Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
       

Default Re: Pat Riley: "No more smiling faces with hidden agendas" (Shots at LBJ)

riley has nothing to complain about considering the hit in reputation lebron took to come play for him for four years and then produce the results that he did.

riley should get down on his hands and knees and thank his maker when something that fortunate comes his way.

Very good NBA starter tmacattack33's Avatar

Default Re: Pat Riley: "No more smiling faces with hidden agendas" (Shots at LBJ)

Quote Originally Posted by Fudge
    The Heat IS your team, aren't they?
    No I root for players more so than teams. I'm a Cleveland fan now.

Decent playground baller He Strong's Avatar

This is like sleeping with a girl that has a boyfriend, making her your girlfriend, and then being surprised when she cheats on you.

Get him a body bag! Patrick Chewing's Avatar

Local High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by Hey Yo
    So funny to see Riley still crying about LeBron doing what Riley offered him from the beginning......an opt out!!

Riley clearly doesn't have the guts to quit crying though

Well in defense of riley, lebron did make it seem like he would end his career in Miami when he said

Not 1, not 2, not 3, not 4........

Quote Originally Posted by Fudge
    The Heat IS your team, aren't they?
    Well OKC was your team until they didn't make playoffs and now you are a LeBron stan.

Decent playground baller He Strong's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PWB15
    Well in defense of riley, lebron did make it seem like he would end his career in Miami when he said

He meant it would be easy if he keeps switching to stacked teams.

Local High School Star

Maybe he was referring to Lebron's wish of Miami drafting Napier and if he was planning to leave anyway, Lebron shouldn't push for Napier.

Banned

   

Quote Originally Posted by LBJ 23
    Maybe he was referring to Lebron's wish of Miami drafting Napier and if he was planning to leave anyway, Lebron shouldn't push for Napier.
    #1 lebron only said he liked him, right? not to mention, riley is not dan gilbert who basically rolls on his back whenever LBJ gives him the command.

#2 doesn't make much sense for lebron to push for a guy anyway if he had already planned to leave. most reasonable scenerio, he simply hadn't decided yet. riley knew there was a big x-factor either way.

Quote Originally Posted by PWB15

There's only 2 things guaranteed in life, death and taxes.

Quote Originally Posted by LBJ 23
    Brian Windhorst:

"James never told the Heat directly he wanted them to draft Napier. He never talked to Napier about it, in fact he had no relationship with him, unlike numerous other college players he's become friendly with over the years from his annual Nike camps. If the Heat read James' tweets and comments to the media and made an assumption, then that is on them.

If there was a conspiracy, the Cavs didn't seem to be in on it. When free agency started they didn't even have enough salary-cap space available to sign a max player like James. When the Cavs signed Irving to a contract extension on July 1, having James as a teammate was not a part of the pitch.

They were getting ready to make a maximum contract offer sheet either to Gordon Hayward or Chandler Parsons, both small forwards like James, and even flew Hayward in on owner Dan Gilbert's jet. Only when James' agent called looking for a meeting several days into July did the Cavs slam on the brakes, and direct that same jet for South Florida.

They ended up having to make a quick and costly move -- sending out prospect Tyler Zeller and a future first-round pick to get Jarrett Jack off their books -- to make cap room for James.

Dunking on everybody in the park

Pat hates Bran with a passion.

It's so nice getting to see Riley get a taste of his own medicine. Riley is salty as ****, still crying about LeBron while his franchise he's running went fishing early while LeBron wasn't even aware of the comments and said exactly what needed to be said about Riley's comments.

Quote Originally Posted by LeBron James
    I don't care about nonsense. There's too much nonsense out there. This is a time where I lock in right now and I don't need nothing creeping into my mind for no reason that don't need to be there. I put all my energy and effort toward this team, that's all that matters.

Titles are overrated Kblaze8855's Avatar

That kinda surprises me from Riley. He seem like a "It was only business..." type. Pat Riley was a striaght up villian in the mid 90s....

He pretty much hit the Knicks with a chair shot and didnt give a shit.