Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    GSW Fan Since the 90s Cleverness's Avatar

Default Re: Andre Iguodala on Stephen Curry: 'I think he's the second best ever'

[QUOTE=winwin]

Titles are overrated Kblaze8855's Avatar

Default Re: Andre Iguodala on Stephen Curry: 'I think he's the second best ever'

Quote Originally Posted by winwin
    you don't get it. Curry can be 2nd best ever, and better players than him come behind him on the list.

It being an issue of best player...I feel like you didn

Going to reserve judgement until I see what he does these finals.

Curry has played "bad" in what, 1 finals? Back in 2016 when he was coming off an injury (a series GSW should have won in 5).

I still don't know how great he is because of Durant. I know that he's the greatest shooter. All-time? Top 15-20. The run he's had so far WITH a nice finals gives me more to work with though.

[QUOTE=Kblaze8855]It being an issue of best player...I feel like you didn

greatness

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7axmul-Xlkc

but he is not second best ever.

yet

Quote Originally Posted by Kblaze8855
    Hakeem
    David Robinson
    Larry Bird
    [COLOR="Blue"]Magic[/COLOR]
    Tim Duncan
    Kobe
    Lebron
    Moses Malone
    Doctor J
    [COLOR="blue"]Shaq[/COLOR]
    Oscar Robertson
    [COLOR="blue"]Kareem[/COLOR]
    Jerry West
    Charles Barkley
    Karl Malone
    Dirk
    KG
    Gary Payton
    Nash
    Bill Walton
    Tmac
    Kevin Durant

The names in [COLOR="blue"]blue[/COLOR] im not sure of yet. They will turn black if Steph wins and has a good finals.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer 1987_Lakers's Avatar

I'd probably take Curry's peak over Magic if we are being honest.

Good college starter Walk on Water's Avatar

You guys don

UH.. Durant is definitely in shambles.

Let's not forget Durant was playing amazing both rounds this year. Unstoppable. Every ****ing shot was going on for him. He was LETHAL.

How quick they forget.

I hope he leaves to get the credit he deserves.

Local High School Star nashwade's Avatar

from a reputation perspective, Curry will never be the second best for the simple reason that he is playing on a team with KD who won FMVPs ahead of him.

not even lebron had to add a superior player to the team JUST to win. that's just straight up weak ass move (I appreciate it's not his decision but visually that's what it looked like).

he valued winning rings more than his legacy or long term marketability. it is what it is.

Hell no

Quote Originally Posted by Kblaze8855
    I came here just now to make this topic just so I could post this list of people and have posters bold/keep the names they feel Steph is in fact better than. I suspect someone is gonna give me something to laugh at and thats about all I ask. So....

Copy/paste this list and remove the names Steph is NOT better than. I want a list from you...reading this right now...that is only people Steph is better than. Clear? Ok...

Hakeem
    Wilt
    David Robinson
    Larry Bird
    Magic
    Tim Duncan
    Kobe
    Lebron
    Moses Malone
    Doctor J
    Bill Russell
    Shaq
    Oscar Robertson
    Kareem
    Jerry West
    Charles Barkley
    Karl Malone
    Dirk
    KG
    Gary Payton
    Nash
    Bill Walton
    Tmac
    Kevin Durant

Just 25(ish) names that came to mind. Copy/paste it...remove the people better than Steph. Not gonna **** with you about it. I just want something to glance over and scoff at later.
    David Robinson
    Doctor J
    Oscar Robertson
    Jerry West
    Charles Barkley
    Karl Malone
    Dirk
    KG
    Gary Payton
    Nash
    Bill Walton
    Tmac
    Kevin Durant

As of today. If the Warriors win the championship this year AND Curry secures a finals MVP then I'd pick him over Moses which would put him right within striking distance of top 10 territory.

3-time NBA All-Star

In terms of impact on the offensive side of the ball he may just be the best ever..

I dont recall a player that could make teams double and triple him from 25-30 ft out.. That opens the fall floor for so many other players..

Quote Originally Posted by 1987_Lakers
    I'd probably take Curry's peak over Magic if we are being honest.

change ur username. Magic was a far better playoff performer than Steph and could impact the game through a much greater and wider array