players do. When you are clearly cold from outside do some other things. That's what Harden himself did in the middle of the 4th quarter. Did other things. Attacked the rim, made some baskets got fouled hard. It paid off. He could've started that in the 1st quarter after his 3rd straight miss from 3.

Harden has the ability to play like a basketball player but most of the time he doesn't. He plays like James Harden. I can't remember having seen anybody playing like this, ever. On his very bad days and last years Kobe was similar but he at least tried doing different stuff and not the same shit all over again. And Kobe those days and last year didn't really resemble a good basketball player.

Harden is shooting like 43% on the season after this game. And it is an easy to score era. I usually don't pay too much attention on FG% but Harden's is low due to bad shots all the time and not because of buzzer beater last second 'must tries'. I mean... he is clearly an effective player... it's just not entertaining basketball to me.
    Well stop using fg% lol, it’s completely outdated. And yes it is obvious someone missing jump shots should attack the rim but it’s a little impractical. Most guys don’t have the energy to relentlessly attack the rim the whole game even if we think they should.

On to something you mentioned in another comment about taking 18 footers which kind of relates to the thread about 3s vs long 2s. It makes sense take an easier shot when you’re cold.

However fans myself included tend to overrate having a hot hand and on the flip side being cold. There are legitimate studies that show you’re more likely to miss your next shot if you made your last one. The rockets and harden at least truly believe taking a 18fter isn’t valuable so why deviate from your normal strategy?

Also we’ve seen plenty of older guys go cold from midrange(like 1/10) and they don’t always get as much criticism for bad shot selection

[QUOTE=NBAGOAT]Also we

I may have not been clear: It's not the midrange shots I miss. It's a mixture of different moves. If you do the same thing all game and it doesn't work... do something else.

As for FG% being outdated... okay. I don't really like stats anyway.
    Ah you do have a point there. Harden really does like 4 things well. It