Page 162 of 166 FirstFirst ... 62112152159160161162163164165 ... LastLast
Results 2,416 to 2,430 of 2487
    I hit open 5-foot jumpshots with ease Lakers91's Avatar

Default Re: ☆ NBA General Discussions | FA/Trade Ideas

Quote Originally Posted by bladefd
    Yup, Bradley still plays good defense. I do wonder about his shooting though.. He feels bit too redundant with KCP though - KCP might actually be slightly better now.

I'm pretty damn sure a mid-season trade is coming. Whoever doesn't play well is out and whoever plays well stays. We have some good trade assets and depth now. Pelinka has done a good job so far.

We still have 1 slot remaining. I'm hoping for Korver. What if we send our rookie to d-league? Wouldn't that open up an extra slot? Iguodala.. Come to the light side of the force >:)
    Unfortunately the Grizzlies seem intent on holding out and not letting Iggy go, although he's making like 17 million I highly doubt he'd want that in a buyout, to play for the team he wants to play for. I don't see them getting much in trade - the few contenders that would have anything to offer aren't doing it for Iggy, they may get a trade I don't see it, eventually he'll get bought out but they seem to want to hold him to try to get something from someone. He'd be very handy for 15-20 minutes or even more in the playoffs that's for sure.

According to Yahoo's Haynes, Lakers plan on starting LeBron at pointguard.

LeBron at point is not going to last.

You can't have a massive lineup of:
    Cousins
    AD
    Kuzma
    Green
    LeBron

This is not 80s or 90s nba where a lineup like that would work. I think Kuzma is best in 6th man role -- you can just plug him in for Cousins/AD/LeBron since he can play both 3 and 4 (so can LeBron, AD can also play 4 or 5).

As season progresses, I expect us to end up with this:
    Cousins
    AD
    LeBron
    Green
    Bradley (or KCP)

Kuzma 6th man

You always want 2 3-and-D guys out there if you have LeBron on team. I just hope Kuzma doesn't pull a stunt like Ingram inserting himself into starting lineup & forcing Luke to start him at 2. Kuzma doesn't seem like that sort of person, but you never know.

I wouldn't mind AD, Kuzma, LeBron, Green, Bradley (or KCP).. but I feel like Cousins/AD duo is almost unstoppable in the post, and both can also push out to the 3pt line. Kuzma fits best in 6th man role unless if he vastly improved his defense/3pt shooting
    I don't think that will be the lineup necessarily, I think it will be more PG LeBron SG Bradley SF Green PF Davis C McGee, with Kuzma as the 6th man, Cousins will play more minutes at C but McGee will start and be the 15 or so minutes energy burst block some shots and rebound and then bring Cousins in, assuming Cousins doesn't argue about it too much.

Whether he's the point guard or the point forward, it doesn't make a difference to me really, he's still probably going to be guarding a small forward on defense, he's default the best point guard no matter what team he plays on anyway so he may as well start there, I hope it's a sign he will be more focused on distributing - if so Davis especially could have a monster season. Or LeBron will take the SG and Green guards the PG, but then I'm not sure who's guarding the SF/what lineup, ultimately I think it's about reducing the wear and tear against the big guys down low, extend his career by putting him at PG, he's always been a point guard at SF anyway may as well officially put him there. If LeBron has the energy to he could guard some of the better PG's or really any player, his body and strength alone still means he can play defense - it's just whether he has the will and energy to, if he's more distributing expelling less on offense maybe he's more capable on defense.

Much of a muchness for me, it won't dramatically change how he plays, he's the point guard regardless which position he's at anyway.

NBA lottery pick

I think there's going to be some experimentation with the lineup. I do think Green will start. I think they will experiment with Kuzma leading the 2nd unit some but I do expect him to start as well. I don't really see Bradley as a starter. I like him off the bench though.

According to Yahoo's Haynes, Lakers plan on starting LeBron at pointguard.

LeBron at point is not going to last.

You can't have a massive lineup of:
    Cousins
    AD
    Kuzma
    Green
    LeBron

This is not 80s or 90s nba where a lineup like that would work. I think Kuzma is best in 6th man role -- you can just plug him in for Cousins/AD/LeBron since he can play both 3 and 4 (so can LeBron, AD can also play 4 or 5).

As season progresses, I expect us to end up with this:
    Cousins
    AD
    LeBron
    Green
    Bradley (or KCP)

Kuzma 6th man

You always want 2 3-and-D guys out there if you have LeBron on team. I just hope Kuzma doesn't pull a stunt like Ingram inserting himself into starting lineup & forcing Luke to start him at 2. Kuzma doesn't seem like that sort of person, but you never know.

