Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    ISH' Muslim Community LEFT4DEAD's Avatar

Default Re: Paul George or Loul Deng

They are about equal right now, great defenders, George more talented on offense, Deng better team player, but since George is so young, and has so much potential, obviously he has the edge here. I'm expecting him to be an elite defender, one of the best of all time on perimeter when he finishes his career, and along with that he will give his team 21-24 ppg. Great career is ahead of him.

Old School Cool brandonislegend's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LEFT4DEAD
    They are about equal right now, great defenders, George more talented on offense, Deng better team player, but since George is so young, and has so much potential, obviously he has the edge here. I'm expecting him to be an elite defender, one of the best of all time on perimeter when he finishes his career, and along with that he will give his team 21-24 ppg. Great career is ahead of him.

Quote Originally Posted by LEFT4DEAD
    wtf. george is a better passer than Deng. George even plays point forward sometimes since indy doesnt really have a pure point guard.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by lpublic_enemyl
    George this guy on draft night was the one player i wanted tor to get, it's hard to believe he is so young
    A lot of Bulls fans are with you on that.

As a life-long Bulls fan who truly appreciates the way Deng has catered his game for us the last 4-5 years, and who strongly believes he deserves his two all-star appearances, it's Paul George by a solid margin.

Deng has peaked. He is a great on the ball defender. He is tremendous off the ball, and plays well in a team-system. His biggest weakness back in the early 2000's, his 3-point shooting, has been vastly improved the last four to five years. Something that is much appreciated considering we are building around Rose. So he is pretty much at his peak right now.

Paul George though, already has all of Deng's tools. This includes his defense, his ability to play off the ball (he has to in that Indy system), and 3-point shooting. On top of that, watching him play this year, it is clear that George has the tools to be a franchise-type of player or at the very least a tier one player (top 10 in the league). Many experts have agreed as well. I have been very impressed with his play-making ability this year, as well as his ability to take over in long periods of time during a game. This is a hard feat considering he is on a team with Hibbert, West, and George Hill. By that fact alone, you take him over Deng 10 out of 10 times.

The only thing Deng has on George right now is maturity and the experience of hitting clutch shots. But that is more due to the fact that George is only in his third year.
    Last edited by Kellogs4toniee; 02-04-2013 at 02:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Go Getter
    1. I am home ya big dumb bitch.
    2. I never said the Bulls couldn't beat the Heat, I have stated that I feel we need more scoring than we have now to make me confident that we are the better team. I don't WANT the Heat to be better but as it stands they are. It's called being logical, being the master of my emotions little boy, maybe one day you'll evolve into a man and understand.
    3. What the **** is a "poor opinion?". My opinion is based on sound logic.

a. The Heat are defending Champs
    b. The health of D Rose is still in question
    c. We have not beaten the Heat in a playoff series WITH a healthy D. Rose.

Whenever I have trouble putting aside my bias to predict game outcomes I think to myself, "if your kid's life was on the line, who would you bet for."

Sadly, I'd bet on LBJ and the Heat even though I damn near loathe them and love the Bulls.

You can say what you want but you're a little suburban bitch trying to be hard on the internet. I'd go to your neighborhood with my brother's and do whatever the **** I want. You'd come to my hood and be scared to even fart loud *****.
    Until the first squad car roll by. lol

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by gabepizza
    Until the first squad car roll by. lol

NBA sixth man of the year

Obviously Ill take Paul George but I think Deng is one of the more underrated players in the NBA...Just when I think he's limited in a certain area, he proves otherwise...

I'd say George because even though they are close right now, Deng has already reached his full potential while George has room to improve IMO.

Maybe George.

I'll take George. A lot more potential considering Deng already peaked. I feel like George can ugly it up in the trenches of a tough playoff game. Seen too many disappearing acts by Deng in the playoffs.

High School Starter mentallooser's Avatar

George, but I'm a Pacers fan and can't be trusted here.

Local High School Star CHi1PriDe's Avatar

George easily.

George. Dengs game has not improved. He can't create his own shot. Even if he could develop a post game. Hed be able to take a lot of pressure of Rose. I think hes a good defender not a great defender.

Ive never been a big Deng fan for the role hes expected to play offensively, which is the Bulls second best scorer

Quote Originally Posted by mentallooser
    George, but I'm a Pacers fan and can't be trusted here.
    Lots of Bulls fans agree with George being better though