Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Decent playground baller

Default Time Machines will never be invented.

The current time is living proof. The precise moment it is created, thousands would have traveled through every single dimension of time. We would instantly know it exists as if it were there while we grew up. People would have sent it to the Dinosaur ages, 1800's, pre-WW's, 1990's, etc. We would all know of its existence, because at some point in the future someone will travel to a time in our lives.

Unless of course, the moment it has been invented, the government strictly bans and prohibit all activities. But then what would it be used for? Only to prevent massive attacks? So we would have been living in current peace without knowing somebody came back and prevented a disaster? But what about the other disasters? The small-scale disasters had to be let go so there is some genuineness in humanity, that evil will always subexist?

Another possibility is that time travel is one way. The machine sends the person back, but the machine stays put. Maybe there are time travelers among us, banished from the future? Or are they secretly guiding us? Or maybe they are not allowed to speak, or their lives would be ended?

Other than the 2 possibilities above and maybe others, the current situation should let us know that even by 2300, time machines will not be invented. But it were to be invented, imagine the destruction and confusion it would lead to. It would definitely be banned and held under the world's greatest securities, as there are lots of evil men who can create potential tragedies with the time machine.

Is it possible? Impossible? Or invented by just prohibited?

Future D1 Dad

Default Re: Time Machines will never be invented.

too late.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5nCriLcHX5c&feature=fvst

[COLOR="White"]j/k...it's a hoax.[/COLOR]

Born again Cavs fan bballnoob1192's Avatar

backwards time travel is pretty much impossible, but forward time travel is probable and there are theoretical examples of forward time travel already existing. That make your theory about time travel incorrect :)

my theory is ufo's = time macines

Future D1 Dad

Quote Originally Posted by MMM
    possible. this theory would make the religious community happier.

Thats an interesting points. Perhaps the UFOs we see are actually our descendants, and that aliens do not exist at all.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Myth's Avatar

Backwards time travel may still be possible, if there are limitations. For example, maybe time travel will be made but can only transport people from time travel machine to time travel machine. So if time travel is invented in say 2079, then maybe people could travel from the future back in time to that date, but not before since there is no platform to be sent back to. Another, less plausible one would be if time travel has a limitation on how far back you can go. So again, if time travel is invented in 2079 and time travel only goes back a max of a year, then the earliest we would see people from the future would be 2078.

There is another possibility, which is simply that time travelers have come back and not enough people believed them. Sure, we'd maybe catch on if tons of time travelers came back, but it could take a shit load of energy and/or work for each time 1 person is sent back in time. How many people get to step foot on the moon? Not many. Time travel could have been invented in the future, but with no way of making it available to the public (or intentionally kept from public use due to potential dangers). If it was used and regulated, then it is very likely the only people who have come back in time were special agents of some kind or scientists who are not allowed to reveal to our time that they are from the future.

Decent playground baller

Quote Originally Posted by Myth
    Backwards time travel may still be possible, if there are limitations. For example, maybe time travel will be made but can only transport people from time travel machine to time travel machine. So if time travel is invented in say 2079, then maybe people could travel from the future back in time to that date, but not before since there is no platform to be sent back to. Another, less plausible one would be if time travel has a limitation on how far back you can go. So again, if time travel is invented in 2079 and time travel only goes back a max of a year, then the earliest we would see people from the future would be 2078.
    Interesting idea of time travel only allowed between machines. Then I would assume when the original machine is invented, it keeps a HUGE amount of DATA about the current world.. think all of google's servers. Every single data of the world is kept.. maps, names, people, animals, movies, pictures, ALL. And 50 years later we are able to sent a person's mind.. into a body of that world of data? That could be the closest we get to time travel.. although it is actually just sending someone into a reality of the past. Doing anything there would not change anything in the future.

However that allows someone to go back and see his love ones, change his regretted actions, and it would affect THAT world's future. Pretty neat for that time traveler then huh?

could be. But what are their purposes? What is the purpose of time travel? To fix things that have went incredibly wrong in human history? Like if we invent one now, it would be to go back and fix the hollocaust before it occurred? Or is it simply for observation? Meaning history scholars of the past travel back in UFO's, and secretly study.

Roy Hibbert Super Star InspiredLebowski's Avatar

buncha potheads. the lot of ya.

Rivalries Never Die Faptastrophe's Avatar

Since my birth, I have travelled more than 21 years into the future. So I can testify that it is indeed possible.

My bed also allows me to travel 8 hours into the future at any time.

Quote Originally Posted by Faptastrophe
    Since my birth, I have travelled more than 21 years into the future
    bullshit. where's the GIFs?

seriously though, well sorta, you know time travel is a real possibility the day a sports bettor is the richest man on the planet.

Next Great White Hope QuebecBaller's Avatar

What about those 3 time machines?

Decent playground baller

Quote Originally Posted by Faptastrophe
    Since my birth, I have travelled more than 21 years into the future. So I can testify that it is indeed possible.

My bed also allows me to travel 8 hours into the future at any time.
    You did not travel though. You moved along with time.

Actually I would agree in some sense this is a form of time travel. If it was only your own perception of time and not others, why isn't it time travel? In an ideal time travel, you move back in time, while the people in that world and your future world continue their own perception of time. The only one that changes is yours - you are the only one who knows you time traveled, and can see the difference.

So I guess technically that feels like a time travel, although there's probably a flaw somewhere to distinguish it.

Probably the fact that you gave up time as well in order to travel. An ideal time travel is where you suddenly pop up 20 years later. In a sleep, you give up 8 hours, wake up 8 hours into the future, therefore not gaining any.

NBA sixth man of the year miller-time's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Boomerang
    You did not travel though. You moved along with time.

Actually I would agree in some sense this is a form of time travel. If it was only your own perception of time and not others, why isn't it time travel? In an ideal time travel, you move back in time, while the people in that world and your future world continue their own perception of time. The only one that changes is yours - you are the only one who knows you time traveled, and can see the difference.

So I guess technically that feels like a time travel, although there's probably a flaw somewhere to distinguish it.

Probably the fact that you gave up time as well in order to travel. An ideal time travel is where you suddenly pop up 20 years later. In a sleep, you give up 8 hours, wake up 8 hours into the future, therefore not gaining any.
    traveling at light speed slows down time relative to the earth. so if you travel for 1 year (by your watch) 100 years will have passed back on earth (i don't know if it is 100 but it'd be a big difference). so you can sort of time travel into the future (if light speed travel were possible), but you can't come back.

traveling at the speed'o'light (which should be a fast food chain name) is impossible by the understanding of modern physics.

which isn't MY understanding of modern physics. but i read blogs.