Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    I usually hit open layups

Default Re: Raptors fans, thoughts on Chris Bosh winning a ring with the Heat

Quote Originally Posted by kaiteng
    Bosh spoke politically nice enough when Paul Jones asked him during post-game conference, so I give him a pass. He would still be the first player to have his jersey retired if there was in my book.
    Ya, that was nice to see.

Riggin' for Wiggins! Chamberlain's Avatar

What bokes said.

I am happy for Bosh, I genuinely like him as a human, but **** the Heat.

Quote Originally Posted by kaiteng
    He would still be the first player to have his jersey retired if there was in my book.
    It's your opinion bro, but I don't see it happening.

There won't be a jersey retirement for a former Raptor for a while.

What other former raptors have went onto win championships *after* their time in Toronto?

I can immediately think of Corliss Williamson and Kevin Willis.
    Last edited by neilio23; 06-23-2012 at 02:18 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by neilio23
    What other former raptors have went onto win championships *after* their time in Toronto?

Wasn't quite immediate if it took 9 minutes to fix your post...

College star

good for him winning a title. Raptor fans, in general, should not be bitter about Bosh or the heat. I think majority of the fans are upset with our franchise itself.

Good for Bosh for winning a title. When history is recorded, I doubt Bosh will ever be mentioned as an integral part of this team. This was all about Lebron and Wade. This 2011 - future Miami Heat team is all about Lebron and Wade. Bosh is happy being the 3rd best player and part of Lebron and Wade's help. Thats his personal decision. He now has a title. Congrats to him.

Quote Originally Posted by T-Low
    Wasn't quite immediate if it took 9 minutes to fix your post...
    My bad, I wanted to double check if I was right. If it is less offensive to you, remove the word "immediately"...

My bad, I wanted to double check if I was right. If it is less offensive to you, remove the word "immediately"...
    Phew! Offensive removed

the red rocket!

Learning to shoot layups AC Earl's Avatar

Billups in Detroit.

Good for Bosh, but f*ck the Heat.

Wanted to add Dave3's thoughts:

Quote Originally Posted by Dave3
    A little indifferent. I mean I like him overall I guess he seems like a nice guy in interviews and he does seem to play hard. He wasn't franchise player material necessarily and we didn't surround him with much anyways, so I can see why he left.

I guess I'd be on the happier for him side than upset about it, but I don't necessarily care that much. I guess I didn't care as much as most Toronto fans when he left, just because I never thought we were going to go that far with him, and I knew he was leaving from the second he chose not to play those last 5 games of the season or whatever it was when were fighting Chicago for that 8th spot.

I don't think most Toronto fans cared about Bosh in say, the way we loved a prime Vince Carter. We liked him but it wasn't that serious. I think what most were upset about were A. how he was only playing for himself and clearly quit on the team.

B. Just like the VC deal we got shit out of it. Bosh in a S & T for a 1st round pick from the Heat (which we gave away) our own 1st rounder back that we gave to the Heat as part of the JO deal. And a trade exception that became Hedo ****ing Turkoglu. And even that is more of BC's fault for not trading him earlier and making horrible roster changes in an attempt to keep him while appeasing Bargnani.

Overall, still don't care about Bosh nor do I follow the Heat. And i'm pretty uninterested when the Heat come and play in Toronto as well because it's the Lebron show anyways.

Chris who?

Miami is just LeBron and a bunch of filler.

Quote Originally Posted by Grey Dawn
    Chris who?

Miami is just LeBron and a bunch of filler.
    I wouldn't say Wade's just filler, more on the decline. But yeah, pretty much a lot of Raps fans got love for James over the rest of that Heat team.

Overall, good and honest consensus in the thread.

We don't have a strong enough culture (coaches or players or management) to handle a guy like Cousins. I'm normally the one to say let's go ahead and take a risk. And I was an advocate for picking up guys like J.R. Smith, Matt Barnes and David West. But theres a difference between tough guys that are overly emotional with their on-court play and guys who are equally as controversial with their own teammates and coaches. Those guys hurt more than they help and I would put DC in that category.