Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thunder it DOWN, Dion! PleezeBelieve's Avatar

Default Let's talk about how Wiggins isn't close to the defenders Leonard & George are

... let alone Pippen

College defensive rating (points given up per 100 poss on floor):

Wiggins - 102.5
    George - 94.5
    Leonard - 89.5

There you have it, not only was Wiggins average in BPG & SPG, individually, he was about as non-impactful as a someone who is hyped as he is can be.

For reference:

Embiid - 90.9
    Jabari - 99.3 (Wiggins fans gonna hate this )
    Gordon - 88.6

I could go on and on but I know you Wiggins fanatics don't care. This is your favorite part of the NBA year. In the off season you can make up any superlatives you want for this guy because no games are being played. Happened in 2012. Ditto in 2013.

The next Pippen... yadda yadda yadda

Generational prospect... yadda yadda yadda

Future Defensive player of the year .... yadda yadda yadda

Not worth giving up for Kevin Love... YADDA YADDA YADDA

First Kobe fan on ISH JohnFreeman's Avatar

Default Re: Let's talk about how Wiggins isn't close to the defenders Leonard & George are

his ceiling is probably higher than both of them though

Default Re: Let's talk about how Wiggins isn't close to the defenders Leonard & George are

Gordon

Very good NBA starter DukeDelonte13's Avatar

advanced defensive metrics are sketchy. Wiggins was great defensively in the SL.

The only thing i'm sure of when it comes to wiggins is his defense.

Nobody is sure about his shooting, ball handling, assertiveness, vision, etc., but the one area where he is clearly a superior prospect aside from athleticism is his defense.

Cavs don't need to rush and sell the farm for Love. They have the leverage, Minny does not. Love is going to leave them anyways. The pressure is on them to get a return for him, or it's going to be Steve Kerr w/ Amare and the suns all over again.

The parallels between this situation and the Amare one are pretty striking, IMO.

Amare and K-Love are both injury prone headcases that don't play D. Contrary to popular belief, cavs did offer Hickson to get Amare but Steve Kerr refused the deal. The confusion happens with that because the Cavs refused to offer Hickson in a deal for Shaq. Danny Ferry wasn't a complete idiot.

There are legit arguments to give up wiggins for love but i think the cavs should wait and see how he looks on the floor with Lebron and Co.

I'm neutral on Wiggins but defensive stats especially at the college level are pretty worthless, and all stats are worthless without context. Just sayin.

Quote Originally Posted by Jameerthefear
    Gordon
    The real next Kawhi Leonard... except with hops

Quote Originally Posted by GrapeApe
    I'm neutral on Wiggins but defensive stats, especially at the college level are pretty worthless, and all stats are worthless without context. Just sayin.
    College stays don't matter?

Ok...

NBA Superstar

I'm neutral on Wiggins but defensive stats especially at the college level are pretty worthless, and all stats are worthless without context. Just sayin.

That's ironic because the OP is worthless and lacks any context.

Gay A.

Jabari was a better defender than Wiggins? That is why Coach K subbed him out for defense against Mercer.

Only someone as mental a midget as Gay A could watch summer league and come away think Wiggins is a poor defender, only someone as mental a midget as Gay A could watch Duke vs Kansas at the beginning of the college year and not see Wiggins completely shut down a red hot Jabari down the stretch, Only someone as mental a midget as Gay A could watch Wiggins play and assume he is a lightweight at defense, Only someone as mental a midget as Gay A could watch all the talking heads rave about a prospect's defense and still say it sucks to fill his own agenda.

Brad Williams and Vern Troyer can both post up Gay A.

NBA rookie of the year

Those stats are misleading because his teammates sucked at defense and his coach had him guard 3 point shooters.

Quote Originally Posted by DukeDelonte13
    advanced defensive metrics are sketchy. Wiggins was great defensively in the SL.

The only thing i'm sure of when it comes to wiggins is his defense.

Nobody is sure about his shooting, ball handling, assertiveness, vision, etc., but the one area where he is clearly a superior prospect aside from athleticism is his defense.

Cavs don't need to rush and sell the farm for Love. They have the leverage, Minny does not. Love is going to leave them anyways. The pressure is on them to get a return for him, or it's going to be Steve Kerr w/ Amare and the suns all over again.

The parallels between this situation and the Amare one are pretty striking, IMO.

Amare and K-Love are both injury prone headcases that don't play D. Contrary to popular belief, cavs did offer Hickson to get Amare but Steve Kerr refused the deal. The confusion happens with that because the Cavs refused to offer Hickson in a deal for Shaq. Danny Ferry wasn't a complete idiot.

There are legit arguments to give up wiggins for love but i think the cavs should wait and see how he looks on the floor with Lebron and Co.
    No you're not sure about his defense because his per game and advanced metrics says he's rather pedestrian for a top prospect

Play with Embiid and still say Wiggins teammates sucked on D

Quote Originally Posted by JtotheIzzo
    That's ironic because the OP is worthless and lacks any context.

Gay A.

Jabari was a better defender than Wiggins? That is why Coach K subbed him out for defense against Mercer.

Only someone as mental a midget as Gay A could watch summer league and come away think Wiggins is a poor defender, only someone as mental a midget as Gay A could watch Duke vs Kansas at the beginning of the college year and not see Wiggins completely shut down a red hot Jabari down the stretch, Only someone as mental a midget as Gay A could watch Wiggins play and assume he is a lightweight at defense, Only someone as mental a midget as Gay A could watch all the talking heads rave about a prospect's defense and still say it sucks to fill his own agenda.

Brad Williams and Vern Troyer can both post up Gay A.
    Is this a shot at me? I'm very confused. If so you misunderstood what I said. If not I misunderstood what you said.

Quote Originally Posted by Jameerthefear
    Gordon
    PAC12 is weak as shit. Honestly, these stats don't mean a lot unless they are adjusted for strength of schedule or something.

NBA Superstar

Is this a shot at me? I'm very confused. If so you misunderstood what I said. If not I misunderstood what you said.
    Its a shot at the OP, he has a rap name too, its 'Gay A' because he wants to steal some of Macklemore's thunder.

Not a shot at you.

Quote Originally Posted by Jailblazers7
    PAC12 is weak as shit. Honestly, these stats don't mean a lot unless they are adjusted for strength of schedule or something.
    In two seasons @ Oklahoma State playing with midgets:

Marcus Smart - 86.2, 92.3

I mean you Wiggins fanatics really sounding outright pathetic :oldlol;