I wouldn't mind AD, Kuzma, LeBron, Green, Bradley (or KCP).. but I feel like Cousins/AD duo is almost unstoppable in the post, and both can also push out to the 3pt line. Kuzma fits best in 6th man role unless if he vastly improved his defense/3pt shooting
    I agree with you about having a big lineup. I think the opposing team would quicken the pace and expose them with their inability to cope with fast players esp with perimeter shooting (3 beats 2).
    I would ease on Cousins and would start McGee instead, and I am highly skeptical about Bradley and esp KCP's ability to shoot and space the floor so I am leaning towards Caruso or Cook (both with career % of 40% from 3, who ever shoots better in practice) instead, with Lebron setting up the offense. Green positions on his favorite corner while Caruso gives picks to AD down low to force switches. If Caruso/Cook and Green nails a couple of 3's, it'll open the lanes up for Lebron and AD early.
    I then would pull out AD at the 7 minute mark for Kuzma. AD would then be fresh at the start of the 2nd quarter, to team up with Rondo, Cousins, Kuzma and Bradley to hopefully re-create what they had with New Orleans when they won many games there in '17, even sweeping the favored Blazers 2 playoffs ago. No, Bradley is not Jrue but he worked well with Rondo at Boston plus they would be up against the opposing bench.
    Last edited by tamaraw08; 07-11-2019 at 01:51 PM.

After the Handy hire, pretty happy with the coaching staff, most of them have been and even now could be head coaches in their own right as assistants looks pretty good, Adams would have been brilliant but not to be, just need a decent X's and O's coach added, big part in improving the organisation as a whole is its image and given an impression of stability, a solid coaching staff plays a big part in that.

Home of the 16

Quote Originally Posted by tamaraw08
    I agree with you about having a big lineup. I think the opposing team would quicken the pace and expose them with their inability to cope with fast players esp with perimeter shooting (3 beats 2).
    I would ease on Cousins and would start McGee instead, and I am highly skeptical about Bradley and esp KCP's ability to shoot and space the floor so I am leaning towards Caruso or Cook (both with career % of 40% from 3, who ever shoots better in practice) instead, with Lebron setting up the offense. Green positions on his favorite corner while Caruso gives picks to AD down low to force switches. If Caruso/Cook and Green nails a couple of 3's, it'll open the lanes up for Lebron and AD early.
    I then would pull out AD at the 7 minute mark for Kuzma. AD would then be fresh at the start of the 2nd quarter, to team up with Rondo, Cousins, Kuzma and Bradley to hopefully re-create what they had with New Orleans when they won many games there in '17, even sweeping the favored Blazers 2 playoffs ago. No, Bradley is not Jrue but he worked well with Rondo at Boston plus they would be up against the opposing bench.
    Or it'll be another 2009-2011 run where Odom comes in for Bynum moving Pau to C. Kuz comes in for Boogie.

NBA lottery pick

That's just bad news today. I was hopeful for Cousins. Tough to say he's injury prone when it was a hit to the knee. That's just bad luck. I really feel like he would have been a major contributor. He had something to prove to everyone and would have played with a chip on his shoulder.

Quote Originally Posted by dd24
    That's just bad news today. I was hopeful for Cousins. Tough to say he's injury prone when it was a hit to the knee. That's just bad luck. I really feel like he would have been a major contributor. He had something to prove to everyone and would have played with a chip on his shoulder.
    Yes it sucks, I felt he was the X factor in the playoffs but at least it happened early rather than Jan onwards. Faried looks intriguing because of his grit and athleticism but a bit undersized to cover bigs like Nurkic, KAT etc.
    I see the Lakers getting a medical exemption. Lebron calls Tristan Thompson to remind him how he pressured the Cavs to give in to his high asking price during a long negotiation. TT initiates a buy out, then signs with the Lakers. His baby mama gets tickled pink of the family going to LA

Home of the 16

Would anyone be fine adding Dwight as rumored? I'm over it, even if he came back 2, 3, 4 or 5 years after i'd still be fine if he came back to the Lakers. According to his former teammates, he never gave it all every game and would only show up for revenge games. But with Lebron around, he'll be there to keep him in check/accountable -- pretty sure we'll be getting flashbacks of prime Dwight

NBA lottery pick

I think he would fit right in actually. He's really more of a 4th or 5th option. It's not like last time when he was in his prime and looked to be one of the go to guys. I think he would understand his role of playing defense and rebounding. At this point in his career he should be motivated to finally get a championship. That would be his best opportunity to.

Home of the 16

Yeah, if he still manages to screw it up - he's done.

NBA lottery pick

Dwight is a Laker again.

Home of the 16

Quote Originally Posted by dd24
    Dwight is a Laker again.
    And doing a fantasy job protecting the rim. NBA Twitter lost their marbles and it felt good. Truly happy of Dwight getting the love these days.

NBA lottery pick

Glad to see him accepting the role. Hopefully he can keep it up.

Dwight seems to have transformed into a role-accepting role player now. Instead of a reluctant role player.