Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast
    Please clap. Real Men Wear Green's Avatar

Default Re: Pascal Siakam max extension

Quote Originally Posted by SugarHill
    He's a PF. How many in the league have handles like him? Calling him a role player is a joke considering he will be an allstar as the best player on a top 5 playoff team.
    Trying to count how many 4s handle the ball the way he does wouldn't be much of a joke, more like a waste of time. Do you recall his attempt to dribble in front of Lonzo Ball? It's just not part of his skill set and if he's to be a featured offensive player that's an issue. He's not going to dominate on post ups and is not a big long range threat. He can finish and shoots decently but needs the ability to dribble to be a reliable go-to guy. Or else he'll be out there just getting effort baskets, a good contribution but not something you can rely upon.

Haven

Friendliest Poster :) E_Stamkos's Avatar

[QUOTE=Grey Dawn]Haven

Dude is UNDERPAID

Quote Originally Posted by Real Men Wear Green
    Trying to count how many 4s handle the ball the way he does wouldn't be much of a joke, more like a waste of time. Do you recall his attempt to dribble in front of Lonzo Ball? It's just not part of his skill set and if he's to be a featured offensive player that's an issue. He's not going to dominate on post ups and is not a big long range threat. He can finish and shoots decently but needs the ability to dribble to be a reliable go-to guy. Or else he'll be out there just getting effort baskets, a good contribution but not something you can rely upon.
    That play was hideous but it has less to do with his lack of handle but more of his issues in forcing the situation which is quite common. Facing up and taking bigs and wings off the dribble through the use of his handle or ability to blow by is a big part of his game. He was also the tertiary ball handler last year and would run the offense from the jump which would be impossible for a player that cannot handle the ball as you're making him seem. I'm not going to condescend you and suggest you have no idea what you're talking about but clearly you don't watch Raptor games enough. Spare me with that shit about counting players since I only have Blake, Millsap and Giannis as players in his position who have better handles than him. He's at the very least has good handles for a power forward. By all means, add to the list so I can see where your head is at. Of course he's not Kevin Durant out there but he doesn't need to be nor is his handle some major hurdle that will stop him from being a star which he clearly is going to be this year and should have been last year over Lowry.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ht5fFTS-Ou0
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uipPDseDgpM

National High School Star

How many players have become good dribbles after the age of 26?
    Well I was responding to what you said - which is this

He brings great energy but his ballhandling needs major work and most likely won't be improving. Excellent roleplayer.
    You said his ball handling likely won't be improving, I didn't understand why.

How many guys became good dribblers at 26? How many started playing basketball at 18 and went from as raw as he was in his rookie year to someone who can put the ball on the floor well enough to score the series clinching basket in the NBA Finals against the self-proclaimed best defender ever?

The whole reason they gave him the contract is because he's not a typical 26 year old, he's actually not even 26 for that matter, he's 25. So he started playing 7 years ago. I think it's asinine for somebody with basketball knoweldge to say he is a roll player and someone who likely won't improve given the reasons I went over in both this post and my last. Again I don't need to defend over defend that just stating my opinion and obviously you have yours. I'm under the impression that the Massai Ujiri is not taking the approach you seemed to be (w/ seemingly limited information).

I don't know how Ujiri views his potential as a scorer going forward but again, for the record, I don't disagree with the signing. If I was Ujiri I'd have done the same thing. As an all-around player he's fantastic. I just don't see him as a go-to scorer. I don't believe in his ability to create as the star and again, I doubt his ball handling. I did see the two vids posted, some of the moves were nice but it's a highlight vid. I can post a highlight reel that would make Antoine Walker look like a great shooter. Doesn't mean he was. I would never say he isn't talented but he's at an age where we rarely see major growth in a player's game. I get that you think he'll be the exception, and maybe he will, I'm not completely against this guy I just don't see him becoming a great scorer. Regardless we'll see how his season and career goes.

Ok when did this dude turn into Dirk? I'm calling shenanigans.

It's only right that he does this to your team. You know I had to run here

He's balling. I give him credit. Actually, I'm the one that ran here.

National High School Star

He's balling. I give him credit. Actually, I'm the one that ran here.
    I give you credit sir

Quote Originally Posted by yeaaaman
    I give you credit sir
    Y'all can win the argument...Celtics just won the game.

Y'all can win the argument...Celtics just won the game.

Gasol is ass

Imagine paying this scrub 130 million dollars

Quote Originally Posted by Manny98 View Post
    130 million for a slightly above average player?