Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    NBA lottery pick

Default Re: Jennings In Trade Rumors

He's undersized to play PF full time and can't hit a 3 so I'm not certain he would be the best fit for us. He's an upgrade from Illy but probably not the right one.

Local High School Star Aussie Dunker's Avatar

He has proven time after time he can guard PF's, but his outside shot really is not a factor. Great player that would suit playing next to a Boogie, Gasol, Vuvecic type player, ut not next to Dre,

Kind of reminds me of a smarter Josh Smith (detroit version, not Hawks version) as he can defend both F positions, can rebound strong, score well on the break - but he just knows he can't shoot 3's so he doesn't, unlike Josh Smith where he knows he can't shoot 3's but still jacks them up anyway! ha

NBA lottery pick

If Cleveland gets Melo I think it's going to make things very difficult in this division. He definitely fits better next to Lebron. Especially when it comes to playing a team like Golden State. Even if we move Jennings, we won't be able to make a trade that puts us near that. I think it would be interesting seeing Melo without the ball in his hands in an iso all the time. But I guess it did work on team USA.

NBA lottery pick

Well, the Tobias Harris thing finally happened. I guess they really did like him in the off season. So we lose Jennings and Illy. I'm not sure how it makes sense for Orlando (other than getting Gordon more minutes), but it makes sense for us. I'm not huge on Harris, but he is an upgrade and he's better than anyone we could have drafted at that position. It's the 2nd time a Scott Skiles team has traded Harris lol.

NBA lottery pick

I guess this means we are not going after Ryan Anderson anymore.

I like this, we clearly get the best player in this deal -

6-10 and surprisingly athletic, with the ability to score from all 3 levels. Not a sniper but atleast similar to say Morris from deep. Pretty good defender too -

Only 23 years old - pretty high on this move by SVG

Will wait to see if he makes another move regarding backup PG......

NBA lottery pick

He's 6'9" and really it's probably more like 6'8". He's a bit small for PF, but there's not a ton of guys in the East that he'll have too much of a problem guarding. This off season the Pistons are not getting an impact player in the draft and the free agent class doesn't look good so turning an expiring contract into a 23 year old guy is a good move. Detroit has Reggie, Dre, Stanley, KCP, and now Tobias so it's a young core that should be able to grow together. I guess all Orlando gets out of the deal is a lot of cap space for this summer (though I'm not sure what they can do with it).

I too was wondering what the backup PG situation is going to be like. Dinwiddie has proven he just doesn't have the potential to do it. Blake hasn't impressed me. Maybe they go after the D-League all-star MVP in Jimmer, hahaha

Hey! I am not even kidding when I say Jimmer wouldn't be a bad option, haha, I would rather him on the floor than Blake. If anything, he provides elite deep shooting right?

NBA lottery pick

I'm not sure if he's a fit but I'm really surprised that he's done so well and yet no team will give him a chance. Even the Spurs who love shooters cut him. I think it had more to do with him wanting to be a focal point of the offense rather than just playing a specific role though. Maybe his mindset is different now that he's been out of the league for a while. I think all those guys who are leading the D-League could have a legit chance in the league.

We have a spare roster spot - how about we give Tony Wroten a shot?? Surely he could be a serviceable backup. Big athletic PG, can't shoot very well but is probably a better option than Blake and Spender at this stage?

NBA lottery pick

[QUOTE]Vincent Ellis: League guy tells me #Pistons could seek reunion with #Thunder PG D.J. Augustin.

NBA lottery pick

[QUOTE]Adrian Wojnarowski: Detroit is still probing the market for a veteran guard, league sources tell @The Vertical.

Oh I would LOVE to get back Augustin, the perfect backup we could hope for. Veteran who is bot a great deep shooter and facilitator. Wonder what we would have to give up?

And wouldn't be keen on Lou - good player but he needs to be on a contender otherwise he will think he is the man

Quote Originally Posted by Aussie Dunker
    Oh I would LOVE to get back Augustin, the perfect backup we could hope for. Veteran who is bot a great deep shooter and facilitator. Wonder what we would have to give up?

And wouldn't be keen on Lou - good player but he needs to be on a contender otherwise he will think he is the man
    Augustine back, yes. Wroten on our team? No. There is a reason he is not getting any PT in PHILADEPHIA. He's not good. He flashed brilliance a little last year and that's about it. For God's Sake, Ish Smith looks good on the 76ers.

I am very happy about Tobias. Finally got the player we really wanted in the first place.

Jennings is probably a move to clear out cap space, given he is off contract next year. Illy to make the trade manageable cap wise.

Happy days are here again. Let's make that ECF push!!!

Quote Originally Posted by ZMonkey11
    Wroten on our team? No. There is a reason he is not getting any PT in PHILADEPHIA
    Probably because he isn't on their team anymore would be my guess to his decrease in playing time